Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried a full def setup?

Anyone tried a full def setup?

Im been bored recently and am working towards a max def build. Aka ql300 aad left arm, alpha foot and legs, combined with CSS+notucomm+all the huds that add def, maybe mystic shirt too, and maybe even notucomm but that not sure, also Also tl7 towers for more evades, and rings. All this using anger. (though I was thinking of xan rifle too..but not really sure what my AR with the anger will be yet, gonna be about a week before I complete it).

I figured that combined ams V w/ this would be really strong, because I could pop wit when ams runs out. Obviously you lose Atk Rating and basically all your HD from imps, but it's fun to try new things. Was wondering if anyone else has tried it to this extent?

No.

I think a Full Def setup was never ever tried before.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Yes.
    And no im not telling you my setup
    Yes im a bad person
    yes you REALLY have to try it yourself what fits for you.

and yes, it works (for me anyhow)
    -=Sir "Daiken" Beowulff- 220/22/70 Solitus Soldier - RK2 =-
    Proud member of The Pain Dealers Equipment - Classified

Quote Originally Posted by Daiken View Post
    Yes.
    Yes im a bad person

The setup isn't terribly hard to figure out, it's just a bit costly xD. That's the reason I was just proding before I go full force with it.

Quote Originally Posted by panther4 View Post
    The setup isn't terribly hard to figure out, it's just a bit costly xD. That's the reason I was just proding before I go full force with it.
    But but his equipment is classified! You can't know!

Would be fun for PVM I reckon, it will improve your soloing ability though losing HD is a royal pain in the ass...
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

A setup like http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133457 has ~2900 static defense (no towers) for dodge and evade, which seems pretty good considering thats about what most enfs have plus soldiers have reflect. Problem is only ~3200 AR, which causes the other soldiers in the schoolyard to bully you. Would be foolish to use symbs for leg and feet imo since healdelta would be more efficient when getting hit less + you already lost 73 from arm and the duck + dodge sacrifice is pretty small overall.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

i remember a few evade soldiers being around a couple years ago when AR was crap and alternative setups still viable, they did real good vs low-medium AR profs (which back then was pretty much every1 save for enfs and keepers) but times have changed. Nowdays i dont think soldiers can get enough (3.2k+) evades and still maintain their ability to kill stuff

Can reach about 3,3K static Dodge and 3,2K static Close with Towers and Symbs but I wouldn't bet too much about the AR though (3,150 with Towers just for the record).
    Coupled with wit it may become interesting. :P
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Yes.
    Yes im a bad person

i know whut j00r setup is

and it only works with OSBs ;P against people with high AR anyway.

3k def is plenty to make the majority of the population not perk you and miss specials.

3k def is plenty to make the majority of the population not perk you and miss specials.
    exactly, my setup though does allow me to still have 3.2K AR, can still manager enough HPs and base reflects do not suffer.

Duels though, is a no go unless you face someone who is not prepared.

exactly, my setup though does allow me to still have 3.2K AR, can still manager enough HPs and base reflects do not suffer.

Duels though, is a no go unless you face someone who is not prepared.
    also im guessing you dont have 1k agi/sense to swap armours on the go right?

actually im over 1050 sense and 995 agil atm, why?

actually im over 1050 sense and 995 agil atm, why?
    oh ofc cause you gotta use leg+feet symb. My bad.

hmmm...so 3.3 static def+wit=3.6k def ....use MR as well and we got a pretty mean setup

In my book there are 2 types of defense in ao: passive and active

active consisting of heals, coon, high hp, blockers or basically stuff that can be exhausted by ur opponent(s)

passive defenses are ACs, reflects, evades aka stuff that sticks around regardless of the actions of ur opponent(s)

by experience ive found it to be more effective to have one of each kind then 2 of the same, especially if ur dealing with passive abilitys since they diminish eachothers effectiveness (you evade a hit, reflects are wasted etc).. so in short i think a high hp soldier trumps a high evade soldier in almost any situation

I see it different, i hagve high evades if a hit lands after 2 misses it will be less of a hit with reflects

In any case if i adapt my setup in PvM i can OD or stay same rate as any other soldier, i can tank the same mobs and in mass PvP im in the advantige over some profs.

as i always have tried to tell people there is no "this setup is better for everyone because". IMO being different makes you better, but it will ALWAYS depend on your playing style - and what fits for you.

Respect different setups and play in a team together, it will be sure to be allot of fun ^^

evade carebear soldiers inc!!!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Why build an evade setup soldier to help kill toons that are already easy to kill in an AR setup?

Might as well build a setup to defeat your toughest opponents.

In the midst of a zerg I can see the point, but tab 1 2 tab 1 2 isn't really that much fun is it >.<
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

it escapes me why anyone would put a single ip point into evades and loose damage from the shields
    Topaboss 220/30/70 solitus soldier :: equip

your entire sentence escapes me.. :P

I have enough AR to still do the same things a high AR soldier does, at somepoint AR stops being effective and you need to think about survival, NSD anyone?

Point is i like it, it works - so why not if your play style is fitting, if your the kind of player that wants to go headon into every damage and still come out winning, then go for it

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast