View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

Hey now, you dodged it! I added some feedback there, but ok ^_^

And if we don't get agg anyway and are so uber, what is the point in the defense-modifier/evadetalk?
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 10th, 2010 at 01:11:25.

Unhappy hai!

oh i made a bobo changed my logon when i first did a salvage ai mission but the great secret was...dum dum dum.... i pulled as many rats as i could in Rats! daily mission, nuked em with 2 kels iirc because the 3rd wouldnt do full damage (or it may have been just 1 and ...etc) and stopped dumper as soon as nuke landed

anyway, in that VERY REALISTIC situationfor which i was very well prepared, i'm pretty sure i have ODed pretty much every prof out there apart from - an actual NT nuking with +% nanodmg and an enf with avalanche, but if you don't believe me i'll have my DD ready next time im bored and roll a rats mission

oh and the other day lilithspawn was kind enough to pull lord ghasap and all the adds at tara since there were no clans, sadly he (or she?) made it to troom after tara/admin died so i was already down on dd list but i FPed nt and bumped up from ~11th place in dd to ~7th, pretty awesome

and the best thing is that i just used my regular pvp setup, i think i proved that agents are indeed very good DDs even whilst wielding rifles

P.S. i enjoy sarcasm a lot more since i moved to UK, wonder why that is

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    P.S. i enjoy sarcasm a lot more since i moved to UK, wonder why that is
    Can I try?

Hello, I wanna ruin and sabotage content for others because of some hypothetical situation where it only exists endgame agent that always plays in mimic doc, not in dd-setup and is always with a tank that is an advanced player in a team with healers that is always alert.

PS/ don't be mad cause I made some comments about your setup and damage-evaluation hm

We're all friends here, somwehat. Feedback and updates on this subject is not mutually exlusive to running around CH-tanking. You can always choose to not use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    And if we don't get agg anyway and are so uber, what is the point in the defense-modifier/evadetalk?
    Solo situations so we don't need to go Mimic Doc for some defence.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Solo situations so we don't need to go Mimic Doc for some defence.
    Perksnares, CC, other FP's...where's the regard and consideration for the storyline and the charracter/profession?

I sincerly feel this profession is tried being watered out as an expense of exchanging it by some evade/heal-hybrid. Not that I mind heal-ability or the open skill-system AO offers.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 10th, 2010 at 01:40:02.

Perksnares, CC, other FP's...where's the regard and consideration for the storyline and the charracter/profession?
    Perk Snares aren't up all the time, and a lot of mobs have capped Attack range so they don't work particularly well there, despite that we'll be able to have them up longer after they 'nerf' our endgame perks.

CC barely works in SL, breaks on hit and the only one that does work reliably for adds is fairly slow to recast, they need work.

Other professions: That's exactly where I'd like to see those evades come from.
    For example: Maybe access to DoF/Limber while running Mimic Fixer/MA/Shade, or perhaps access to Bio Cocoon while Running Mimic Enforcer/Advy/Engi.

I can dream
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Chameleon!

Someone please show me an Agent that is getting much over 200k DPM. Please, I'll even post it here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=583083

I get Lletah you are trying to be unique, and maybe even enjoy arguing detaunts and silly stuff that really the average Agent won't care about, and the experienced one overcomes. But I am not going to give you any more time for your pointless crusade. I'd rather see this thread locked before any more of that gets spilled in this thread.

SO please, without further ado...someone post an agent doing over 200k. I don't even have any extensive research in my post, and I can already tell no agent is going to be able to push over 250k, let ago 300k+++
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 10th, 2010 at 08:44:03.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I get Lletah you are trying to be unique, and maybe even enjoy arguing detaunts and silly stuff that really the average Agent won't care about, and the experienced one overcomes.
    Charracter-assassination? Stop doing that please, it's all a product of your own thinking.

No need for personal attacks when someone shares concerns, opinions and experiences diferent from your own.

Maybe it's ok to post about things someone finds silly or seemingly the average and "experienced" don't care about?

But I am not going to give you any more time for your pointless crusade.
    Thank you! Wished more people were like you

I'd rather see this thread locked before any more of that gets spilled in this thread.
    It's not my fault people can't stop whining about *whatever* when someone tries to post constructive feedback...

Agents often been top DD's in Panderaids, 42, Mercs, 12-man, APF etc..just FYI

And no: Without being NT altho that is good for axp-farming.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 10th, 2010 at 21:08:06.

As far as the evade thing goes, if bureaucrat speeches were fp-able that combined with RI from MA and a properly done evade configuration should be functional no?
    Maybe push for opening speeches then.

MA for evade and crit etc then crat for aura and charms etc,
    or skip charms and crat-> ma for the "improved" post balance heals.
    *shrug*
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Agents often been top DD's in Panderaids, 42, Mercs, 12-man, APF etc..just FYI
    This is the internet. Pics or it didn't happen. I've certainly never seen it or done it, even when I've tried to push DD in a 70% crit setup using a Bow and spamming DoTs.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    This is the internet. Pics or it didn't happen. I've certainly never seen it or done it, even when I've tried to push DD in a 70% crit setup using a Bow and spamming DoTs.
    You need to use NT and Spam AoE's to get it to work from what I gather.

Posts about De-taunts moved to the appropriate thread.

Posts about De-taunts moved to the appropriate thread.
    Question: Not sure if I get this right...

We don't discuss the detaunt-revampage or provide feedback on how they should/could be revamped in this thread any longer, just the other points in the list? Just concerned devs miss out on important constructive feedback amongst the other discussions proposing removal/discontinuation, so would be great to make sure =)

• Aimed Shot: Agents exclusively will get access to a secondary Aimed Shot special, sort of like Backstab. Name will probably be Snipe Shot, and it won't deal more damage than a Burst. I have no other details yet, it's a work in progress.
    • Ruse of Taren: size reduction and Concealment buff will be separated, and size reduction can be cancelled at will (about 1 NCU for the -size).
    • Detaunts: revampage, apparently for all levelling ranges. No details.
    • Bailing nanos: they're getting a revamp, again not much details.. especially durations will be changed.
    • Damage over Time: they will be "fixed", but noone has a clue how that's going to work out.
    • Snares/roots/stuns: shorter duration, faster casting, and they'll finally work in the Shadowlands.

Question: Not sure if I get this right...

We don't discuss the detaunt-revampage or provide feedback on how they should/could be revamped in this thread any longer, just the other points in the list? Just concerned devs miss out on important constructive feedback amongst the other discussions proposing removal/discontinuation, so would be great to make sure =)
    The stuff about de-taunts, quite frankly, was getting too big for this thread, as such the posts were moved to a different thread more dedicated to the purpose. So it would be appreciated if De-Taunt discussions could remain in that thread.

I am certain the Dev's will not miss any constructive feedback. I'll ask Lupusceleri to provide a link to that thread in the Original post as well, just to be sure.

If any other subjects get an equivalent amount of dedicated focus, then they too deserve their own thread.

Consider it a collection of all the pertinent information to make it easier for the Dev's to find the information.

Consider it a collection of all the pertinent information to make it easier for the Dev's to find the information.
    You misunderstand, for devs who want to read constructive design-ideas, concerns and feedback pertaining the revamp instead of the discussion regarding removal and other things like tactics to use other means of surrival, where is the discussion for that, here or?

Got a lot of feedback and ideas regarding the rebalancing, especially for lower levels.

So glad it's finally looked at.

The detaunt discussion should be in the detaunt thread. If you have ideas pretaining to that, post it there.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

You misunderstand, for devs who want to read constructive design-ideas, concerns and feedback pertaining the revamp instead of the discussion regarding removal and other things like tactics to use other means of surrival, where is the discussion for that, here or?

Got a lot of feedback and ideas regarding the rebalancing, especially for lower levels.

So glad it's finally looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    The detaunt discussion should be in the detaunt thread. If you have ideas pretaining to that, post it there.
    What Anarrina said.

However, to try and keep things as tidy as possible and as easy for the Dev's to read as possible, it's typically best to try and keep threads on-topic as much as possible.

So if you have multiple different ideas, for example how to Improve DoT's, or what different Nano formulas we should get access to, then they are probably each best in their own threads to help keep the discussions as focused as possible.

Personally I believe that even discussion about removal of tools is perfectly valid and constructive feedback, even if some people like and enjoy those tools, not everyone has the same opinion afterall.

Personally I believe that even discussion about removal of tools is perfectly valid and constructive feedback,
    So do I, just that it's two diferent discussions and it would be tidy and maybe less tension to separate them, just that

So now I am the propetior of a thread regarding removal, not enhancements regarding the continuation that is inc with the revamp, nerf that!

Oh well, can't wait for the updates! This takes too long!

Glad to see the true meaning of an AGENTS future is being heard . Can't believe people listen to a clown who thinks Agents are top DD.

I guess we need humor though, forums can't always be serious. If ANYONE believes agents damage is fine, then please...speak up.
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 11th, 2010 at 02:13:33.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast