Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing faction to neutral.

As a former neutral I say remove the neutral "faction." The people are cool, but misguided.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

• All the "Not Clan" and "Not Omni" items?
    • Not having to farm tokens?
    • Joining any side of BS to start it sooner if you show Omni a middle digit?
    • Going anywhere except Tir?
    • Not being pestered by faction or org mates to PvP?
    • Then as you said, the better more tight knit community?

You really want people to give that up for a token board?

Edit: Ah. Dead org with Circle G. You went for the bigger group?
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

And sarcasm does a fly by. I thought it was rather obvious with the misguided comment...
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

*Shoots it with ant-air-sleep-deprivation shells.*

Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    Not finding Edta's at the moment.
    It's in my sig . Or here.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

I can't see why toons can't change back to Neutral. As Neutral isn't a side in the conflict, it does seem plausible that toons might grow tired of the conflict and go from sided to Neutral just as Neutrals might be sucked into the conflict.

Since it is possible for Omni to go Clan and Clan to go Omni, there doesn't seem to be anything in the story that would prevent them from also going back to Neutral.

There should be a restriction for 200+. As a 200+ neutral, I can say that I was given PLENTY of warnings if I leveled out of 200, it was a one way trip. I think that anyone who has made that choice, should be stuck with it. Until that time, why not let people enter and leave the conflict as they see fit. To prevent exploits, vp grabs or whatever, there should be a timer that prevents changes more often than a week or two. Lets face it, story wise, a toon wouldn't be switching side all of the time or no side would ever take them back and no one would believe they were actually Neutral.

Let toons go Neutral with the understanding that they're permaflagged. Hated by their former side for desertion, and untrusted by the other two. And , yes, Neutral is a faction.

Bump for high level (220) application forms (at least to change from Omni to Clan etc)

Or make it a PAID service

They have or want to (someone nail this down as concrete please?) introduce 221 neutral -> Clan / Omni.
    Yet, no Clan / Omni -> Neutral.

Neutrals should be the largest faction because they are everyone that isn't for the corporation or against them. As it is, the faction structure is a very artificially created construct.
    Few people really care and would refuse a team with the other side. Just those odd few PvPers and the RPers that try to ramp it up for drama.

I guess people couldn't complain and would take it seriously if when then go Clan / Omni -> Neutral there is no going back.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12