Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 9th, 2009 - Parry and Riposte - Back from the dead!

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    <...>
    Btw, I don't want to insult anyone with this post: I don't think devs play AO
    I LOL'ed.

For all those "gief parry nao", I hope with rebalancing FC will take something back, because all toolset since god knows when was added w/o these feature having effect. Keepers and shades (should be best at it) never had it working, they were put in game a lot after parry removing. Argument about sync and melee range as reason for love doesn't work everywhere. Parry and riposte should hit game together with working fall damage and RK thunders actually killing people.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Could it be that it's PART of the whole balancing update!??!?!?!? Could it?!!=????!?!?!
    I really don't have any confidence in the present team to deal with this balancing thing. Especially when they give advys and enfos parry and riposte I can only /facepalm.

We don't need new stuff, we need the old stuff working. The sooner the better.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

I don't know why you guys are bitchin like little girls... Colin has said very clearly:

I had hopes this week for us being able to share the plans for ALL perks and actions accross all professions this week. Unfortunately it isn't going to happen as we really feel we need to make the ENTIRE plan concerning research, perks, nanos and other changes available at the same time or the changes to perks will only be taken out of context...and a source of MORE questions and argument as opposed to LESS. There are still some details we are fighting about...if we can't agree yet it isn't ready.
    So, instead of just saying "hmm, they are fixing Parry and Riposte.... damn those have been broken forever, about time".... there is whining, and how many posts making the ridiculous claim that the devs don't play AO?... lol!

We've been playing AO as-is for many years guys, hell I remember fall damage, memory leaks up the @ss left and right, more bugs than the entire rainforest... most of us vets just played through it, some left then came back later on when those were fixed.

AO ain't a little dinky MMO with 6-7 skills and 4-5 classes. Over 70 skills, 14 classes.... come on, you know this is going to take some time to work out. Specially since (as far as I am aware) no other Game Director has every actually attempted to balance all the professions.

Colin has done a better job than all his predecessors... all together (sorry Silirrion, but he has).

Let's get excited at the stuff he is generously showing us every week, it's over a year now since he took office, and FWM has brought a lot of info about what the dev team is working on. Let's be patient when he says something is not ready, because you know what?.... if the freaking Game Director says it's not ready... whatever mud and bullcrap you throw at it... won't make things go any faster.

Now... where is my Cult of Means T-Shirt?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I really don't have any confidence in the present team to deal with this balancing thing. Especially when they give advys and enfos parry and riposte I can only /facepalm.

Reminder: /facepalm is in-game thanks to the same dev team you are whining about. Have fun.

Profs have been broken since 2001, I think a few more weeks/months wouldn't hurt as long as the job is done right.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by mereditche View Post
    i really don't have any confidence in the present team to deal with this balancing thing. Especially when they give advys and enfos parry and riposte i can only /facepalm.

qft
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Both Parry and Riposte are broken and both are part of the game, not only do they have numerous buffs spanning multiple professions but they are requirements on a number of weapons. To be honest I applaud Kintaii for not giving up on them and getting them to a state where they could be fixed.
    This...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Oh hai!!

/me passes around muffins to everyone.

You all looked like you could use some muffiny goodness.

Nowhere in anything I have read from Means suggests on any level that Parry/Riposte are the things that are going to be fixed and ef everything else that's broken. Nowhere in anything I have read from Means suggests on any level that they don't care about what else is wrong or that they are making no effort to fix or to do anything else. What I read was "look, we didn't get as far along on the things I thought we would so I can't tell you about those things, but this is what I can share from this week."

Now, lets all go back to eating our muffins and stop acting like our issues are the only ones that should matter.

I mean seriously, I was personally promised* Dancer Cages, yet you don't see me in here whining every 3 seconds that they didn't drop everything to get them in game yet. I mean its been more than a month since DragonCon!!

Mmmmm Muffin.
    I hate muffins.

{removed by Anarrina}

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Reminder: /facepalm is in-game thanks to the same dev team you are whining about. Have fun.
    If balancing act will be done as poorly as that emote, well... :shudders:
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 13th, 2009 at 03:39:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    I hate muffins.

tl;dr
    This sums you up nicely. I bet you can say the same thing about your profession's (MP) description to huh? Would explain why you are so confused on what role and toolset updates they are in need of. You are the same Klod that wants a triple AS tigress and the removal of Pets on MP right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    This sums you up nicely.
    In US of A, maybe.

I bet you can say the same thing about your profession's (MP) description to huh?
    No. Why?

Would explain why you are so confused on what role and toolset updates they are in need of.
    Roles and toolsets can change, as seen in the latest patches.

You are the same Klod that wants a triple AS tigress and the removal of Pets on MP right?
    Yes.

Since they will be so busy repairing parry/riposte, best course of action in balancing MPs would be removal of pets and introduction of, at least, double AS crossbow.

In US of A, maybe.

No. Why?

Roles and toolsets can change, as seen in the latest patches.

Yes.

Since they will be so busy repairing parry/riposte, best course of action in balancing MPs would be removal of pets and introduction of, at least, double AS crossbow.
    Troll
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Troll
    /throws Masta a peanut

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    I am sorry but my quote of who? Which quote?
    I posted the name in my last post, i got the feeling you're just trying to troll now.

here's the name once more - Tanana -
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

... "Had hoped to blah blah blah, but not ready yet, so rather than give you a half formed explanation that will get taken out of context and start flame wars.. We'll hold off for now"..

"oh, and here's a controversial bit of information that can be taken out of context and start a flame war.."

No offence, but sometimes, I swear that the left hand doesn't know what its doing, let alone what the right hand is doing (and no, I dont want to know what the right hand is doing either..)

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    ... "Had hoped to blah blah blah, but not ready yet, so rather than give you a half formed explanation that will get taken out of context and start flame wars.. We'll hold off for now"..

"oh, and here's a controversial bit of information that can be taken out of context and start a flame war.."

No offence, but sometimes, I swear that the left hand doesn't know what its doing, let alone what the right hand is doing (and no, I dont want to know what the right hand is doing either..)
    Mekon, Mekon, Mekon...

You really need to eat the muffin. It will do you a world of good. I promise. Don't believe me? Scroll back some and see the power of the muffin for yourself. Oh I know, perhaps you are not partial to muffin, but you should give this one a try. It's super tasty and good for you too!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post

parry/riposte been ingame since launch

if that doesn't count as old stuff then I dunno what does.

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    parry/riposte been ingame since launch

if that doesn't count as old stuff then I dunno what does.
    Pets have been also. I would rather if they reroute all parry/riposte resources into fixing pets.

Pets have been also. I would rather if they reroute all parry/riposte resources into fixing pets.
    I would rather that you stop trying to push your own agenda and eat the muffin. Sadly, we can't all get what we want.

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

I would rather that you stop trying to push your own agenda and eat the muffin. Sadly, we can't all get what we want.
    Sadly, some are getting all they want.

Sadly, some are getting all they want.
    Yes! I'm getting Dancer Cages because daddy* loves me best! Yay!!

*Sticks toungue out at Klod*

*Fortunately DragonCon 2010 is far enough away that I'm sure that "daddy" comment won't come back to haunt me. *eyes Means nervously*

Member, GSP Dancers

Yes! I'm getting Dancer Cages because daddy* loves me best! Yay!!
    You are aware how awfully wrong this sounds?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast