Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Application Form

Dear Moderators, please don't lock this thread. It's even funnier being flamed for choosing to remain a Neutral than it is for being a froob, especially as most of the trolls seem convinced that there are only two Factions and my Faction make no difference to the game. It's sort of like "What have the Romans ever done for us?" only they think it's serious. Pure comedy gold. I mean notum. Regards, Cogline.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    "You chose a side and you stick with it!" Fine, fine. Make the Omni/Clan Application Forms usable ONLY by we Neuts then. What? Screams and howls of anguish? Hell, they may already be that way but as I'm Neutral all the way and always have been I wouldn't know.
    Nonsense.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Corneilla View Post
    How about you actually LEARN about the game history before you bigot your way into this thread:
    this is so you don't have to download each one from the OFFICAL AO FunCom site:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22F619A4EC215E8E
    ...But in case you do: http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...template=drill
    Enough with the RP shizzle please?
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Open access to side change would result in flip-flopping within the factions.
    I'm very confused: why this would be an issue for going back to neutral and not for changing between Clan and Omni directly... If anything it should be the other way around. Also, giving it a really long side lock would be an easy way to fix this issue.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

I'd be fine with making "change to neutral" have a 2-year lockout on changing sides again. Or make it the result of a very long, complex and grind-like quest - but one that froobs can do too, ofc.

How about a quest line for the ICC, involving a couple week's worth of running around doing random annoying assignments before you're allowed to change? Bet that'd stop any flip-flopping.

Also, plenty of clan/omni players flip-flop between factions already.

If we can't change back to Neutral, ever, than make Clan and Omni unable to change their own sides as well. They chose their side, they have to live with it as we do. And make Neutrals unable to go sided past 200, again. Fair is fair.
    Last edited by Kiwifruits; Nov 18th, 2011 at 14:14:20.

Lindelu - pretty please, can we have these? <pleading look>

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    It's still Means in control till end this year.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    It's still Means in control till end this year.
    I'll ask again in January then

Quote Originally Posted by howlin View Post
    Enough with the RP shizzle please?

Hmm, I swore this game was MMORPG......~_~'''
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

if mom wont let you have a cookie, go ask dad (switching gender in this case i guess)
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Also, plenty of clan/omni players flip-flop between factions already.
    And this is one of the reasons I'm glad there are no neutral application forms. Self-quoting is so gauche, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    ...at least there is still one thing in this game that has lasting consequences.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    And this is one of the reasons I'm glad there are no neutral application forms. Self-quoting is so gauche, but:
    All right, so lets make it so NO person can change sides. That would be fine, too. But it's just stupid to single out Neuts as the ONLY side that cannot gain new members via the side-change dynamic.

I feel ya, Kiwi, I really do. If you should decide to reroll those sided toons, the DoRKs and any of my neut toons will be happy to level with you.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Ghosts of Atlantean

i might be a troll

It's the thing I never got about the Omni/Clan forms. Omni are The Company. Clans hate The Company. Change sides once and maybe you'd get away with it. Change again (back) and you *might* convince people you were a double agent. But after that you're a turncoat and a traitor and you'd be executed surely? At the very least neither side would ever trust you again. Maybe there's the mechanism - Three Strikes And You're Out. Your only option is to join us weapon smuggling, blockade running, self serving Neutrals since nobody trusts us anyway. And with good reason. Heh heh.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

There should be forms to switch sides up until level 150 or so. If you've made it that far and still can't make your mind up, sorry too late. And an "I quit." form sounds appropriate for changing to neutral yes. But I don't think there should be an option to switch sides AT ALL after level 150.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Time for another bump

---- Free BAMP ----
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

Thumbs up GREAT IDEA, This would start on track with game story!!!

I like this idea, and the people who are not really playing this as an MMORPG and are saying this is a bad idea must not really pay attention when they play, like the story lines for the quests they do and things like that. I just you just look up guides, and easy ways to get around them, then to actually "PLAY" the game. But I bet that if you played games on a console you follow the stories there, so why not here? I mean come on, fair is fair and I think there should be some kind of level playing field. If you cant go neut like Kiwifruits said, then no one should really be able to chance sides at all...I do know there are some games that when you pick a side its engraved in stone and your set through the entire game like that. If you have a choice to go different paths I think it should be allowed for ever side.

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssInchainsHrt View Post
    If you cant go neut like Kiwifruits said, then no one should really be able to chance sides at all...I do know there are some games that when you pick a side its engraved in stone and your set through the entire game like that.
    Now we're getting some sensible ideas up in here! No side change ever. Love it.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Ghosts of Atlantean

i might be a troll

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast