View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

What about some new stuff? Im not shure this is tread for suggjestions, but it seems so...anyway, some fun stuff:

Double/triple/quadriple form: making a mirror image of the agent. The mirror image will execute any action and nano the real agent is executing, including specials and perks, which will have the same effects on mob. The agent will recieve only 60/30/10 percent of the xp while running mirror images and do 80/50/30 percent of the damage. Mirror images have equal chanses of pulling agro, but cant be buffed. They can wear off after lozing enough hp.

No need for shadow form... why not just mimic breed? Or perk like that... atrox: huge boost to hp, huge debuff of nanoskills. nano: huge debuff to hp, huge buff to nanoskills and nanoinit. Soli: medium buff to base abilites, hp, nanopool, nanoskills and weapon skills, huge debuff to inits, conc and speed. Opi: Huge buff to speed, inits, conc and ar, huge debuff to nanoskills, hp, nanopool. Duration 2 hours. It stacks with already running prof mimics, but they cant be executed while in mimic breed, only refreshed. Equipment tab is locked while running mimic breed.

and WTB shadowlands roots!!!
    Last edited by s217313; Nov 26th, 2010 at 23:54:28.

Quote Originally Posted by s217313 View Post
    We have, questable nano. AoE SL-snare we not have tho, pretty pls?

What about some new stuff? Im not shure this is tread for suggjestions, but it seems so...anyway, some fun stuff:

Double/triple/quadriple form: making a mirror image of the agent. The mirror image will execute any action and nano the real agent is executing, including specials and perks, which will have the same effects on mob. The agent will recieve only 60/30/10 percent of the xp while running mirror images and do 80/50/30 percent of the damage. Mirror images have equal chanses of pulling agro, but cant be buffed. They can wear off after lozing enough hp.

No need for shadow form... why not just mimic breed? Or perk like that... atrox: huge boost to hp, huge debuff of nanoskills. nano: huge debuff to hp, huge buff to nanoskills and nanoinit. Soli: medium buff to base abilites, hp, nanopool, nanoskills and weapon skills, huge debuff to inits, conc and speed. Opi: Huge buff to speed, inits, conc and ar, huge debuff to nanoskills, hp, nanopool. Duration 2 hours. It stacks with already running prof mimics, but they cant be executed while in mimic breed, only refreshed. Equipment tab is locked while running mimic breed.

Cool idea on the mirror images, but I think Macrosun will have a heartattack if he has to code mirror images - and Agents aren't really a pet profession, don't you think?

As for the shadowlands roots, snares, stuns, etc see the original post - your question's answered already.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Superior Hold Victim is all i can find...and that seems like rk root. Why would that land on sl mobs? 100% nano resist as allways.

Didnt mean like pets..cant control them, they just repeat your actions. And agent can be played as a pet class...he doesnt have enough nanoskills to be good at it, but he can. Healpet, attackpet, 2 charms, whatever. If rebalance changes fp and gives boost to nanoskills, fp crat can be wery wiable for lvling i think.

Another one, maybe too wierd...not shure what use it would do. False level - boost level by + 10, + 20, +30, +40. Can be cast on others. Can be used to avvoid agro by groups of mobs who would assume youre too high lvl for them. Status remains the same. Cant be used to get xp from high lvl teams. Maybe for avoiding the nano lvl locks? lol

Blend with landscape. Like sneak, but executed during combat. If conc check is passed, you succecfuly will hide from mob. You wont be able to move, shoot or do anything in 1 minute duration or if mob doesnt move away certain distance from you. After effect is gone youl automaticly unsneak.

Superior Hold Victim is all i can find...and that seems like rk root. Why would that land on sl mobs? 100% nano resist as allways.
    It's potential future changes, we might get them to work in sl aswell. GDP would be handy there, weeha!

SL Mobs resist RK nanos because of the Level part of the defence, not the Nano resist part, even the 12% on Leisurely Interrogation even with 90% NR check means it's less likely to land than Superior Hold Victim which doesn't have a Level check at all.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

A quick question here:

How much of the info on the first page can we actually expect to see in rebalancing? Do either of our professionals have any insight into what's going on with Agents?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    A quick question here:

How much of the info on the first page can we actually expect to see in rebalancing? Do either of our professionals have any insight into what's going on with Agents?
    Naw. You know the perk docs already, but we haven't heard anything new about nanos, weapons, etc, since the original post.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Merry Christmas and best 2011 wishes for the best class ever invented in a MMO, hands down!

Very anticipated for the rebalance here, cheers!

Here's to a working FP toolset!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

The Special edition Kyr'Ozch Crossbow is actually rather good.
    the only thing missing is AS..

Maybe the future will bring a choice between bow and rifle?

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Would love to see proc-changes. Like stun/root/snare resistance added one some.

Significantly higher dots at endgame too,

Better dots would certainly be nice.
    Been so long since I looked at them I don't even recall if they stacked with doc/nt dots off the top of my head.
    If not they certainly all should stack.

Root/snare procs would be cool, stun procs seem to be a big no-no though so good luck there.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Been so long since I looked at them I don't even recall if they stacked with doc/nt dots off the top of my head.
    If not they certainly all should stack.

Root/snare procs would be cool, stun procs seem to be a big no-no though so good luck there.
    They do stack & I hope that devs will stay FAR away from any kind of procs.

I hate luck-based crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I hate luck-based crap.
    A some amount of luck is needed to keep a game fun and healthy.
    Otherwise stuff like evades would be either always miss or always hit.
    Crits would a permanent 0% or 100% thing.
    Anything with a range such as heals or weapon damage would always do the max number or the min number with no variance.

pvp would completely die and pvm would be even more dull...

Though I agree too much dependence on luck is a bad thing, especially since my luck is pretty horrible.

A some amount of luck is needed to keep a game fun and healthy.
    Otherwise stuff like evades would be either always miss or always hit.
    Crits would a permanent 0% or 100% thing.
    Anything with a range such as heals or weapon damage would always do the max number or the min number with no variance.

pvp would completely die and pvm would be even more dull...

Though I agree too much dependence on luck is a bad thing, especially since my luck is pretty horrible.
    They're completely unreliable though for something that you might need to win a fight, and can't say procs ever go off when I really NEED them either.

Take for example Frostbite on the Dshark, was a snareproc that would help soldiers a lot in keeping up with their victims but it was completely luckbased unlike our snareperks.

Or look at the MP NSD proc, it utterly devastates casters which would otherwise have no issues at all with MPs.

Doctors, MPs, etc have a super nano regeneration proc on their Ofab rings and it was one of the things that save them when their nano is getting drained (or they're casting a lot of nano-intensive stuff).

Then you have procs like on the Agent SE helm, 100 evades for a couple of seconds which ... well ... don't really make a difference because they aren't up when you NEED them to be up (when your opponent tries to perk).

Or the Agent Ofab ring, which gives +1k damage but that you can't time at all, making it useless for any kind of alpha.

I mean, some randomness isn't bad but I feel procs are generally a bad idea. Either they're insignificant, or they're overpowered, or they become something which your profession has to rely on to perform well - but which it can't due to the RNG.

As much as you aren't happy with evade adding procs on an agent it's still hardly a pebble to such procs on evade professions though, which have the same % chance to see it proc when they actually get hit.

Tbh such procs as you are mentioning are exactly the sort of things that shouldn't be procs.
    Well in the case of the nano adding proc for casters it's a bit too large when combined with he current state of nano costs and deltas.

After the nano cost and delta changes it might well be that the nano procs are fine as is, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it toned down either.

Evade adding procs would still be rather useless as a whole ofc.

I ment resistance, like our Psionic nanos does.

You get struck in combat = it procs and you become unstunnable/unrootable/unsnareable + speed would be leet.

Try cast our best one on yourself, 30-40 seconds later your HP is still 100%
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 11th, 2011 at 06:27:02.

As much as you aren't happy with evade adding procs on an agent it's still hardly a pebble to such procs on evade professions though, which have the same % chance to see it proc when they actually get hit.

Tbh such procs as you are mentioning are exactly the sort of things that shouldn't be procs.
    Well in the case of the nano adding proc for casters it's a bit too large when combined with he current state of nano costs and deltas.

After the nano cost and delta changes it might well be that the nano procs are fine as is, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it toned down either.

Evade adding procs would still be rather useless as a whole ofc.
    So what would you like to see as procs then? You mentioned roots/snares, but how much and what kind of duration are we looking at? Breakable, stimmable?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    So what would you like to see as procs then? You mentioned roots/snares, but how much and what kind of duration are we looking at? Breakable, stimmable?
    The only procs I have liked (not just disliked) are the skill-buffing ones, as they can be used for twinking..

again, procs for regular combat is annoying; because they are(should) never the factor doing that you win, because if you face every mob with the chance of dieing, you will stop facing the mob till you are stronger.

So for me a rifle/bow/ma proc or a nanoskills proc, rather than AAO, AAD or NR procs.
    Giving skills (AO is a skill based game) makes it a bit more interactive.
    Especially the pre-mimic agents will enjoy getting access to better nanos.

The best PVP proc I could imagine would be an Aimed Shot skill proc
    -with the removal of the cap on top of it..
    sure it should be hard to score high shots, harder than today, but it should be skill based, not just caping all the time.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast