Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New (main) pet

Can we split this derail out of the thread and stick with the pets?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I'm perfectly aware of this fact and know very well that Metaing and likley also Means have read these, the bigger problem lies in the silence on their end, as percieved by us.
    It's not just a question of NDA. It's also just a general tendency that has always been in place with FC on avoiding making open statements to players regarding details of change - particularly when relating to a single profession - other than through patch notes.

Reasons for this are fairly straight-forward. Getting into discussions about the details have often tended to lead more to player anger and dissatisfaction where there are disagreements. The level of work needed from the devs when trying to communicate at this level of detail ended up being quite heavy in terms of time. And by raising expectations about communicating at detail level for a profession... the player base tends to expect that level of communication across all professions and all changes, which is something that isn't supportable for FC.

I don't agree with all of these thoughts, especially when I was a professional - but I can understand the point of view and did see some of the history that contributed to the approach.

Metaing has been very unusual in terms of his approachability and response level to professionals, usually through discussions on test, which has allowed the professionals some extra insight into potential change when he's been involved with it. But the broader question of communicating detail of changes on a large scale to the player base is still difficult it seems.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yeah, lots of buff machines go to 220/20+. That 8 hour CM is really worth it.

And I'm sure there's absolutely no buff machine crats.
    Believe me or not, they're retired or stripped or everything else, frustrated or looking for something new.. you can't imagine how it's empty withou Klod and Schar running around.

And about crat, this is what I exactly wanted you to say, because they're all pvping lol. In BS I'm hearing complains from most of profs about MPs not existing anymore because they need CM in BS, while facing 3 4 crats daily.

That is all for the derailing.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Would it even be possible to align a pet to his master ?

Or would FC need to make a nano that checks ur skills ?

Require:

Body Dev
    evade clsc

Effect:
    If 5 Body dev
    If trox 20 hp
    If solitus 15 hp
    If Opi 15 hp
    If NM 10 hp

If 500 Body dev
    If trox 2000 hp
    If solitus 1500 hp
    If Opi 1500 hp
    If NM 1000 hp

if 5 evade clsc
    5 evade clsc

if 500 evade clsc
    500 evade clsc

Prolly very poorly formulated but i think ull get my point
    /discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Would it even be possible to align a pet to his master ?
    It is possible to carry player stats over to pets. There's a few problems with it however.

1. Pet's (and mobs) dont use the same stats as players. If you carry the stats over from players to pets, you end up with very very skewed numbers. Crat pets would be darn near invincible, while MP pets would have pretty decent defense, and engies would be crying in a corner. Crats get lots of AAD, MP's a decent amount, and engies relatively little.
    2. Pet's stats are not the same as player stats. For example Rihwen has approx 900 AAD as seen by a player (in other words a player would have about 900 evades+AAD to evade as much as Rihwen does), but he's not perkable by 1k AR (according to several people here, I haven't tested that myself). That tells me that pet/mob defense != player defense, you might need 2x as much pet defense to equal player defense. We don't know what that number is however.
    3. Pets would be hugely effected by setups if you carried those numbers over. Imagine an MP throwing up SS and putting on SoZ and the defensive HUD item, pulling pets, then swapping back to Tigress and crit scope.

Or would FC need to make a nano that checks ur skills ?

Require:

Body Dev
    evade clsc

Effect:
    If 5 Body dev
    If trox 20 hp
    If solitus 15 hp
    If Opi 15 hp
    If NM 10 hp

If 500 Body dev
    If trox 2000 hp
    If solitus 1500 hp
    If Opi 1500 hp
    If NM 1000 hp

if 5 evade clsc
    5 evade clsc

if 500 evade clsc
    500 evade clsc

Prolly very poorly formulated but i think ull get my point
    /discuss
    Again you run into the problems mentioned above, unless you have it short duration.

Additionally pets do not use evades or weaponskills at all. They are pure AAD/AAO.

Pets/mobs use:
    AAO
    AAD
    HP
    Nano Pool
    Nanoskills
    Nano resist (haven't tested this)
    AC's

As far as I can remember those are the only 7 stats they use.

I think it would be more useful and pointed to have certain aspects of a pet be determined by certain nanoskills in a pet type of what we're thinking of here. Trying to scale the pet to master would either wind up with an OP pet or exceptionally weak one (if it got our attack rating, which is laughable except for creation weaponry) unless you tie to nanoskills in some way, say have AR be tied to (not equivalent to) MC, while HP is related to BM, etc.

This would allow for more specialization at lower levels (assuming that the nano is a low level scaling nano, you could just go all out MC and have a really high AR pet at expense of almost everything else, for example.) as well as allow for more flexibility through other title levels until TL7, where it can be safely assumed that you're pushing for as much as you feel you need out of the pet.

Adding scaling to a number higher than what we have access to readily now, I'd say 5k for both longevity and planning ahead so we won't have to come BACK here again in 6 months wondering why our profession is broken again. The only real problem is having the skills of the caster properly balance with the skills that the pet would wind up having, since a straight skill conversion wouldn't work too well at endgame but would be useful prior to that (in fact, it would be useful mostly until TL 5, compared to the laughable AR posted for Cacodemon and TEP you'd have access to at those points in time.)

The one thing to remember about pet defense and pvp is that if the pet is too tough to kill quickly, the opponent will simply move to it's master, and this is proven rather quickly with Whiner's too-high-to-alpha HP, which gives even more reason to having the pet nano have different scales for different nanoskill-to-pet conversions, especially if the AAD rating of the pet is correct (and that needs serious testing to be sure).

That probably would be the best bet to a scaling pet and having it benefit MPs who pushed nanoskills to even greater heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    That probably would be the best bet to a scaling pet and having it benefit MPs who pushed nanoskills to even greater heights.
    That is how the whole pet system should be IMO, one nano for each pet type, several different pets according to your nano skills, getting a bit more powerful each 10 points or so. Put a few caps here and there and make a too powerful demon to kill it's master

Like, aren't MP's supposed to channel some mystical spiritual forces through them to bring forth powerful demons and manifestations and stuff, yet everything comes in handy flasks you buy from a shop terminal?
    Last edited by mes; Apr 9th, 2009 at 18:07:46.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by mes View Post
    Like, aren't MP's supposed to channel some mystical spiritual forces through them to bring forth powerful demons and manifestations and stuff, yet everything comes in handy flasks you buy from a shop terminal?
    Speaking from an RP perspective, the nano formula is simply an instruction manual or a guide. Think of it like a blueprint.

The pet is formed by the Meta Physicist manifesting their emotions to actually create the pet.

It's something like building a house. An architect can give you the blueprints, but that doesn't create the house. You still have to supply the raw materials to build it.

I see Ebag, so it would have to be in proportion with our AAD

And the differense with ur idea Dance is that u focus it all on the casting skills.

Darn u now ill have to reroll NM ;P

What that does however make up for is that metaphysicists, and i dont mean the toons but the players, will have to find the midway of weapons vs petimprovement, at what point will getting more nanoskills no longer weigh up against putting on good weapons

It wouldnt be much good for a trox like me but i like the idea anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The pet is formed by the Meta Physicist manifesting their emotions to actually create the pet.
    I'm like ultra pissed about the 12 man instance, WTB artillery commander pet.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Anansi ? Why ? He looks like a rasta with his dreadlocks or even a hippy if u wanna see it as a mohawk..

Gief us this or this or even this
    Last edited by Metafly7; Apr 11th, 2009 at 10:46:50.

Actually, the mortiig is fine, but in another color it would be cool =p
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

I'll take succubus or incubus from AoC, thank you.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by flynicist View Post
    actually, the mortiig is fine, but in another color it would be cool =p

pink!!!
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Anansi ? Why ? He looks like a rasta with his dreadlocks or even a hippy if u wanna see it as a mohawk..

Gief us this or this or even this
    Anansi's Right Hand pwnt you silly for over 10k of omgwtfbbq of damage. The huge size and wtf factor don't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The huge size and wtf factor don't hurt.
    I would think that the huge size would wreak havoc on pet pathing.

Plus damage would have to be modified to fit in ur pet, Anansi would loose credibility, and hed have to be small or ur not even allowed to show up for beast :P

That last picture (demon with lightning) looks cool tbh tho, the more i think about it the more it appeals. Now we already have something looking like it since we own demons but the add on of using lightning to strike ur opponent is cool, make sparks fly of our pets. Like NTs have fancy nukes our pets should dazzle our opponents

Since it's been a while since I last laid eyes on Anansi's Hands, I'm probably underestimating their size by a fair bit.

At any rate, once upon a time Anansi's hands were actually soloable until they came out with the inferno questline, then they decided that for whatever reason, they needed to pump up both hands with rabies and steroids until they reached their peak of pwnage.

whats up with these low hp suggestions

do people want pet to get insta alphaed in pvp???
    even with short cast time its a major pain in ass to rebuff gimp

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast