View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    And I haven't seen a clear anwer why damage is so important beside; 'It's ingame and I want it to see it increased while I FP doc, twink my hp, cost-modifiers, nanoinit, resist and my evades + that is more important than other players concerns or having the toolset of the actual profession and other FP's be of any viabillity'...
    And again u avoid to answer (i stopped keeping count), i`m guessing ur ok that we get our ass OD`ed by the docs and almost everyone out there, so our damage dosen`t need to be fixed...what`s the point of rolling an agent then? Doc`s nowadays owns us to much, AS it`s not *only agent* feat anymore, doc`s have`it to (beside other profesions), CH is nothing beside ICH/BI so yeah, we don`t need damage, fix the useless things, those are waaaaaaaaaaay more important then making an agt what it supposed to be, something to be feared, cause atm...we are only a joke of what we should be...
    Ultraagent 220- Agent Opifex
    Evanescense 125- Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Ttempath 125- Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Driial View Post
    cause atm...we are only a joke of what we should be...
    I agree, our damage could be better at endgame. Just taking a page from someone else's book.

<<< Tried a lot getting our endgame-perks improved and not crippled, dots improved, nanos improved, surrivabillity in other FP's improved etc... was trolled and resisted by people you wouldn't think would work against it.

It's that whole caster/evade/hp-setup combined with mimic doc that some people are so protective of.

Getting our unique toolset revamped isn't mutually exlusive to that and we gotten lots of critlove etc, but the detaunting-tools we have and we do get should matter and is in dire need for a better design. It's just how it is.

Enforcer is a profession that use similar mechanics, see a diference in effect and usabillity?

Now, we don't need it cause players just need to L2P right? Get some hp, let tank build agg etc..I know

Funcom employee

Lletah: Please help to preserve what little sanity I have left and start editing your posts instead of deleting them every time you want to make a modification (we can see all the remnants of your deleted posts - we're uber like that. unfortunately it clutters things up a lot and gives us headaches which isn't good for anybody).

I'd also like to recommend people in this thread start using a bit more rational discourse instead of attempting to crank up WWIII. Agreeing to disagree isn't a bad option, and it keeps us from having to moderate - Something that this thread is headed toward rather quickly. Consider this an official warning - We're keeping watch. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

This thread just got hit by OVER 9000! points of re-usable Kintaii dmg.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

There is also a great crit-bonus to MA >>>adventurer, and this is where I often splat in teams on my endgame opi.
    how is mimic MA is gonna help u stay alive in pvp/pvm (exclude raids from here)
    Ultraagent 220- Agent Opifex
    Evanescense 125- Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Ttempath 125- Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Asylum

how is mimic MA is gonna help u stay alive in pvp/pvm (exclude raids from here)
    I'm buffing crits, first MA, then True Profession and then Mimic Adv for kitty (more crits) and some heals (lol).

Mostly I cast dots and sureshot when I play, sharpshooter perked...gives 2 great damageperks

After that it's often eng etc, rarely doc. Doing around 5k crits in add damage/crit-build with a pretty good critrate.

Getting agg doing this, regardless of if I od someone or not, is painfull indeed...and nervewrecking for most docs.

I'm happy they are revamping more of our core abilities at least. In pvp (and some solo-pvm), going anything else but mimic doc for combat is almost unplayable. Altho, stare + better heals makes Adv relevant, etc...depends on your style. =)

Regarding ruse and shrinkage; Why not just extend the teambuff? Some professions might find it usefull. The logic behind us getting a little defense-modifier with it (Ruse of Taren) was due to the shrinking
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 8th, 2010 at 18:29:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Neither does spamming CH.
    /PS
    Can only ch if you're high enough to cast mimic, and at high level I am rarely mimic doc in pvm if I team.

I promise (yeah, really ) to make that video tho, when you provide one where we actually need more damage.

I'll be here waiting to evaluate wether it's accepted or not.

Edit:
    Weren't you with me when we both died (stolen agg and splatted there so many times) horribly in 12-man?
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 8th, 2010 at 20:51:10. Reason: For the sake of Kintaii mkay?

cba to read ur pointless stuff lletah, i used what i had available + u didnt even bother looking at the equip properly or reading my posts so w/e

why dont u do whatever perfect pvm setup u dream of and go do lotv, with a doc, go full agg as well if u want but until you've done that and posted your result, i'd appreciate it if you kept ur bashing to urself

Saw enough to determine that you shouldn't be counted, at all. Lots of mandatory stuff was left out.

It wasn't even bashing, just observations and some information about aquiring damage. Here for those who missed it.

(i dont really care either way, its just the only viability we have right now)

Mhm... CH dominates the profession too much at endgame imo but by all means; Play assault-doctor all you want and share concerns regarding that, AO let you customize your charracter exactly the way you want it so, just remember there is no need or ground for attempting to hold back those who wanna play agent, the actuall class and wishes to see other FP's be viable to play the game with too

The rebalance doesn't just evolve around what some Mimic Doc-orientated pvp'ers on the forum agree's on.

People have diferent visions and opinions, and some regard for the charracter would be apreciated.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 8th, 2010 at 23:01:00.

You think I want to be trapped in mimic doc forever? way to totally miss the point.

The point of that is, as long as we have a real viable setup, i'm okay with whatever works. Right now the only WORKING setup is fp doc. Doesn't mean i want that forever or that I cater to the "caster/evade/blah blah" crowd you seem you be using in your arguments.

I believe I had posted my own views on what an Agent should be. Which is a Ranged Shade essentially. That has been and will continue to be my view. Doesn't mean thats how it is now, and trying to play in anything besides doc is frustrating at best.

you are clearly confused about everything.

edit : and for what its worth, take a look at what I voted for in the poll in this very thread.

"Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity."

herp derp
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

You think I want to be trapped in mimic doc forever? way to totally miss the point.

The point of that is, as long as we have a real viable setup, i'm okay with whatever works.

Other setups/mimics are "viable" tho, for dd'ing or doing other stuff.
    It would be even more viable if our core-designs/tools were better and if the FP-line were extended better.

It's just that in dd-build you splat when you get agg and you won't have access to CH as you will do other FP's.

What I missed out in the setup:

RK-Ring, Alb-ring, Saba-bracers. Very important.

Options:

Can use cc-sleeves intstead of crit-sleeves, and maybe DB-bracer on one hand instead of saba.

Not sure about boots, using DB-boots as for now.

Cons: Low HP (really), Low Evade and Low AR.

Perks:

Assassin, Black Ops, Infantry, Sharpshooter
    Made/CoNC/CoHA

You do get agg on fighting singletarget a lot, even sometimes on the rare occasion you play with advanced players and you won't have CH, so you splat fast. Currently detaunts will do nothing to save you.

Ok, Hello Tharss!

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I get upset too. If you really know Agent that well, then you wouldn't even be commenting on detaunts Lletah. Period.
    Oh yes I would, and doing so too.

Cause you would know you need to push the IMPORTANT agent issues, not the 2-3 pages of utter junk.
    Not participating in that conduct and it's pretty rude to call other concerns 'utter junk'.

Someone also have disregard for the storyline and charracter. Attitude.

I would never vote you for professional until you see agents with a clear eye.
    Allright

I'll be your unprofessional until then hm.

I agree with this, non-CH spamming or solo...where are you even going to have an argument? I feel you are becoming a troll on the very profession you love dearly.
    Don't understand what you said, but I just recycled someone else's arguments and it was 'trolling'.

It's an equally valid argument tho and it's more important and suitable than more ch-support.

I think we do pretty good in mimic doc now, not as good as mimic eng for example.

And the rest of our toolset needs some attention I think.

Listen Lletah. I am not going to accuse you of being anything more then a person who is trying to fight an uphill battle that isn't needed.
    But, what are you suggesting?

Trying to shut me up on the subject cause the people who think they owns this forum and decides what matters and not don't share my concerns?

I know pretty well how it is to play agent and the issues we get, specially when not playing in docmode.

Give up trying to convince me to gangcare about some -cost/NR love, rifle or whatever is more popular. LOL

yet you keep bringing up tiny unimportant details.
    To who? It's our toolset, not a 'tiny unimportant detail' like ch is.

You can't bully people to play it narrowly and just be concerned about things that only matters and benefits some specially buildt pvp'ers. It's not how it works. Even if it's seeminly "just a minority-opinion".

Listen to Marine though on this topic, he gets it. Agents were always meant to be the assassin/ranged version of the shade.
    They made agent before shade

I agree tho and has objected to making it into an evadeclass unlike some others. Agent being designed as high dd's is why detaunts are such an integral part of our design. It isn't implemented well tho and other things have limited us a little I guess.

And yeah I think that should be fixed before dd-issues in docmode is adressed.

Whats the point in asking for new rifles if the agenttools we have to deal with it are so flawed and useless?

Oh! Those new-age "support/evade-class" concerns?
    No, not against it as an option, it's what AO is all about... it's just that the profession also is an important part, duh
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 9th, 2010 at 13:00:58.

There is some quality reading in this thread./Popcorn
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Letah, could you do me a favor?

Could you please run an Alien Ground Raid and run a Damage Dumper for the General? Even a squishy DDer can tank those with help of a Doc, so you should have no problems just focusing on Damage. I'm very interested to see what kind of DPM numbers you can crank out.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

if by HP buffs u mean omni med yes, and no i was dressed in full AR ( was doing dd to), with mimic doc...so what?
    Because that is the reason why your damage is lacking and u were in a FP where getting agg isn't so dangerous.

And how could you heal after spamming GW and Dot?

Come back after you done a few months in FP Adv/MA/Eng/Crat etc and you'll see a higher deathrate

AR doesn't give much damage-bonus in pvm btw, compared to the options.

do u know any FP that works so u can run thru a inferno hard and not worry that u will die?
    But that is the point! If we had proper tools we wouldn't need to worry about dying.

And you could, omg oO...do a dd-setup without splatting or breaking the nerves of an innocent doc all the time!

it`s time to wake up Letah,

I am awake! :> I seen this from miiiles away.

You just said you had a FP-viabillity issue due to concerns about dying. My case- in- point

but it`s THE ONLY thing that works so we can stay alive, if u got any other options let me hear them,
    So I do have a legitimate concern then?

Options are a working toolset with enhanced FP-viabillity.

• Better repressor with sane requirements.
    • Better proc-system like 100% silencer on demand.
    • Better nanos.
    • Better FP-extensions. Like Bol+ Instantheal + stare as adv for example. SL-calms as crat/trader/nt etc

And other things, like dots with debuff etc...

if we didn`t had mimic doc + CH agent wouldn`t even be played...we die easy even with that...
    YES!

This is why I find this to be of some importance. We got 11 FP's. It's almost unplayable....lol "we don't need it"

They will come to good use and it's fun! Other people play for fun too you know.

Edit:

/PS sacrifice what dmg letah? if u can`t tank/heal do dmg at the same time....it`s your problem....but lets not talk about damage....agent`s aren`t DD anymore
    What, I'm gonna heal with the MA/Adv heals? ^_^

How can I tank with the low HP and evade that a damage-setup result in?

The game doesn't just evolve around 1 type of agents all running the same FP-nano and we do have a unique pre-requsite.

Agent is the most sophisticated damage-profession in AO. All our perks are offensive and w paper-design thereof.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 9th, 2010 at 19:36:10.

1 damage-setup I use for those who wondered (Hi Sultry), still working. Opi 220/30/70: Try it

Someone else can do the auno-config?

Weapon:

Hud/Utils = Alb damage-thing (I think), Stellar deck, Obitom, ACDC, Snipers Friend and VTS.

Rifle = Xan

NCU = Whatever, we're going for crit and add damage, rawr!

Clothing

Shoulders = Goc + Penpads

Armor = Special ofab headwear, Ofab Gloves, rest is DB, I think thats the best altho it might be better boots around.

Back = Currently using spirit shroud, not sure if it is the best option.

Bracers = Saba, then DB-bracer on one wrist. Exploring.

Rings = RK-ring and alb ring, can choose between damage and crit.

Perks

SL = Assassin, Black Ops, Infantry, Sharpshooter...you get 4 more perks.
    AI = Made, ConC, CoHa

Use MA/Adv for FP'ing...gives crit. Options are Eng, Crat, NT...whatever gives damage.
    Then you cast your dot and critnanos, with coffee. Use ALL perks.

DD is pretty fair, bit squishy ...this is just endgame agent. We got all levels to care for.

I'm very happy to see the detaunting-toolset gets a revamp and hoping to see some of my designs live, tired of splatting/holding back on pretty much my all agents.

We weren't really buildt for only casting CH, altho that option should remain.
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 9th, 2010 at 23:54:01.

In another thread and another discussion I will.
    I'd just like to point out that in my secret set-up which is different to what I've used on lotv, i can do roughly 600dpm on a specific type of mob. AND I WILL post proof later when i log in cause i've used that as a orgbot logon to show how awesome I am.

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    I'd just like to point out that in my secret set-up which is different to what I've used on lotv, i can do roughly 600dpm on a specific type of mob. AND I WILL post proof later when i log in cause i've used that as a orgbot logon to show how awesome I am.
    LOL, as if I'm bragging about damage?
    I didn't really bring it into the topic at all as I said we needed a revamp of detauns b4 damage, others did

The endgame setup is there for all to see and try out if they are so overly concerned w it.

It has nothing to do with the discussion so you wont see me subjected to these lame provements-tests here
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 9th, 2010 at 20:02:00.

All the talk about DD does make me wonder though if some other weapons might offer more.
    All that add damage just screams burst/full auto to me...
    If you could use those without losing aimed shot good stuff IMO.

Even post re-balance it might be nice to choose between AS/FA as per the situation.
    IE if pvm holds true that you don't get follow up AS's as much opening with it and then switching to full auto could be functional.

Would this be an option?
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Would love upgrade to M150-rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    [*]Ruse of Taren: size reduction and Concealment buff will be separated, and size reduction can be cancelled at will (about 1 NCU for the -size).
    About shrinkage; Why not make another Meld-nano for those don't want the scalebuff? The other modifiers were reasoned with that it made sense in accordance with being tiny.

Why should we get defence modifiers in our own profession nanolines? How does this fit in to the charracter and storyline?

It's the first time we get a buff like that and we're not an evadeclass.

Would love upgrade to M150-rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Agent Wishlist
    3. New Rifles:
    • Alternative PvP rifle options, e.g. upgraded M150 Booster to TL7.

About shrinkage; Why not make another Meld-nano for those don't want the scalebuff? The other modifiers were reasoned with that it made sense in accordance with being tiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Agent Wishlist
    4. Extension/Modification/Addition of Nano Formulas:
    • Extension to the Team Concealment buffs, with the addition of perception.
    Think that covers both of those, been in the wishlist now for some time.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast