Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 18.3 Update Preliminary Notes

The way I interpret it, you can't delete mails with attachments, but the system can, if its too old. That way people don't accidentally hit delete on the wrong mail with 500M or a supple bot attached.

Also, with the whole deleting after timeout thing, I think the purpose is to stop people using mailbox as extra storage on top of inventory/bank, like the good ol' days of reclaim. Thats my guess anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    great s10 change, now we can farm tons of bosses and then spawn them in one chain

aren't they both dropped in elder hall?
    they used to drop there until people complained about getting symbs that were already given in the questline that gave access to the instance now that those alpha symbs are right-clickable to change the unit they're for.
    AO n00b

great update

14 days mail rott timer feels a little short, 30 days would be more tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    wow, good call.

I'd really like to see a new sector open up for 151-180's.

this would be awesome, big bumps.

We just got one for that range called Dark Ruins, no?

and we have LE mish if you want to farm more axp between 150 and 180.

Suppose it might be nice to have an AI specific sector for that range but given all the new content we've recently gotten I'd prefer they continue to focus on bugs and balancing.
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

"LOX instances: Mitaar Hero, Vortexx and Elder Hall no longer require complete LOX mission lines for access."

omg!, finally i can actually make my trader good. this is the smartest change ever =)

Shujiro/Illtradeya/Evilburrito

Quote Originally Posted by Shujiro View Post
    "LOX instances: Mitaar Hero, Vortexx and Elder Hall no longer require complete LOX mission lines for access."

omg!, finally i can actually make my trader good. this is the smartest change ever =)

Shujiro/Illtradeya/Evilburrito
    Although it sucks when the solution to a low population has to be dumbing the game down yet again.

Might aswell delete Neretva area now, if leg still drops in 12man.

Those sector 10 changes are cool but i wish it didnt take you so long that i ve leveled 3 former s10 characters and quit the game.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Those sector 10 changes are cool but i wish it didnt take you so long that i ve leveled 3 former s10 characters and quit the game.
    Sounds cool, but you'll have lots of soloing for patterns as a consequence, making it a solo game again.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

spose unleashing vort and mitaar and 12man to the ppl whenre they dont have to do the quests no more is kinda good and bad at same time

like someone said before it will turn those are'as empty for whom what to go there and chk it out and dont think ive ever seen leg drop in 12 man if it did what was the purpose of doing quest for symb if it drop there part from getting access to vort then doing 12man.

spose other good question about the nerveta canyon is do yea still ned crystal's to get immuned to vort if so ur still gonna need to do at least haf the are'a to get the crystals

and yea the postiveness side to it spose would be u will get action from vort or 12man or mitaar where its normaly a ghost town and yea stuck on lft.

but yea finding out if need crytals would be the biggest question most of al about the change

Will it be possible to send instant mail between characters on the same account?
    For example i have a buffing ring and i want to give it to another toon of mine and i was hoping the mail system would save me the trouble of dual logging to do the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - Right click in friends window when inbox is open to send mail to a friend.
    Anyone else think this is obscure and bad UI design? How about simply adding a "send mail" option to the menu that pops up when you right click a friend, regardless of whether or not the inbox is open?

Woot! But...Did I miss a "Return to Sender" on the mail system?
    Hi, I'm a Ocean - and I'm an AOholic.

Level 220/20 Adventurer - RK 2
    Level 220/23 Doctor - RK 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Sounds cool, but you'll have lots of soloing for patterns as a consequence, making it a solo game again.
    S-10 always been a lotta solo for those who can, to farm nodrops/ICE... this just adds nice extra profit possibility for selling PBs! ^^ Also, makes it so much better to do a boss run in team and guarantee a boss... not just to find a fixer blitzed it.

Actually would say this might promote more s10 teaming, as with a handful of PB patterns complete, I can prolly interest org and friends to form team much more easily! I wonder if each boss will only spawn in its original location, or any boss spawn anywhere...?

s10 a great way for ppl without high level farming ability to make good creds to finance alts... luv the changes!

Blak
    Blakvelvet: 220 MP, Blakpainl: 174 Fixer, Blakheals: 220 Doctor, Blaktank: 150 Enfo

"If you can't laugh at yourself, someone will always be glad to do it for you.." =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbones2 View Post
    We just got one for that range called Dark Ruins, no?

and we have LE mish if you want to farm more axp between 150 and 180.

Suppose it might be nice to have an AI specific sector for that range but given all the new content we've recently gotten I'd prefer they continue to focus on bugs and balancing.
    but aliens is what ppls need at these levels nowadays, xp can get easily at ado/pen/infe and even rk mishes, kites etc etc... but alien exp with165-170 (twinks) are only with cityraids and damn boring le mishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Hopefully, people put on your ignore list cannot send you mail
    Ignore list is client side only, it will have no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    does this mean we will get an auction house next?
    Yes, they will put auction house search terminals around the major cities, and call them Global Market Search.
    Last edited by Eviltrox; Nov 17th, 2009 at 15:12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    Also, per the original post, "Mail can not be deleted unless all attachments are taken." So does this mean that if mail is received with a Unique item that is a lower ql than someone already has, there's no choice but to leave the mail there until it times out?
    I answered my own question. There's a Return To Sender option for messages with items attached.

I'm sorry, but this change is extremely stupid. Just because some players are lazy means they get a free ride out of doing these?

-_-
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Quote Originally Posted by OfabRk2 View Post

I'm sorry, but this change is extremely stupid. Just because some players are lazy means they get a free ride out of doing these?

-_-
    LAWL dude, that's YOU. WTF when did you get 220?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast