Thread: Lower spawn times on Prophet please.

Lower spawn times on Prophet please.

2 hours waiting for prophet to spawn yesterday, and 1:30 today.. the info I get says anywhere from 20 min to 2 hours spawn time, some say the timer gets reset when players enter the dungeon. so it can take hours.. happy happy joy joy, took 3 days to get one org mate a sanct key, and 2 days and counting for another org mate. A Prez's work is never done, but come on, random spawn times and they are affected by players running into the temple? even if they are just heading to the catacombs?

Sorry for the rant but I ran into a good dozen players all waiting for the prophet to spawn in the past few days.

Make it like the instance dungeon bosses, they respawn in 10-15 min max. they are quest NPC's.. 10-15 min respawn and maybe a 5 min grace period before players can kill him would be good.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Make it like the instance dungeon bosses, they respawn in 10-15 min max. they are quest NPC's.. 10-15 min respawn and maybe a 5 min grace period before players can kill him would be good.!
    Just a nitpick. The SL dungeons are supposed to be "static" and not instances.

But you are right. There is also the "trick" to log off in a dungeon and log back on after a few minutes in order to get a new boss.

I'd rather have more or less fixed respawn times (20-30 min.) regardless of people in the dungeon/temple. Dynabosses also pop when people are around.

A grace period is definitely a good idea.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Huge bump for this, spent waaay too long getting a spawn for 1 org mate to finish quest (and will need to do it again soon for my alt..)

Waiting 2 or more hours for a mob needed in a quest seems a bit ridiculous.

Its like inferno bottleneck quests! But you cant do nothing about it :/
    Bump. I had this problem, luckily he's up each time i've needed him (or orgmate). But i can understand the pain, as in the past when passing by he's never up.

Very old thread, but very relevant still though.

Regarding the Prophet Urga Van: Not only is the random timer extra annoying, Funcom needs to include another very important factor: The awful behaviour by various people that is taking over this game bit by bit.

In the last two days it happened twice to me and a friend that we were standing in front of the prophet, waiting for a 220 to come for help, when another player comes in and kills the prophet without even considering to ask if we need help or the kill or anything. Even when we sent a tell to ask if it was possible to merge teams or whatever: no response.

Also funny: People going afk in the temple which ruins the respawn like nothing else.

Pretty, pretty please remove the random timer! I don't even care if it gets a 60 minute respawn then, as long as there is a 100% chance.