Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froob only BS

Froob only BS

Heyas,

i'd like to have a froob only battlestation.

Thing is, joining on a current BS makes you an expert on how the decontamination room looks like. Cannonfodder FTL

A froob only variant wont affect the current BS fun for paying members.

Please, FC, consider it...

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

No. Paying accounts offer extra lubs for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Heyas,

i'd like to have a froob only battlestation.

Thing is, joining on a current BS makes you an expert on how the decontamination room looks like. Cannonfodder FTL

A froob only variant wont affect the current BS fun for paying members.

Please, FC, consider it...

regards
    /Z

You can't afford 15 dollars a month or less?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemica View Post
    No. Paying accounts offer extra lubs for a reason.
    Am I the only one who read that as "lube"?

Hecklers do start to chafe after a while.

Just pick a BS other than 150-174 or 210+ & you'd basically have your request granted without any effort needed by Funcom.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Ive seens few froobs doing ok at tl5 BS. Maybe they couldnt run around anihilating 5 VP hungry nabs at one time just like paid twinks do but they certanly didnt spend their time in decon room.

My suggestion would be: pimp up your equip, then make some friends (especially AS using friends), make a team with them and use assist.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Heyas,

thanks for your insightful comments all. As you may see by my signature, i am

a) a paying customer (playing a shade atm),
    b) founder of tl5+ (a froob only raid force on rimor) thats why i am asking for it.

So far the flames aren't hot enough, so i still bump this one. Paying customers wont have a disadvantage, PvP experience for froobs will be levelled out a bit. As far as my technical knowledge goes, battle station is instanced, so simply make a checkbox at the signup terminal to choose "Froob", "SL only", "Full subscriber".

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

No time needs to be wasted to fix something for froobs.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Heyas,

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_one
    No time needs to be wasted to fix something for froobs.
    there aint nothing broken, so no need to "fix" something. If you have read my post, its an extension to the current battle station sign-up process.
    If you have something to contribute to the discussion, be my guest. Just saying "nono to anything i wont have a benefit of" is plain useless...

I am starting to get a feeling about the general attitude against froob-dom on these forums...

regards
    /Z
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

so simply make a checkbox at the signup terminal to choose "Froob", "SL only", "Full subscriber".
    regards
    /Z
    We dont have enough people to make BS run at all. Especially other than tl5 and tl7. Your suggestion would result in even less BS running (ofc there are BS that never run so they would stay just like they are now - dead).
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Heyas,

Valid argument. So roll a froob and join the masses - provided you support my request...

regards
    /Z
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Heyas,

Valid argument. So roll a froob and join the masses - provided you support my request...

regards
    /Z
    how about they roll a paid toon and join us?
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Another /fail at reading... i HAVE a paid toon. I am just levelling it atm, so no BS for me yet.
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Heyas,

regards
    /Z

Join who? And where? Its froobs that dont join battlestations for some reason that i cannot understand, not paying players. I dont have to roll froob to not join BS, I can not do it with paid character too

You should better suggest giving LE or some parts of it to froobs, especially ofab armors and weapons (useless for froobs anyway) so they would have more reasons to join BS and we would have more meat to beat at battlestations. I wouldnt mind if froobs joining BS would get some kind of generic aao/aad bonus to make them harder to kill. Maybe like 400 aao/aad for tl5 for example. They would be still disadvantaged by worse equipment and lack of perks but not hopeless.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jul 7th, 2009 at 13:01:12.

Its froobs that dont join battlestations for some reason that i cannot understand, ...
    Perhaps you are happy if you are constantly being ganked... Because thats what happening to most froobs trying out BS. Get in, get ganked, get home. Feels a bit depressing. Well, you could argue i am too gimpy/noobish to stay alive there (which i really am), but sometimes i have the feeling i dont even *scratch* a paying player. I dont have enough MC on my NT to get a reasonable nuke landed on ANY player on BS, because most have perked NR way beyond my reaches.
    I dont even speak about my AS bow... (damage is being healed by heal delta most of the time ).

Yes, i am gimp. Compared to the common TL5 BS folks. Because the comparision is pretty much unadequate. Rule of thumb is that a full payer can be treated like a froob with ~25 Levels above (due to the effect of perks and items). This makes it hard to pick a decent opponent in TL5 BS.

I am not quite sure if i am able to transport my concerns correctly.

regards
    /Z
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Another /fail at reading... i HAVE a paid toon. I am just levelling it atm, so no BS for me yet.
    way to epic fail on this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_personal_pronouns

Oh, well. I *think* i understood you, but i might /fail on this one, too

I was aware you have been suggesting the froob community to go paid and roll a toon to join BS. Which i did. I am not really able to talk for other froobs here.

Your suggestion has a valid point, why dont you go an post it on aofroobs for example?
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Sorry, the only one failing here is you.

The idea is good, and if you disagree with it there is no reason to be rude.

Bump.

Thanks for the bump, GeorgeBrown.

I'd count the idea in the same direction as allowing froobs access to the org HQ: There is no other use than fun for all participants including no disadvantages for them. win-win ftw
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomenesss View Post
    Sorry, the only one failing here is you.

The idea is good, and if you disagree with it there is no reason to be rude.

Bump.
    apparently he was rude with me first. kindly point out where i said something rude before he went all 4chan with the /fail stuff.

apparently you /fail at this too, so based on the amount of /fail in this thread, we can safely conclude that this thread is full of /fail, thus the original premise of the thread is also /fail.

if you /fail to see this, try reeboting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast