View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

Knock off the inappropriate trolling, please. Its uncalled for and no one needs to bait anyone else.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    Can't believe people listen to a clown who thinks Agents are top DD.
    Insults...

And talk about misrepresenting other people. Agent often rank as top dd's in most level-ranges as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Insults...

And talk about misrepresenting other people. Agent often rank as top dd's in most level-ranges as a matter of fact.
    Post those facts in a way that supports your argument! Or leave them out of your thesis.

The "NO YOU!" type argument for it is simply not working.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Insults...

If by most level-ranges u mean till title 5 then u are rite...by the title 7 if get in the first 7-8 u should be happy (depending on what other profesions are there), but since a doc can OD an agent...it`s kinda hard to accept an agent into a raid...when another doc is more usefull....
    Ultraagent 220- Agent Opifex
    Evanescense 125- Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Ttempath 125- Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Driial View Post
    but since a doc can OD an agent...
    I think I know where this claim comes from...those docs OD's shades, soldier aswell, statisticly.

Insults...

I'll never forget you saying this, and you'll never hear the end of it. Agents are one of the worst professions in current game PvM. PvP only because aimed shot success + killing gimps who don't reach the "relatively" easy to get 3k+ static evades (even Marine's Soldier can evade your perks).

You prove that I am saying something more crazy and unbelievable then we'll talk. I believe Agents need the most improvement (along side MPs/Keepers), and it would appear Funcom agrees as they are making Agents last.

I won't insult you (nor did I), but I will say (again) you are a clown. And you aren't being realistic or factual. And until you bring real data to the table, you are can just be the clown of the Agent forum. This is no INSULT, it speaks from the information you bring vs what almost every other agent is saying. If you honestly play agent that much, why do you seem to be one of the few who are missing where Agent's future lies.
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 12th, 2010 at 00:28:05.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

PvP only because aimed shot success + killing gimps who don't reach the "relatively" easy to get 3k+ static evades (even Marine's Soldier can evade your perks).
    Hey now. I made many sacrifices to get those evades. Notucomm, full css, even a left arm AAD implant! It was not easy!
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Hey now. I made many sacrifices to get those evades. Notucomm, full css, even a left arm AAD implant! It was not easy!
    *fondles*
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

(even Marine's Soldier can evade your perks).
    No, not if agent focus a little on attack rating. Perks are very important for agent pvp, specially when using stealth.

You often perk ma, crat, trader, adv, evade-agents, shade and so on. Take them with perks down

It's like two diferent directions/popular playstyles for solo-pvp;

1. Outlast the opponent like a doctor. Assault-doctor as I call it
    2. Strike fast and deadly/ in and out-attacks. Rawr...
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 12th, 2010 at 12:18:06.

No, not if agent focus a little on attack rating. Perks are very important for agent pvp, specially when using stealth.

You often perk ma, crat, trader, evade-agents, shade and so on.

It's like two diferent directions/popular playstyles for solo-pvp;

1. Outlast the opponent like a doctor. Assault-doctor as I call it
    2. Strike fast and deadly/ in and out-attacks. Rawr...
    and tell me how do u plan to perk a MA, shade and so on?

Dunno...Even on my horrible solitus agent I perk shade, trader, keeper and dedicated pvp-players a little.

When I played Mino active I didn't have alb/db-bracers, pandestuff (beside beast rifle, and profession-star I think), high AI level, neckboard or informant nanos etc. Basicly just slapped on a css-set, ql 160-240 imps/symb and scope... performance wasn't all that bad and had a lot of fun

Disagree with some claims here about the profession, or think they are narrow/exaggerated...

We're squishy tho + our unique repetoir and profession-requisite is imo a bit outdated and unfinished endgame.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 12th, 2010 at 16:02:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Driial View Post
    and tell me how do u plan to perk a MA, shade and so on?
    Catch them unaware, open with BE and a stun and unload the rest of the perks before they are able to remove the stun and get their evade perks running?

Or at least hope you can.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Catch them unaware, open with BE and a stun and unload the rest of the perks before they are able to remove the stun and get their evade perks running?

Or at least hope you can.
    easier said then done Ebon, usually evade class runs with dof/limber up in pvp, alternating between them...so it`s hard to land a perk....unless u meet a gimp

Dunno...Even on my horrible solitus agent I perk shade, trader, keeper and dedicated pvp-players a little.

When I played Mino active I didn't have alb/db-bracers, pandestuff (beside beast rifle, and profession-star I think), high AI level, neckboard or informant nanos etc. Basicly just slapped on a css-set, ql 160-240 imps/symb and scope... performance wasn't all that bad and had a lot of fun

Disagree with some claims here about the profession, or think they are narrow/exaggerated...

We're squishy tho + our unique repetoir and profession-requisite is imo a bit outdated and unfinished endgame.
    which game are you talking about?

I think this letah guy is just trolling. Nothing he says makes any sense lol.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

I tried something similar on my RK1 agent, and with my AR setup I could actually perk profs like adventurers in DoF downtime, or bureaucrats in AAD-perk-downtime. Good/endgame ones too, like Shujiro and Sterva. Shades were breakfast. MAs were too rare so I can't say, don't remember fighting many worth a crap.

It got better if I teamed AR buff profs such as Trader/Bureaucrat/Keeper/etc, with a bit of luck I could perk pvp Fixers at Tarasque raids.

Should be noted though that my setup focused on easy to land perks - fully perked into CONC and COHA with SharpObj for Tears I could do quite a bit of damage to evaders (Fuzz/Feast/FireFrenzy/BotConfinement/Tear/Tranq/CS). I had around 3.2k-3.3k AR in the final days of my AR setup, with a lot of AAO and AS skill (and a Wen-Wen for an additional +100 AAO every time I died in BS). So my final AR on AI perks topped out at like 3.8k+, and Concussive Shot had something like 3.5k+ but I forgot the exact numbers. If anyone feels like doing the math, the "goal" setup is still in my siggy and included TL7 towers.

..but as Lletah says you are VERY squishy in an endgame AR setup. You're good to go for most duels (Crat/Doc/Eng/Soldier and maybe Fixer own you badly though), but if you get any add in PvP you are solidly screwed. Even with 19k hp and a 5k absorb on demand I died like a fly all the time on BS/tara/NW/city/whatever. So that is the reason I went back to def setup. I absolutely HATE rebuffing because of all the time it takes, and I often call or lead at mass PvP encounters which means I simply can't afford dieing easily when I get targeted.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Nov 12th, 2010 at 19:19:09.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    WTB Improved Projectile Magnet in game please.
    For lower levels? We got this for high level just incase you missed it

No, I'm not trying to troll you Ninjaloot

Maybe some use LE-huds in hud3 instead of the scope that gives 336 attack rating for concussive shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    So my final AR on AI perks topped out at like 3.8k+, and Concussive Shot had something like 3.5k+ but I forgot the exact numbers...
    That is a concern I have tho.

Since we use stealth and have tools/design for doing high opening damage and obtaining +damage fast without breaking sneak combined with escape-repetoir I feel that most of the fast alpha-potential/high burst-damage should be aquired from our profession-perks, not the generic perks/system.

At high level we're really not so potent anymore in this regard, at least not in pvm.

It's pretty usefull in pvp too while sneaking behind enemylines.

but as Lletah says you are VERY squishy in an endgame AR setup.
    And pvm crit/damage-setup... :x

Even with 19k hp and a 5k absorb on demand I died like a fly all the time on BS/tara/NW/city/whatever.
    Yeh, relying a lot on CC and rapid strikes in pvp-soloing, FP doc helps tho.

For tara I use soldier, which is ok...somewhat. Absolutely love AR/Perception config on opi, it's great!
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 12th, 2010 at 23:44:03.

Should be noted though that my setup focused on easy to land perks - fully perked into CONC and COHA with SharpObj for Tears I could do quite a bit of damage to evaders (Fuzz/Feast/FireFrenzy/BotConfinement/Tear/Tranq/CS). I had around 3.2k-3.3k AR in the final days of my AR setup, with a lot of AAO and AS skill (and a Wen-Wen for an additional +100 AAO every time I died in BS). So my final AR on AI perks topped out at like 3.8k+, and Concussive Shot had something like 3.5k+ but I forgot the exact numbers. If anyone feels like doing the math, the "goal" setup is still in my siggy and included TL7 towers.
    Bump for that, would like to see some calcs on what Lupus setup would be like, with and without towers. Maybe mixed up too for a full AR setting.

...but as Lletah says you are VERY squishy in an endgame AR setup. You're good to go for most duels (Crat/Doc/Eng/Soldier and maybe Fixer own you badly though), but if you get any add in PvP you are solidly screwed. Even with 19k hp and a 5k absorb on demand I died like a fly all the time on BS/tara/NW/city/whatever. So that is the reason I went back to def setup. I absolutely HATE rebuffing because of all the time it takes, and I often call or lead at mass PvP encounters which means I simply can't afford dieing easily when I get targeted.
    I could only imagine 10k heal every 8 seconds with 19k hp vs even just two players. The damage they have + any interrupts/stuns/init debuffs...looks like hell just to be able to land perks.

~Also the part about mass PvP...completely true. Just to get 3-4 (hopefully) more kills you lose a caller?
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

I'm praying the changes inc enable my agent to remove NR2 (heck even NR1 would be nice not to worry about). I really hope the devs address how we force ourselves to go -600 in nanoskills to be viable in todays pvp.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast