Thread: New character type: "powerleveling"

New character type: "powerleveling"

To address an apparent demand, expressed here on the forums by some players, for even faster levelling, while not speeding up the game in general for every player regardless if they want it or not, I suggest the option to be able to create a special kind of character, the "powerleveling character" (or PLC).

At the last stage of character generation, on the screen where the name is specified, a check box is placed labelled "Create as powerleveling character". When it is checked and the name selection is confirmed and accepted, a final warning and confirmation message is displayed about the bonuses and penalties (described below) of creating the character as a PLC, asking the player if they really want this character created as a PLC or want to return to the name selection screen to revise their choice.

PLCs are available only on payed accounts.

PLCs receive an "innate" 2x XP multiplier on any and all kinds of XP, AXP and SK they receive, further bonuses coming from side XP, buffs, perks and items are applied to this multiplied base XP.

PLCs will have a special, non-toggleable flag displayed around their names, like: ">> Xprocket >>"

PLCs are automatically, unconditionally and irrevocably deleted and purged from the character database six months (180 days) after their creation. This is not merely a possibility, they do get deleted once their lifespan is over, no exceptions. After this automatic deletion, they cannot be restored by any means, under any circumstances.

Characters that were created as PLCs and got past the final stage of the character creation process (entered the game world), cannot, under any circumstances, get converted into a normal character, not by a GM nor through any other method. They can, of course, be manually deleted and rerolled as a normal character with the same name any time.

Furthermore, PLCs cannot:
    - receive the Veteran Points normal characters on the given account would be entitled to.
    - accumulate PvP kills and attain PvP titles.
    - disable the inspect function.
    - rent a player shop.
    - buy items from player shops.
    - transfer (trade) items or credits to other players (but can receive items and credits from others).
    - create organizations.
    - be promoted above the lowest level org rank.
    - be added to raid groups (unless it means they would have no way of entering instanced areas like the high level APFs).

The list of restrictions are not meant to be complete, these are only the basics that I think need to apply.
    The XP multiplier value and the lifespan of the character can also be a matter of discussion, but they need to be kept within reasonable limits (something like max 5x and 12 months; however, a higher multiplier needs to be accompanied by a shorter lifespan).
    Last edited by Honorbound; Dec 11th, 2008 at 10:51:24.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    To address an apparent demand, expressed here on the forums by some players, for even faster levelling, while not speeding up the game in general for every player regardless if they want it or not, I suggest the option to be able to create a special kind of character, the "powerleveling character" (or PLC).

At the last stage of character generation, on the screen where the name is specified, a check box is placed labelled "Create as powerleveling character". When it is checked and the name selection is confirmed and accepted, a final warning and confirmation message is displayed about the bonuses and penalties (described below) of creating the character as a PLC, asking the player if they really want this character created as a PLC or want to return to the name selection screen to revise their choice.

PLCs are available only on payed accounts.

PLCs receive an "innate" 2x XP multiplier on any and all kinds of XP, AXP and SK they receive, further bonuses coming from side XP, buffs, perks and items are applied to this multiplied base XP.

PLCs will have a special, non-toggleable flag displayed around their names, like: ">> Xprocket >>"

PLCs are automatically, unconditionally and irrevocably deleted and purged from the character database six months (180 days) after their creation. This is not merely a possibility, they do get deleted once their lifespan is over, no exceptions. After this automatic deletion, they cannot be restored by any means, under any circumstances.

Characters that were created as PLCs and got past the final stage of the character creation process (entered the game world), cannot, under any circumstances, get converted into a normal character, not by a GM nor through any other method. They can, of course, be manually deleted and rerolled as a normal character with the same name any time.

Furthermore, PLCs cannot:
    - receive the Veteran Points normal characters on the given account would be entitled to.
    - accumulate PvP kills and attain PvP titles.
    - disable the inspect function.
    - rent a player shop.
    - buy items from player shops.
    - transfer (trade) items or credits to other players (but can receive items and credits from others).
    - create organizations.
    - be promoted above the lowest level org rank.
    - be added to raid groups (unless it means they would have no way of entering instanced areas like the high level APFs).

The list of restrictions are not meant to be complete, these are only the basics that I think need to apply.
    The XP multiplier value and the lifespan of the character can also be a matter of discussion, but they need to be kept within reasonable limits (something like max 5x and 12 months; however, a higher multiplier needs to be accompanied by a shorter lifespan).
    And why would someone use that feature if the char is getting deleted after a while?
    If you roll a Char on Test Live, you can level up pretty fast as well without such restrictions...
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

So a character that levels really fast, but is automatically deleted at a certain point and cannot meaningfully interact with others.

What's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

The point of a powerleveled toon is to take a character to x level quickly so you can do whatever you want with it for as long as possible.

So why should I cart a toon to 220/30 if it'll die 6 months later?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Crusty Forum Troll - after 100 or so levels, toon is locked and to unlock it for another 10 levels, owner must post some ridiculous item on the forums (hell, I might even have a 220 toon, if it were Crusty Forum Troll ).
    Jenshai would be an expert in leveling up then..
    (and that's a no-go)
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen