Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expansion Concept: Andromeda Discovered

Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    Umm, wrong? Canis Major Dwarf galaxy is the closest one (about 4x closer than the Magellanic cloud which in turn is almost 16x closer than Andromeda). Just to clear up your facts.
    So you can google. Way to go?

Since you wish to nit-pick allow me to clarify. It's the closest spiral galaxy to us.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    So you can google. Way to go?
    Actually I was one of the "unfortunate" sobs to learn such things in a university. Thank you for your care though.

If you want me to comment on your idea: it's unrealistic that anything on this scale will ever happen to AO. Besides I kind of agree with ArienSky, AO should be about RK (yeah, I don't like SL either).
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Hmm so Clan is gonna work together with Omni on the transporter or does Omni allow Clan to use it?

Whats going to be on the new planet and does it have a name?

I know people do it in real life too, but shouldnt the outzones of Rubi-Ka first be made hospitable, before the frontiers of outer space are further explored? Mind u Rubi-Ka is already a discovered planet. When u first made ur toon u came from space and crashlanded on noob island.

The DB quest and Xan expansion both talk about outzones, and even the map of RK shows places already excistant but not yet reachable. To me it would make much more sense if those get discovered.

Appart from all the critisism, it looks like uve really thought it through for most of it. And the suggestion itself is very good. And the names in the story are very very cool. Dont know where u get them from but maybe from the AO Story PDF file?

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Hmm so Clan is gonna work together with Omni on the transporter or does Omni allow Clan to use it?
    The way I would see it being would be that Omni-Tek Creates it and because the aid is needed, allows the Clans and Neutrals to use it. Much the same way the Unicorn Outpost was built by Omni-Tek but allows everyone access to it because of the larger threat.

Whats going to be on the new planet and does it have a name?
    I haven't put that much thought into it yet, but I'm hoping to get down to that level of detail at some point.

I know people do it in real life too, but shouldnt the outzones of Rubi-Ka first be made hospitable, before the frontiers of outer space are further explored? Mind u Rubi-Ka is already a discovered planet. When u first made ur toon u came from space and crashlanded on noob island.
    I agree, more effort should be put on the ongoing terraforming on Rubi-Ka. There has been 8 years of terraforming yet next to no results from it.

I disagree that we should terraform the entire planet before continuing our exploration for two reasons which I will explain with the following example:

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Humans have only explored 5% of the Earth's Oceans. I don't think that's cause to not explore the Moon, or Mars. Also, two different groups would do such explorations so they are not bound at the hip to one another.

The DB quest and Xan expansion both talk about outzones, and even the map of RK shows places already excistant but not yet reachable. To me it would make much more sense if those get discovered.
    Storyline wise, they are already discovered. Gameplay wise, they just were never created. I do agree though that all of the original RK Zones should be opened up as it would increase Froob Content. I do not feel that these originally intended zones should be opened up as part of a paid expansion.

Appart from all the critisism, it looks like uve really thought it through for most of it. And the suggestion itself is very good. And the names in the story are very very cool. Dont know where u get them from but maybe from the AO Story PDF file?
    Thank you.

A few of the name I have made up. But most of them, such as Sol Banking, Planet Name, Galaxy Names and the Battleship OTS Constanople all come from information gathered from FunCom and ARK.

interesting...the concept has potential, and it's more sci fi than the shadowlands concept.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

For an RPer, you're also neglecting the fact hyperspace travel voids insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    For an RPer, you're also neglecting the fact hyperspace travel voids insurance.
    I figured if these other worlds contained notum and had access to 'Sources' they would at least have insurance on their home world, and if an advanced human race had unrestricted access to a source to develop insurance they may have been able to overcome the limitation of being strictly bound to one planet.

Perhaps like some kind of Cylon resurrection Hub, or something, hehe.

I like your expansion concept. But i would love to see something about the cyborgs on rubi ka. They seem to be forgotten and i wonder what they have been up to these past years.

I posted some stuff on that topic here. If you have anything to add there it would be helpful.

We still have things to explore in our vicinity. When you are doing DB quest part 2, you are told that they are hidden and forbidden places on the other side of Rubi-Ka. It is very plausible that it is Xan related (as peacekeeper suggests) and it is not a part of LoX (since it is next to alien zones).

I'd rather see a deeper exploration of Rubi Ka following an authorization from the ICC. I don't think that Area X (The end of the world) was the final plan of the DustBrigade.

We could see a new expansion based on the Unicorns, Xan and dustbrigade, and the secrets of Rubi-Ka.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12