Thread: Automatic report system - credit spam

Automatic report system - credit spam

How about making a system where it takes only 3 people to write /report "Name" to shut off the ability of a credit spammer to talk in public channels. (account wide)

Abuse of this system would lead to temporary bans of the ones abusing it.

3 is too open to abuse imo
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

50 then? btw nice "agro" on ct the other evening
    woofwoof!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroba View Post
    50 then? btw nice "agro" on ct the other evening
    thanks
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    3 is too open to abuse imo
    Prohibit froob accounts from using the system and punish all abuse. 3-5 should be enough! if only paid accounts can use it and they actually give you a couple of days ban for abuse then there shouldnt be any problem.

Atleast if they make an easy way of letting ARKs and GMs check what has been said.

What if it was like 3x same message = thrown out to only vicinity for a while?
    And make it so it was 3 messages from same toon, w/e channel the message you posted in.

Here's the scenario I imagine:

[Neutral Newbie OOC] Randomtoon: Click here to get rich!

*3 Random new people push the script*

/report Othertoon is credit spamming, etc etc.

/lolbanmode
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Opps my bad.
    Last edited by Scrubby; Jan 5th, 2009 at 05:16:48.
    /disco

OP said something about getting blocked from chat not banned.

Still, anything automatically usable is automatically abusable.

None of you have ever played an online FPS where the game is either free, or there is something about the server that draws a disproportionate amount of dumb**** youngass teenagers and kids?

One person starts a ban/mute whatever, their friends jump on for solidarity, and the rest make it happen purely to be irritating. There probably isnt even a reason that started it off in the first place.

AO has a lot of retarded kids due to its free component.

The best solution is blocking all shopping traffic until a certain level. The downside is bankies will need to level up.

The other downside is a credit seller (assuming one company just has one guy at any given time) would multi-log, level up a collection of spammers into the appropriate range, and then when one is gone - several more are ready.

So it wont really fix anything. It might slow it down slightly.

A solution in my mind? Utilise nocredspam. Ie, arks officially periodically check that bot. It makes the occasional error, but by and large its right on the money. All they need to do is send it a tell and it'll let them know whos spamming. They can then ban/mute these proven individuals. Or better yet. Say, AO approached Xyphos for a copy (or makes their own.) To manage it that way. A bot much like Xyphos's creation, except the toon has GM powers and automatically takes care of it when it detects the same like.. 20 times or so. Theres precedent. IRRK newswire is supposedly a modified IGN bot.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Jan 4th, 2009 at 23:50:15.

Get ignore working properly for a start, and give us an option to ignore anything with a set phrase(we set it for ourselves) in it.

E.g

/phraseignore "www.insertmaincredsellerwebsite.com"

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    None of you have ever played an online FPS where the game is either free, or there is something about the server that draws a disproportionate amount of dumb**** youngass teenagers and kids?

One person starts a ban/mute whatever, their friends jump on for solidarity, and the rest make it happen purely to be irritating. There probably isnt even a reason that started it off in the first place.
    Been there. Saw that a lot in BF 2142: "Omg he knifed me and I'm so uber it must be hacks, ban him ban him" and then proceed to spam the "Vote to kick xxxx" function even if he's the only vote outa 30 people in a match and it's the 20th time he got killed and tried to kick the guy.
    Last edited by Ayria; Jan 5th, 2009 at 03:41:15.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

see my sig, written in yellow.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Crat360 View Post
    Get ignore working properly for a start, and give us an option to ignore anything with a set phrase(we set it for ourselves) in it.

E.g

/phraseignore "www.insertmaincredsellerwebsite.com"
    Sounds nice
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Well it turns out that the sad sad person spamming creds for sale, actualy sits at his machine, after around 10mins of training rollerrats on him in bor (shame chain death doesn't work for neutrals) he started to run away from me and them .
    No more dead cred seller. But hey he stopped spamming for 5mins while hidding somewhere, then it started again