Thread: Deuterium Collector

Deuterium Collector

I am trying to work my way to Pen and need to get a hold of these for the progression quest. Could anyone confirm that these drop off of the Disgusting Parasite? Do they only drop from the "boss mob" Balanoid Bileswarm?

The parasite is soloable for me but not the boss mob. Any info would be appreciated.

they drop form the Disgusting Parasite, I did it a few week ago and it took me a couple of kill for them to drop

Thanks, the farming continues

Only had drops from Balanoid Bileswarm, but one spawns for every disgusting parasite you kill.

Droprate is about 1/5 or so.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

For anyone that embarks on this quest I have an update.

I killed about 50 of the regular mobs "Disgusting Parasite" with nothing but monster parts dropping. With the respawn rate being about 30 min if you dont kill the boss mob this took quite awile. Eventually I got some help to kill the boss mob"Balanoid Bileswarm" and it took about 25 kills to collect my 2 items. I understand that random is random but I am lead to belive that after 75 total "Disgusting Parasite" kills the item is not in there loot table.

Thanks again to Puppetsrus for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by nusteh View Post
    For anyone that embarks on this quest I have an update.

I killed about 50 of the regular mobs "Disgusting Parasite" with nothing but monster parts dropping. With the respawn rate being about 30 min if you dont kill the boss mob this took quite awile. Eventually I got some help to kill the boss mob"Balanoid Bileswarm" and it took about 25 kills to collect my 2 items. I understand that random is random but I am lead to belive that after 75 total "Disgusting Parasite" kills the item is not in there loot table.

Thanks again to Puppetsrus for the help.
    The item drops in Balanoid Bileswarm only... OP already said it >.> Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Ofc its not in Parasites loot table
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I think maybe the area you kill them might matter also, I am pretty sure parasites drop them underwater area near portal from ado where u have to farm fish treats but do not drop from the parasites near the clan lament lagoon underwater statue. Last month I was helping org mate do ado brain and she collected them at the very begining of the quest. Unless that has changed to exclude it from all parasite loot recently? I do not think I had to kill balenoids for it.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Sizzling Synaptid are the mobs you kill for the Xan quest. They look the same but have different names. Killing a Disgusting Parasite will spawn a Balaniod Bileswarm for dropping the Deuterium Collector.

When I started this quest I read somewhere that the Disgusting Parasite had a chance to drop the Collector just at a lower chance. Just about everywhere else I read only mentioned Balanoid dropping the part. Since I was only able to kill Disgusting Parasite on my own, I had hoped others could confirm that they had seen them drop the Collector.

I wouldnt rule out the possibility of Disgusting Parasite dropping the Collector as I had only around 75 kills. Yet if I were to do this quest again I would assume only Balanoid drops the item.

Maybe this clears up some confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I think maybe the area you kill them might matter also, I am pretty sure parasites drop them underwater area near portal from ado where u have to farm fish treats but do not drop from the parasites near the clan lament lagoon underwater statue. Last month I was helping org mate do ado brain and she collected them at the very begining of the quest. Unless that has changed to exclude it from all parasite loot recently? I do not think I had to kill balenoids for it.
    You had to kill balanoids ^^ I'm sure of it. And any balanoid drop it kinda easy.

And also its not a soo freaking hard item to farm due 1 simple reason: Kill parasite - 1 balanoid spawns > kill balanoid - 2 parasites spawns. Endless mobs to farm :P Yes, a calmer is also needed.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by nusteh View Post
    Sizzling Synaptid are the mobs you kill for the Xan quest. They look the same but have different names. Killing a Disgusting Parasite will spawn a Balaniod Bileswarm for dropping the Deuterium Collector.

Maybe this clears up some confusion.
    YES thats it.. been a while since i've done it. Balenoids yes drop it for sure but i'm very positive Parasites do also just at lower rate. Much faster killing balenoids of course for parts.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Done the quest 4-5 times and never seen them drop from any but the boss mob.
    As a side note I can mention that I always farm them on the "bridge" between omni lament lagoon statue and the portal, this so that every time 2 mobs spawn, one falls down and I only have to kill 1 add before i can relog a lowbie to loot.
    They rot damn fast too.