Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 18.3 Update Preliminary Notes

- Various Reload issues should no longer occur.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    2 questions:

1. What is the limit on how many items you can send per mail?
    2. "COD fee 5%". Does that mean that if you send credits to another player via mail, 5% of whatever amount of credits you send will be lost in the form of a fee?
    1. one item last i checked on test
    2. COD is if you are "selling" something. For instance you sell a symb for 10.000.000 to someone, they pay it up and the system takes a 5% fee, so the amount you get is 9.500.000.
    As for sending pure credits, I don't think there is a % fee for that (beyond the cost of sending it (2k or 200k depending on which you choose) But I never thought to check. I'm sure Means or someone at FC can confirm this, or clarify it better than I ever could
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    So what reason is left to do the LoX quests?
    Symbients, AI XP, Credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    1. one item last i checked on test
    Ah, I see. Then it would be much faster and even easier to dual-log an alt to transfer items between my own chars than using the mail system. 1 minute per item if I need to send a bag full of 14 items to an alt would take 14 minutes (+35 min delivery)

Still, for sending individual or low number of items, credits or just messages, the mail system is very awesome.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Nov 16th, 2009 at 17:41:37.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Ah, I see. Then it would be much faster and even easier to dual-log an alt to transfer items between my own chars than using the mail system. 1 minute per item if I need to send a bag full of 14 items to an alt would take 14 minutes
    Can be useful for posting UNIQUE items to alts for storage, especially where all your dual-loggable alts already have one.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - LOX instances: Mitaar Hero, Vortexx and Elder Hall no longer require complete LOX mission lines for access.
    This has made me happy. My intense anger for the breed perk changes has subsided... for now. >.>;

A very good change considering how hard it is to find teams to do the quests to gain access to these instances.
    Last edited by Raggeh; Nov 16th, 2009 at 17:51:45.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Ah.

So does this mean that if I send an item to you for a price of 100 mil, you have to pay 105 mil to get it while I get 100m back in mail?
    no if you charge 100m you will get 95m back the other 5% is lost

but yeah same idea :P

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    no if you charge 100m you will get 95m back the other 5% is lost

but yeah same idea :P
    Aight!

I'm trying to remember how it worked in WoW. I think it functioned much the same way there.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

**18.3 Preliminary Update Notes**

Froobs can buy sending abilities (one time fee).

Nice, I knew you guys would come up with something clever. .
    The rest is nice too, except express delivery time is imho a bit too long.

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    COD is buying items through mail, dont think u will buy credits for credits )
    CoD - Cash on Delivery...

I don't like not having to do the quest lines to access the Xan top PFs... Bad idea in my opinion, will make it much harder to find teams to do them.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

i'm happy to see Mercs revamp considered ... that epic raid became totally gimp with nowadays 200+ gear.

and Gratz for both longly awaited mail System + reclaim booth recycling !!
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I like this, all of it even
    Oh wait, longer timeout on mails would be nice.

Oh and I hope you added spaces or commas in the mail thingy,
    Counting zeros can be annoying. 50 000 000 > 50000000

Thanks.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

The Time Out really does need to have a return to sender on it instead of the mail disapearing. If something happens to a PC i.e. fatal crash it could be a couple of weeks before you're up and running again, or if the reciever has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks which is very common.

Not to mention those of us with multiple accounts.... do we really have to log every alt every few days just incase someones sent something? I know I don't log a few of them for months at a time sometimes based on need.
    Nesual 220 MA. The Dojo RK2

"Froobs can buy sending abilities (one time fee)"

Any word on how much that will be? Or do we need to wait and look at account pages sometime tomorrow?

As long as it isn't something prohibitive like 100M it shouldnt be a problem, though if its something like 10M or so they might only want to buy mail access on one or two alts

I thought the daily mission system was in this patch, must have misread.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx55 View Post
    As long as it isn't something prohibitive like 100M it shouldnt be a problem, though if its something like 10M or so they might only want to buy mail access on one or two alts

I'm assuming it'll be a real life fee, not ingame credits. Could be wrong though, could also be done using paid points. But as I said, that's a pure guess.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx55 View Post

I think they mean irl money for the one time fee.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Ah.

So does this mean that if I send an item to you for a price of 100 mil, you have to pay 105 mil to get it while I get 100m back in mail?
    That sounds about right yes

Quote Originally Posted by Sehoron View Post
    The Time Out really does need to have a return to sender on it instead of the mail disapearing. If something happens to a PC i.e. fatal crash it could be a couple of weeks before you're up and running again, or if the reciever has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks which is very common.

Not to mention those of us with multiple accounts.... do we really have to log every alt every few days just incase someones sent something? I know I don't log a few of them for months at a time sometimes based on need.
    Very good point. I got a lot of characters and so does everyone else. We don't play all our characters every day. I don't want to feel paranoid that something will get lost on one of my chars.

Also, when people take a break from AO or go on vacation, it's usually for more than 2 weeks. I personally don't think it's tolerable that anything gets lost because of this.

Mails should return to sender either in mail or end up in their reclaim terminal. Items being lost is just going to cause grief.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

- Inbox size is 30 mails. If inbox is full, you can not receive more mail.
    you guys realize that this will result into spamming others mail accounts by some derailed minds?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast