Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocketing & the end of hex n00bs (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    What planet do you live on that there's a massive influx of noobs who ...
    Been expecting you and your self-defense at the end is self-defeating and makes the rest redundant and invalidated as usual.

As for the level 15 enforcer, it was only cripplers, not croakers or that Han-maal or what ever it is called. Mongo + QL 50 - 70 implants with a lot of first aid (for the SL health coils) + body dev and strength for the ToTW meat pads + + +

... but I always knew how short your imagination and ability to think was.

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    i dont pocket anyone who I dont know has a 220/15+ main

quick way of sorting through the noobs
    Yes, the best solution for everyone. Trouble is, not everyone is like you.
    Last edited by Jenshie; Dec 7th, 2008 at 12:07:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    i dont pocket anyone who I dont know has a 220/15+ main

quick way of sorting through the noobs
    so everyone who doesnt have a 220 is a noob ..... mmmmmmmmkay
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

lol level 15 soloing multiple cripplers. If you kited them by running around in circles the froob way... that's not exactly skill, just exploiting shortcomings in game mechanics. And if you were standing and tanking without a pocket... roflmao I'd like to see you repeat that with witnesses xD

Edit: It's slightly more believable than the time Jen****e claimed her 21 could solo level 100 RK mobs for hours xD
    Last edited by Chrys; Dec 7th, 2008 at 13:34:53.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshie View Post
    Been expecting you and your self-defense at the end is self-defeating and makes the rest redundant and invalidated as usual.
    Self-defense is done when defending yourself - I'm merely pointing out the Buick-sized holes in your "argument." And you're right, my post did invalidate what you said.

As for the level 15 enforcer, it was only cripplers, not croakers or that Han-maal or what ever it is called. Mongo + QL 50 - 70 implants with a lot of first aid (for the SL health coils) + body dev and strength for the ToTW meat pads + + +
    Would still not be able to take out multiple cripplers in a stand-and-fight scenario. You either kited crazily, used exploits, or were pocketed; it's the simple reality of it. Or you're outright lying, which is most probably the case.

Also, with your medsuit, body dev, strength and whatnot you're describing every level 15 fighting character ever. Only thing that would be out of the norm is mongo, because that's limited to enfs.

... but I always knew how short your imagination and ability to think was.
    I got plenty of imagination. I just don't use it to make up stories about how I can use "skill" (which is largely non-existant in this game) to do stuff that's quite frankly impossible.

Yes, the best solution for everyone. Trouble is, not everyone is like you.
    This isn't a good solution for a vast majority of people: but it's expected you'd say that, because you lack the imagination to see beyond yourself. You do, however, seem to have enough imagination to manufacture fictional circumstances to support your argument.

What's most amusing about all this is you've gone from your "expansion players are the devil!!!!" line of arguments to seemingly revel in having a paid account yourself.

You also didn't point out why my counter-argument was invalid, other than to give a series of emotional, largely meaningless responses. It's not the best way to convince someone you have a real argument.
    Last edited by Berinda; Dec 7th, 2008 at 16:07:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

This is pretty much word that can summarize why we have so many heck noobs, and its not something that FC can fix.

People are dumb and noobish because they choose to be.

There. Said. Nothing to do with the game world or how it operates. If they 'fix' things according to difficulty for X or Y player, people will still gravitate towards an easy way to get through it.

So any changes that FC could make, wont solve the laziness of some players.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Pockets invite new players or take areas they need for levelling up. Now I understand the intention and it is nice to try including the newbies but as said above, they level too fast and end up under equipped and broke. So I don't see how it is their fault they end up being the lepers of the community when they turn into heck n00bs.
    Here's the thing though - did the pocket team the newbie got at level 40 in Nascence "help" them to be stark noobs at 180 in Ado? Nope - it was completely the newbie's fault. He could have chosen (bar some other teammate bringing his 220 doc later down the road) to just hightail it out of the team; sure he could have been called "noob" for not participating in a mach 2 XP fest but it's better for him, because he chose to level the right way and thus be an admired player instead of a team filler. So down to the wire, it's not the pocket's fault most people turn out this way, it's the player himself.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Self-defense is done when defending yourself - ....
    In summary:
    "I will continue to take appart the small points, throw up smoke and mirrors because I am a troll that won't face the main issue state my point of view clearly because I seek those others I think are cool's approval."
    (... or what ever other reason you have for replying to a thread I start.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Edit: It's slightly more believable than the time Jen****e claimed her 21 could solo level 100 RK mobs for hours xD
    Now you are lying. Go find that quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Here's the thing though - did the pocket team the newbie got at level 40 in Nascence "help" them to be stark noobs at 180 in Ado? Nope - it was completely the newbie's fault. He could have chosen (bar some other teammate bringing his 220 doc later down the road) to just hightail it out of the team; sure he could have been called "noob" for not participating in a mach 2 XP fest but it's better for him, because he chose to level the right way and thus be an admired player instead of a team filler. So down to the wire, it's not the pocket's fault most people turn out this way, it's the player himself.
    Did you warn them of the long term implications, were they aware?

Typical reaction I get when I explain it to people is : " !!! "
    Last edited by Jenshie; Dec 7th, 2008 at 18:34:30.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

In summary:
    "I will continue to take appart the small points, throw up smoke and mirrors because I am a troll that won't face the main issue state my point of view clearly because I seek those others I think are cool's approval."
    (... or what ever other reason you have for replying to a thread I start.)
    Dismantling your entire argument was taking apart the "small" points?

My point of view, if you really want it - which I assumed you didn't, on account of you never being interested in dissenting viewpoints - is that pocketing shouldn't be necessary. The way to "fix" it is to get more people playing the game so teams can be filled reliably.

Your suggestion would be a pain in the ass to most everyone who isn't you, and attempts to force everyone into your masochistic way of doing things. Furthermore, the argument you use to backup your suggestion is so all over the place and goofy that it has nothing to do with the suggestion.
    Last edited by Berinda; Dec 8th, 2008 at 04:02:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

*Good bye bump.*

(For now.)
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12