Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.0 - Legacy Of The Xan - Update release notes

This is for you Madird

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...atus&action=go

To bad i will not join you tonight mad, hope i will get a chanse tomorrow though
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    l2r.
    It's very clear he was referring to the current 18.0 patch. Means said it won't get fixed until the next version (most likely referring to part 2 of the booster - 12 man raid).

The current 18.0 patch, as we know it, has Form of Risan not stacking with RI and it also has the -RS debuff.

Maybe follow your own advice of 'l2r'?

Just a precaution: FC can upload a different version of the update until the servers actually go back live, and in that case you will have to reinstall the game from scratch (and download allot more updates too).
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

AO is back online!

Arrrghh!!!!
    -outdated-
    Belven 220/19 fix < kinda retired
    Ishtardiya 220/24 crat < main dd setup
    Maryska 215/9 sold < boooooooring
    Yarpen 213/8 eng < ts hoe
    Trammy 165/3 nt < kiter
    Mangolia 167/6 nano enf
    Katchem 72/0 neut shade < phun, one day, i guess
    Zuoo 99/x neut doc

no longer playing

Go Goooo Gadget Patcher!!
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

yay! "hover" "hover" "hover"

Anyone else getting an error regarding CharPrefs.xml?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    [*]Form Of Risan should now correctly require SI/PM and no longer has an associated runspeed debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The runspeed debuff is removed in the next version. Apparently it "almost" made it.

At least we are clear on the future of this nano. Sorry for the confusion.
    When is that patch going to hit live ? Why did the nano get moved to a different nanoline (strain) ?
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Anyone else getting an error regarding CharPrefs.xml?
    Yes, i had this, reinstalled the clean gui from the 17.10 update forums and it seemed to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny-D View Post
    Yes, i had this, reinstalled the clean gui from the 17.10 update forums and it seemed to fix it
    Yeah I found that, thanks.

Now it seems to have forgotten my gui preferences and my login name history. Anyone know where these are stored so I can restore from backup?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Patching AO under linux using the old linux compliant patcher.exe... Praying for next step!

edit: im ingame!
    Last edited by Tamalou; Feb 19th, 2009 at 18:54:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamalou View Post
    Patching AO under linux using the old linux compliant patcher.exe... Praying for next step!

edit: im ingame!
    feels like im the only one still trying this, and im on my fift attempt =/

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...atus&action=go

To bad i will not join you tonight mad, hope i will get a chanse tomorrow though
    Damnit Tonb! Let's zerg tomorrow night then.
    Almadena

Bleh, back to using RI again i guess.
    Btw: "Lady of pride Quality level 299 Used in 1 different processes"

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. (RE: -Lady- of Pride.)

Sword of Dusk also has a tradeskill available. Dunno if these are old though. But seems like new weps are ingame.

so,both Lady and Lord version would get a Xan weapon?

I know some people have been a bit unhappy ... but I'm pleasantly surprised by the content. On my fixer anyway. My doc feels like there could have been a little more need for healing in the new lower instances BUT that just gives me a reason to not spend much time in there on the Doc and I'm ok with that.

But ... overall ... there is a fair amount of things to do solo while being enough incentive to team that you get teams, too. It seems a pretty good balance between the two. And that is saying a LOT compared to some other areas of AO (RK missions for tokens = solo for weeks ... SL missions for SK = teaming only for months ... LE = soloable but requires a team to pull the mission).

I was averaging around 120K AXP/hour in LE solo 219 easy missions on my fixer (rooting the high HP mobs and just cherry picking the old AI mobs). I did at least 175K/hour inside the new alien areas and I'm pretty sure I broke 200K/hour. Purely solo. Yet was able to bump it higher with team. Perfect.

I still want my doggone NCU upgrades (see sig) ... we really didn't need more abilities/weapon skills on NCUs ... but the gameplay so far has been quite good. Looking forward to the 12-person instances soon.

I haven't done all the missions by any means, so maybe I'm just missing something that totally blows, but so far (as BBEdit would say), "it doesn't suck".

Thanks
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Feb 20th, 2009 at 01:49:51.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    I know some people have been a bit unhappy ... but I'm pleasantly surprised by the content. On my fixer anyway. My doc feels like there could have been a little more need for healing in the new lower instances BUT that just gives me a reason to not spend much time in there on the Doc and I'm ok with that.

But ... overall ... there is a fair amount of things to do solo while being enough incentive to team that you get teams, too. It seems a pretty good balance between the two. And that is saying a LOT compared to some other areas of AO (RK missions for tokens = solo for weeks ... SL missions for SK = teaming only for months ... LE = soloable but requires a team to pull the mission).

I was averaging around 120K AXP/hour in LE solo 219 easy missions on my fixer (rooting the high HP mobs and just cherry picking the old AI mobs). I did at least 175K/hour inside the new alien areas and I'm pretty sure I broke 200K/hour. Purely solo. Yet was able to bump it higher with team. Perfect.

I still want my doggone NCU upgrades (see sig) ... we really didn't need more abilities/weapon skills on NCUs ... but the gameplay so far has been quite good. Looking forward to the 12-person instances soon.

I haven't done all the missions by any means, so maybe I'm just missing something that totally blows, but so far (as BBEdit would say), "it doesn't suck".

Thanks
    QFT.

Though I haven't checked out the AI content yet I just got my Neverta key. My -only- complaint is that god damn maze with the 6 terminals to tag...but you can't please everyone.

Good job so far.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast