Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Informant:

Well it looks like the buff does eventually run out. And I got the satisfaction of killing Aune in this step.

That said, waiting 30 minutes+++ while tanking a mob is absolute crap, especially as it also healed up to full too.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

This bug happened to me as well but also I ICH'd the tank and COULD NOT shake agg no matter what I did. Whether it was getting out of LoS and bugging her or the sold spamming taunts, she would not drop agg on me, it was insane lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Hopefully after the Daily Missions/Collector update is out for Live, she and I can sit down and work on ensuring the questline does what it's supposed to do.
    Dailies are out, Collector is Live. Please fix. Double/Triples/Epsilon Purge all failed (repeatedly) and she continued to attack. Please fix.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, please fix this.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

It is stupid, but a workaround that you can use while they "take a look at it" is NOT to init debuff her so she ****s as fast as possible while the tanks maximises the reflect damage that goes back to her when she hits the tank, it's still takes a while to kill her but if you also use nanomage omni sb (iirc) it gives you a nice +1k reflect shield for 30 secs i belive.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

From many Alliance DB Quest runs, Epsilon Purge DOES work, IF you can get it to land, however, not all Docs have EP...
    The only other option is for her to be DoTed down past her despawn point, if you have 2 Docs, one Doc keeping all 3 of their DoTs on her will do it, if not then NT DoTs will do it too.
    If you only have one Doc and no NT, then you're basically screwed, and it WILL run out eventually...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

the quest is ridiculous. how it makes sense that key nanos for all profs are only available if you have a raid capable and willing org is beyond me. people offer db q spots for up to 1 bill. personally, we payed 250m for an enf i did it last time and i wont pay for it again. 5 of my toons have it, 3 don't. and atm i dont even consider bothering with it.

anyhow as i was docing the thing i can tell you 100% that ep works. just takes like a hundred tries without nr debuff. which as said before even with a crat is a pain to do while healing said enf if you're the only doc.
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 8th, 2013 at 20:31:30.

Surely it would encourage people to take an active role in making their Org capable of raiding these things, or at the very least joining a functioning org that is capable...

Just a thought...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Never had issues using EP while doccing it alone, never took more than 3 or 4 tries at max (that's max, not average) to land it. Guess it also depends on who or what is tanking it.
    Docow 220/30/70 Doc (surprise eh?) Equip

Ruining The Asylum's chat since 2010!

interesting. well said time was roughly a year ago. any changes to the q since then?

@aiken: that always sounds nice when said in a forum, but with the pace people are leaving this game and at the same time remaining people more and more just buying their stuff that's actually not reflecting ig development as i experience it.

Finding a good Org is no different now than it ever was imo. If you wanna stay in an org that can't do content, that's entirely your choice.

/shrug
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

i don't care. i have db content on all my pvp chars. the rest is pvm only and i don't care. if you really feel that way i'm afraid you're living in a bubble. tons of people around who do not share your view. how i know? because of all the people i have helped with this part already. if you feel people were buying that much end game content all along you mustve played a different game.

I hate informant with a passion. It's been in my (main's) log unfinished for a long long time. Any playability tweaks to informant would be welcome.

edit: I didn't realize this was a necrothread, still, my comment stands. I hate this thing. Difficulty and buggyness with this was actually the event that prompted me to quit/unsub the game for some time, a few years ago.
    Last edited by Morlund; Dec 9th, 2013 at 01:45:11.

What ? informant is so easy, like absolutely everything else in this game.. Yes, you actually need a team to do it, and you might need a specific profession but that isn't anything new in AO.

oh really? name one other thing that is so crucial to play your profs basic toolset that requires a full team with endgame enf, doc and crat?

even the regular endgame content, you can dual db1+2, tnh, vortexx, mitarr. just need 3 people for beast or gaunt (i think i heard someone dualing it, not sure tho). only thing you need a half decent team for is 12m, db3 and collector.

i don't want to start a discussion about this here, but imo db prof nano quest should be solo instanced like dark ruins or something. but hey, again, i don't care, i got it on all toons i want it on. but the sheer fact that people basically pay a piece of css for the quest shows that it is NOT easily accessible to a lot of people. now you can argue like aiken that these people are just too dumb to find a proper org, but that won't change that it is beyond reach for a reasonable number of players. i just asked the question if that is really a good choice, to put such critical content out of reach for a faction of the players. sure, those arent the loudest here on the forum. openly admitting you find it hard to do this "oh so easy content" isnt exactly like going on the forums making "wtf l2p n00b" posts like penny. but to deny that is just not reflecting the truth. if there was no demand, prices wouldnt be so high.

well back on topic, fixing the above error would be appreciated, but i doubt it ever will. therefore, use ep, wait or do any of the other solutions which i have not tried.
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 9th, 2013 at 03:58:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Finding a good Org is no different now than it ever was imo. If you wanna stay in an org that can't do content, that's entirely your choice.

/shrug
    fully agree. Org's ftw. AP does informant probably once a month, maybe once every couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    oh really? name one other thing that is so crucial to play your profs basic toolset that requires a full team with endgame enf, doc and crat?

even the regular endgame content, you can dual db1+2, tnh, vortexx, mitarr. just need 3 people for beast or gaunt (i think i heard someone dualing it, not sure tho). only thing you need a half decent team for is 12m, db3 and collector.
    Since the init's patch, and the ninja patch that traderjill harps on about incessantly that makes beast do crazy reflects way more than before:

Beast is not dualable - nobody I know has dualed it, best I've done is three man. Usually that means 3 people dual logged or similar.

APF 35 - while the bosses aren't particularly difficult, I will gladly /prostrate anyone who can say truly that they have two manned this instance. I find that even three guys triple logged can run into problems in this instance with the number of adds - it *should* be easily done with crat/enf/doc all dual/triple logged with DPS profs, but somehow due to the constant aging of the towers it can get really hairy.

APF 28 - is significantly more difficult without at least 3 pet profs to gank coons, and every member of the raidforce must have at least 15k HP - and that's the low end - in order to survive the random agg at the end

APF 13 - you definitely need a solid team for - but I will say that the APF 13 daily, if done properly can really speed things up

But, since you mentioned it, I reckon I've NEVER got a AI ship with less than 4 players, mind you don't need a endgame crat/enf/doc, but if any of your crew is gimp it can make things difficult - and no matter what way you cut it, you DO need more than a crat/enf/doc, since that's only 3.

In my opinion , your statement is completely untrue. With the APF's requiring 6+ for any encounter, and standard AI raids requiring 4 for sure to get ship, and 12m requiring at LEAST 6 - and that's a gamble, I'd say most of the instances that are *required* for any prof to gain endgame functionality really do require more than just crat/enf/doc.

oh what a surprise. you don't agree with me. what a shocker. as always you turn and twist what i said. some examples:
    1.i never said beast is "dualable".
    2.i never commented on aipfs as they are done frequently on raidbots everybody can join.
    3.i even said 12m needs a team
    4.ai ship is not necessary for end game content.

but hey, wouldve been a real surprise if you had something useful to say. point is, db q is beyond reach for a considerable amount of players. if you doubt that, fine. enjoy your day. everything else is blah blah blah. i am not interested in a change to this and not in your "opinion" as every discussion with you turns out the same: personal insults (check the amount of deleted posts by you on that matter in case you try to deny that). so i won't comment on your statements any further.

also, you forgot an alibi comment on the topic of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    fully agree. Org's ftw. AP does informant probably once a month, maybe once every couple months.
    hear hear! db q is easily accessible because ap does it frequently! that of course solves the issue. so everyone just join up!

jesus. like a kindergarden here.
    Last edited by Xootch; Dec 9th, 2013 at 05:56:55.

oh what a surprise. you don't agree with me. what a shocker. as always you turn and twist what i said. some examples:
    1.i never said beast is "dualable".
    2.i never commented on aipfs as they are done frequently on raidbots everybody can join.
    3.i even said 12m needs a team
    4.ai ship is not necessary for end game content.

but hey, wouldve been a real surprise if you had something useful to say. point is, db q is beyond reach for a considerable amount of players. if you doubt that, fine. everything else is blah blah blah. i am not interested in a change to this and not in your "opinion" as every discussion with you turns out the same: personal insults (check the amount of deleted posts by you on that matter in case you try to deny that). so i won't comment on your statements any further.

also, you forgot an alibi comment on the topic of this thread.

hear hear! db q is easily accessible because ap does it frequently! that of course solves the issue. so everyone just join up!

jesus. like a kindergarden here.
    In life, if you try to fight everyone who doesn't agree with you, you'll end up spending your whole life in conflict.

I'm not fussed about your details, but I think you generalize too much when appraising content to try to make a point that isn't as valid as you think it is, and it's less valid now than it was prior to the init's patch.

the quest is ridiculous. how it makes sense that key nanos for all profs are only available if you have a raid capable and willing org is beyond me. people offer db q spots for up to 1 bill. personally, we payed 250m for an enf i did it last time and i wont pay for it again. 5 of my toons have it, 3 don't. and atm i dont even consider bothering with it.
    If you find me in game just shout and I'll bring my Enf to tank for free (depending on when my new place has DSL installed, which could only be at the beginning of Jan ). It's super easy to spam 1 button while a doc just casts BI when needed, and doesn't take to long.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

i can multibox myself and sell loot almost daily from ipande, beast, mitar, vort, apf 13/28/35. team i run with for most places is enfo/doc/engi/crat/crat/crat.
    I find doing instances are much easier by myself because im in control over every heal, mongo, debuff, and calling. and there is noone to blame but myself for a failed raid. at first i wiped 3/4 tries of any raid, but now i havent failed a raid in a few weeks.

people offer db q spots for up to 1 bill. personally, we payed 250m for an enf i did it last time and i wont pay for it again. 5 of my toons have it, 3 don't. and atm i dont even consider bothering with it.
    I have seen people spam dnet/neutnet and paying for an enf... So, when I had the time, I would reply I would tank it for free.

But 1 bil!! OMFG! Some people are nuts - the buyers I mean.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast