Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: /pet attack

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    how hard it is to have one QA dude take few pets before the patch and spend 5 minutes seeing if everything works?
    One wouldnt be enough since it doesnt seem to happen in solo inf mish's, or if it does then i have not been able to reproduce it.

Also as was mentioned above, its been known about for a while and at one point seemed to go away, then it came back and then it went away again..

Since no changes at all to pet code have been made in this patch cycle, there is no immediately obvious reason why its happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Beammaster View Post
    Who thinks about trying out pets before a launch like this when pets worked perfectly before the booster, and there has been no work on them whatsoever in this process....
    Yes, exactly, no one thinks about pets or cares about pet users, so now hundreds of subscribers can barely play the game.

Given that Funcom's written history of after-patch pet breaking would be propably longer then Encyclopedia Brittanica, perhaps someone should be responsible enough to spend some time checking if history didnt repeat itself once again. I rest my case.

On topic:

- i didn't notice anything on Battlestation, on either 220 Crat or 220 Enginer
    - i didn't notice anything in open playfields, on either.
    - so far it only happened to my Engineer in Inferno team mission. I did 3 or 4 of them, it happened all the time, there was a 220 Crat in team and he was also complaining

OK, I've noticed it a lot of different places now. It's happened to me in BS countless times tonight and even in a duel outside BS. Getting rather annoying, I must say.

Yes, every single inferno mission...

I'm TL5 so still using Director-Grade Bod., my charm isin't affected by this bug, only the bot.

Any news when this will be fixed? I swar i'll demand a refund for all those hair i'm pulling out because of this bug.

happening to me(Crat) with bot in Inf missions too. I've only noticed it since the patch ( I don't have the booster)

ok, im playing with ingf mish's and bug hunters now, what I need to know is
    A.) how many of you engies are using the zombie doggy.
    and
    B.) what pets are you crats finding this happens with and where teamed with an engie at the time?
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

I've just made a new crat toon & noticed the same problems in the subway with a lvl 18 bot, charm isn't affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    ok, im playing with ingf mish's and bug hunters now, what I need to know is
    A.) how many of you engies are using the zombie doggy.
    and
    B.) what pets are you crats finding this happens with and where teamed with an engie at the time?
    I have the zombie, but its not just dog, both pets do it.

I teamed with 220 Crat , he used Carlo and the 215 pet, and complained about the same problems, no idea with which pets or if with both.

Well im fairly sure we know whats doing it now, we just dont know why.
    But then thats not my problem, i just have a frickin huge bug report to write, (thanx for that by the way SQ) figuring out the "why" thats someone else's problem
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Carlo and CEO Guardian.

Either unteamed or not teamed with an Engi.

Had it happen in Inf mission and Xan PF.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Engi slayer. In Sect10 and ship raids.
    Before the booster. Randomly, whether teamed or solo.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

My 217 Slayer and Zombie Dog. Open PFs (the LoX ones in particular). It happens if I'm teamed, unteamed, in the instance, outside the instance, when I use /attack and when I use /follow. Randomly. Certain mobs appear to make it occur more often than others (Dust Brigade Drone Embankments and Alien Scoutships for example).

I saw an MP team mate's attack pet kill his own mezz and healpets in an Inf Mish (no he wasn't flagged).

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

what i noticed in pen and inf mishes was that /pet attack would toggle the attack mode of the pet.

So if one was attacking and another not (for whatever reasons) the macro /pet attack %t woul result in the original fighting pet retreating and the other one attacking.

This was NOT the case on BS.

210 engi ....

Charm broken too :/

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    This is actually a known bug, it keeps getting fixed then broken again by the system...

Current work around is do Pet wait, then Pet attack, this will make them reset and then attack.

/macro wait /pet wait

/macro Attack /Pet Attack
    macro att /pet behind \n /pet attack
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Extended location information:
    - 471.6, 616.8, 16.9 (471.6 616.8 y 16.9 6012)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:6012 GS=0 SG=0 R=6012, resource: 6012
    - zone: 536, area: "Neretva Canyons"
    Server id: 3227, character id: 50000:842055248, time: 2009-02-25 23:55:51 (UTC)
    Version: 18.0.0_EP1, map id: 18.0.0.16_18.02.2009_18.33.35, build: 47619.

It seems it started doing this on my idiot greybie engineer (lvl 50). At the moment, it happened only in indoor areas like the 2 dungeons from the crippler cave in Nascense. I only was in team with an MP friend, trader and another engineer. It happened with all the store-buyable guardbots.

What I have noticed is that it only occurred when using the macros from my hotbar. If I'd use the attack button from the /open pet interface, it would work flawlessly.

I'll need to get home and will get some positions and more details on how they behave.

Also, one of the problems I've had some 9-10 months ago was with my former engineer was on the mortiig hill in Eastfang when you would get a lot of aggro spam. Pets would become unresponsive or the macro/button commands would take some 30-40 seconds until they went through. I remember it was fixed some while ago. I really am curious if this happens too now.

I see the bug has been well reported, but mainly i see 220 reports on this. My crat is only 173 now, and first time I noticed this was with the regular 200 pet and a charmed vortexoid. Even on /follow or /behind, the vortexoid would just take off into rooms we had not yet been in, and the crat pet would just stand there. I did notice this "toggle" effect, so I was able to control the crat pet just fine, but the vort would not listen to me. I tried to pull it off one mob to another, it would change target, but change back to the first mob before even hitting the other one. Is this intentional because of some "nature of the beast" thing, or is this new?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckxterminate View Post
    I see the bug has been well reported, but mainly i see 220 reports on this. My crat is only 173 now, and first time I noticed this was with the regular 200 pet and a charmed vortexoid. Even on /follow or /behind, the vortexoid would just take off into rooms we had not yet been in, and the crat pet would just stand there. I did notice this "toggle" effect, so I was able to control the crat pet just fine, but the vort would not listen to me. I tried to pull it off one mob to another, it would change target, but change back to the first mob before even hitting the other one. Is this intentional because of some "nature of the beast" thing, or is this new?
    Exactly this happened to me today in a Pen mission on my 202 crat. My charmed pet would not stop attacking a mob after spamming
    /follow, /behind and also /attack on the mob I was actually fighting.

The issues with bot not listening mentioned by the others in this thread happens to me from time to time in Pen/Inf missions, but this one was new.
    Spaltazar (220 / 28) Enforcer
    Spaltacrat (220 / 30) Bureaucrat (e)
    Sugarmama (220 / 24) Adventurer
    Engintonic (220 / 30) Engineer
    Resept (220 / 30) Doctor
    -- Proud General of Ancarim Iron Legion --

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast