Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 18.3 Update Preliminary Notes

- Chain death should now function correctly for Neutral players.
    Dohohohoho!

Well thank you, didn't knew it was broken. Or at least afaik it sent you to Omni 1.

About sending mail, I know it's pretty harsh deletion rules. Maybe moving the items in reclaim might be nice.

About abusing mailboxes, we'll see about that if a few bans for harassement are issued.

In this current form it's pretty great already.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

*Other Changes*

- Mercenary Bosses should no longer summon. Further updates to this area will be in the next update.
    What does this actually mean? I'm not english native so for me it at first reading sounded like there would be no more mercs and so no more HNTAs etc. either, but on the other hand could mean a bunch of other things too (mercs no longer use nanos/no longer gang up on you or...), so someone with more knowledge or insight could perhaps elaborate on this?
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

Hopefully, people put on your ignore list cannot send you mail

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback1979 View Post
    you guys realize that this will result into spamming others mail accounts by some derailed minds?
    Dont be surprise if someones that hates u send 30 monster parts by mail hehe

but then... if backpack cannot be send, how would buying a backpack of goodies from other players? We are back to doing the old fashion way?

too late to ask mail terminals in player city? in HQ or shop
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

OH NOsss

While Arid and Nerveta can be painfully long, don't take away this requirement for access to the Mitaar and Vortexx!! Nerveta will become dead since the leg symp drops in 12 man--though it's not clear if you will still need crystals for Vortexx--but still would make Nerveta obsolete. Can't remember if ear drops in 12 man too but if so patch would make arid simply a farming area.

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    too late to ask mail terminals in player city? in HQ or shop
    Would be nice to add a GMS terminal in Shop too.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    but then... if backpack cannot be send, how would buying a backpack of goodies from other players? We are back to doing the old fashion way?
    Lookat it as a nice convenient way to send single items (and cash) between players; its not intended to completely erase the need for face-to-face transactions, just supplement them.

It was never supposed to replace player trade interactions, in fact I think they are actively discouraging this though fees and time delays.
    Last edited by ironikart; Nov 16th, 2009 at 23:14:28. Reason: jinx my slow post, xxaaaxx55 got there before me

Quote Originally Posted by Haloer View Post
    What does this actually mean? I'm not english native so for me it at first reading sounded like there would be no more mercs and so no more HNTAs etc. either, but on the other hand could mean a bunch of other things too (mercs no longer use nanos/no longer gang up on you or...), so someone with more knowledge or insight could perhaps elaborate on this?
    It means that they can't warp you anymore. This became a problem a few patches back when they "fixed" some game-wide pathing issues. It doesn't solve the problem entirely though, and that's probably what they meant by further changes. Currently mercs can't be pulled outside the arena and have become impossible for froobs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    So what reason is left to do the LoX quests?
    Massive amounts of AXP, some money, some SK, the two beta symbs you ONLY get for completing each one.

BTW, awesome changes for S10, as well as the ability to enter LoX instances without doing mission. That will certainly make more emo's cry over loot selling for my enjoyment.

BTW, mail ... again awesome work ... now I can Xfer stuff between the same account without dualloging.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 16th, 2009 at 23:26:06.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Matammyr View Post
    It means that they can't warp you anymore. This became a problem a few patches back when they "fixed" some game-wide pathing issues. It doesn't solve the problem entirely though, and that's probably what they meant by further changes. Currently mercs can't be pulled outside the arena and have become impossible for froobs to do.
    Merc is a TL5/low TL6 Raid, besides the froobs, I am curious to know how many Full expansion TL5/low TL6 players is needed to do that raid successfully now.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Was hoping to see S10 unlocked to 151-179 but looks like not. Are there any plans of adding a new sector for these?
    wow, good call.

I'd really like to see a new sector open up for 151-180's.

this would be awesome, big bumps

and Thanks for doing hp adjustment, S10 was a big goofy mess.

Merc is a TL5/low TL6 Raid, besides the froobs, I am curious to know how many Full expansion TL5/low TL6 players is needed to do that raid successfully now.
    I brought up a similar point in the 18.2 section. I openly doubt this could have been done by anyone up until LE came out, and outright say it was impossible in the SL (pre AI) era.

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback1979 View Post
    you guys realize that this will result into spamming others mail accounts by some derailed minds?
    Actually, that's something I've wondered about.

Will there be a choice to not receive mail from certain senders? Or to only receive mail from certain senders?

Also, per the original post, "Mail can not be deleted unless all attachments are taken." So does this mean that if mail is received with a Unique item that is a lower ql than someone already has, there's no choice but to leave the mail there until it times out?

EDIT: Forgot to say -- I'm very excited about this!

_
    Last edited by tiralee; Nov 17th, 2009 at 01:27:49.

does this mean we will get an auction house next? i hope they change the reclaim terminal visual to reflect a post box, was that right click friends list target name to send??? or is that when u get to the post box to send.. cause if so thats lazy and i think funcom have bowed down to players alot to make this game easy mode, like items from reclaim, buffing on BS and quests for xan been nerfed etc??.. lol funcom its your game ur vision
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    does this mean that if mail is received with a Unique item, there's no choice but to leave the mail there until it times out?
    Also a good question.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Haloer View Post
    Sounds more like ... you don't need to spawn OTA to give letter to spawn mercs, they are just there for you to pull and kill and probably on some kind of RK boss timer.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    does this mean we will get an auction house next? i hope they change the reclaim terminal visual to reflect a post box, was that right click friends list target name to send??? or is that when u get to the post box to send.. cause if so thats lazy and i think funcom have bowed down to players alot to make this game easy mode, like items from reclaim, buffing on BS and quests for xan been nerfed etc??.. lol funcom its your game ur vision
    You have to click the mail terminal to send mail, not sure about recieving. And the mail terminal looks just the same as reclaim, they just changed the lettering to "Mail".

Exclamation Need clarification on mechanics please

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    *The Mail System*

- Normal mail timeout is 14 days.
    - Any mail that times out will be deleted and items/credits will be lost (will not be reimbursed).
    - Mail can not be deleted unless all attachments are taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sehoron View Post
    The Time Out really does need to have a return to sender on it instead of the mail disapearing. If something happens to a PC i.e. fatal crash it could be a couple of weeks before you're up and running again, or if the reciever has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks which is very common.

Not to mention those of us with multiple accounts.... do we really have to log every alt every few days just incase someones sent something? I know I don't log a few of them for months at a time sometimes based on need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Very good point. I got a lot of characters and so does everyone else. We don't play all our characters every day. I don't want to feel paranoid that something will get lost on one of my chars.

Also, when people take a break from AO or go on vacation, it's usually for more than 2 weeks. I personally don't think it's tolerable that anything gets lost because of this.

Mails should return to sender either in mail or end up in their reclaim terminal. Items being lost is just going to cause grief.
    This confuses me, because the parts in bold and italic contradict each other. Italic says that items included in mail will be lost when mail is deleted due to it timing out. Bold part says that mails with attachments (assuming this means items/creds) cannot be deleted.

How is it then?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast