Thread: what should

Cool what should

im a lvl 20 NT and i need ideas on what armour,imps,tools and weps to wear.

czan anybody gimme some ideas??
    lvl 24 mp Nanohevan
    lvl 43 doc Aunolben
    lvl 38 fixer Dalframe

making imps and casting techings pst in game (nanohevan)

out of action till 31st july

depends on what u want. pvp? pvm?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Sided carbonum armor seems a safe bet.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

save your money and IP's

Wear a med suit till lvl 40

and don'teven bother with tradeskilling points...

if you have SL, then don't even bother with weapons skills. once you get the glove, you won't be using them
    Better to die on your feet. Than live on your knees.

Carbonum armor. Med suit is only advicable if you are geared elsewhere enought. If you run the risk of tanking a few mobs, med suit wont protect you for very long. Sure you get bigger stims, but that advantage drops faster after lvl 20.

If you want a fun setup, you can try pistols. Symbiant support it and pistol skill are easily buffed. Customized Desert Reet 1000 (CDR) from foremans are a good choice when you get around 50-ish.

There is also alot of buffing pistols that up your nano skills. Soft Pepper pistols for example.

As for Imps; bigges Matter Creation imps you can fit. Thats most important. Next after that would be nano and skills for nano regeneration (Cost + HE, coils/nano kits)
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

you can easily get a low ql 41ish SOft pepper pistol. that will boost Nano skills. but it is Left or right hand only (but dualable with another pistol) until lvl 50 for the first deck item.

Are you fr00b or paid?

THat matters... as fr00bs cann't use SL cyberdeck. lack of cyber deck will track you to wearing wpns of some sort.. either combo easy wpns that provide nano skillz combined with specials, or more dmg specific wpns (CDRs, somethign with AS, etc)

Armor- service suit is hard to find but it does up your skills and can be worn by NTs. I was able to aquire 3 pieces and they were most helpful I wish I could have had a full suit as I even liked the skin, very unique looking. You hit lvl 20, and graduated from med suit. Carb is nice as it also give NCU and nano init, easy to aquire (especially if in an org that has a TS monkey to make for ya). I personally look for specials over ACs in armor.

Imps - try to get nano, nano skills, HP (or BD if trox), and evades where ever you can. THose are an NTs lifeline. MC above all else in nano skills.

Nanos- Don't go for every DD nano (AoE/Single nukes) I skipped about every 3rd/4th one and actually looked at cast/recharge times as a guage as well. Layers... gotta get the layers nanos. and always get your cost/HE nano up to date. Will balance the starving need for nano pool if you can use less/refill faster.

Using dmg wpns in the beginning also help kill faster. oOn't go overboard if you want wpns as you are an NT and you want more nano skills over wpn skills; plus, the IP sink isn't worth it. I used a pistol that had 3 specials iirc. It wasn't an ubah twink wpn that cost tons, I bought it in a terminal after researching auno.org and was around lvl 30ish, I had to have many buffs to get it on (I think I imped some temporily to get it on) BUT it made soloing/teaming dmg a bit easier. I don't think I was oe, and I know I wasn't the master of that wpn, but the specials helped LOADS as low levels suplimenting my dmg from nanos (get one with a fast recharge as specials are linked to recharge)

~~ ramblings of an NT ~~
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

I've...been...awakened...!

One thing to keep in mind is, if you properly choose your weapon, it'll likely outdamage just nuking alone, especially if you properly implant/equip/ect in order to cast decent nanos, at least until around level 165 when the deck nuke gets decent, or even a bit higher (I've heard upwards of 205 being the cut-off point for weapon use, if using the right gear).
    Just be sure to, no matter what, stick with what you decide on! While you may occasionally get heckled some people who think NTs should just run in circles with their arms up in the air while screaming, stopping occasionally only to use the invisible keyboard, or that TL5 enf who can't take aggro from you (back at TL5 I ran around with a Queen Blade, then an Enhanced Queen Blade, very fun times, lots of aggravated enfs whose thunder was promptly stolen). Even if the weapon you choose is mainly for style points, sometimes it's just more fun to do something against the average boring 'NO CALMS, NO ROOTS, NO BLINDS, NUKES ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION' bs that I, and many others have put up with. Think of this like the difference between trying to play a 'crat to it's fullest, or just using it as an XP pole, as sometimes using your weapon slot(s) for just buffs (be it the cyber deck or otherwise), will end up with you not using your character to it's fullest.

But, ultimately, the choice is yours, weapon or no, just make sure that whatever you do you have a bloody blast playing as an NT. Experiment, play around on auno.org until you feel your eyes might start to bleed, troll the hell out of any tanks by making them feel inadequate, hell, even make a few macros to spout one-liners at whatever it is you're fighting, ect.

Yep, I certainly am bored while at work. Too bad the wireless here is terrible, else I might log on for a bit, I'm getting an urge to log my NT...
    [rambling]It's kinda funny, I dumped enough IP into 2he to be able to equip the Enhanced Queen Blade, Abyssal Desecrator, the Frost-Bound Reaper, only to have the social window be introduced. Speaking of which, the FBR looks particularly bad-ass while equipped while wearing the NT Tier 3 Claok, along with possibly a hood of some sort. Heh, well, most NT armour looks pretty decent, beside the Ofab. The Ofab NT back looks like a barrel. I'm always afraid that if someone were to shoot me three times with a pistol I might explode. I recall this one time while doing Anansi Storyteller, a friend offered to help me, he was on his fixer, so I said sure, come along. So he logs his melee advy. And brings three or four other melee advies. Mind you, this was AFTER I had explained that Storyteller nukes for obscene amounts when you're in melee range, but he didn't listen. They wiped about twice before they started going at him one at a time. All the while I kept rooting him whenever he turned his attention to me after all the advies would blow up. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing on multiple occasions durring that raid... Oh, and there was this one time doing General Vivyan, we had an Omni fixer tanking (a great guy, <3 j00 Vabla), and while he did one hell of a job, s*** did hit the fan a couple of times during the raid. What what did the remaining members of the raid do (out of the fixer, doc, keeper, MP, and me as the NT, with the MP and I the only ones left when something would go wrong)? We got into mechs and ran around trying not to die until everyone else would get back to save the day. Oh god, it was the funnest raid I've ever done, ever. Then there was this other time, at the Inner Sanctum, third floor, when no one would pull. So finally I volunteered to pull. I did surprisingly well, even though I died just as I got Hezak back to the raid group (AoEs for HUEG ftw)[/rambling]. Now where was I? Ahh yes, should get back to work before my boss has my head.
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

I went 2he for mt nt for a ver long time. got me a queen blade at 165...had a blast. 107ish forced to go deck. Cant say I enoyed it. Burned thru nano lightning fast...and it was SLOOOOOOOW.

however..195 hit me..and I got resonance blast. Slapped the QB back on..do gobs more dmg now...feel more comfortable now having off dmg hitting for healthy 1-3kdmg. Feels more well rounded (not tomention a nice brawl stun once in a while). With res blast I get less aggro now (it has a detaunt in it) and do at least as much dmg as I was with deck nuke. Im a happy camper now.

Only donwside is in SL mission taking on really high mobs...I can get resisted. Im working on countering that with pumping up my MC skill some more (I lack allot of nice shiney toys to do that). But overall..I am a happy tank mage again (yay me!! 198 opi nt, back up to 8k self hitpoints and rising).

I like to play differnt..and never liked the deck nukes. All seemed slow..and barring that, ate large chunks of my nano pool away than I liked. Im also used to playing fixer and other more ofensive classes...so it was agony waiting for my one and only real offensive attack to recharge. Course the wonderfull Fumble/recharge was fun too.

To each his own. I like my setup..and hated it when I switched to deck. Couldnt solo myself then (I dont kite..never leanred..dont like trying). With the QB hitting every so often for lots of dmg..coupled with a fairly fast recharging bralw..flurry of blows..and even a dimach for kicks, coupled with Res blast and a chain of dmg perks..can do really nice overall dmg.

Couldnt imagine making a new nt and using deck nukes most of my levels. Goddamn that would be boring.
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

I used to occasionally come across the Nano Nation weapons while dyna hunting on my advy.. when I did get around to making my NT I decided what the heck, not many NTs used them that I knew personally and it was before I had my deck so I used a
    Nano Nation - Atomizer for about 10-15 lvls, wasn't to hard to equip even though an odd choice many thought lol.. after I used a pair of
    Second-hand Old English Trading Co. Pistols for the Int buff (trickle down ftw) then my deck after.

For armor at low lvls I used Carbonum for the Nano Init and Nano pool and NCU, I was also lucky enough to have a few low ql pieces of Notum Saturated Metaplast Armor (which IS really nice IMO over the NT Tier at low levels and I wasn't much into OFAB then, maybe someday) which buffs nano skills and nano c. Init.. also good if you're a froob NT if you can get your hands on it. For a back item I used Quagmires Cloak of Nasc and then the Neleb's Robe till I could get my bathrobe on. For a helm, till I could get my HOWI on I used a Stalker Helm (aka the 'duck helm' *quack*) cause it buffed Int, first aid, and treatment (useful for higher ql stims).

Personally I never even thought to use a Medsuit as armor for that purpose, I was already extremely squishy so I didn't want to make that factor worse lol. TBH anything that buffed intel to me was gold, and anything that added to NCI, nano-skills, nano pool, run speed, and psychic as well. Now at 145 I'm looking at 150 and my Shroud and thinking.. how the he... but being Opi helps, and the new bathrobes are awesome for froobs and even not-froobs.. I enjoy playing my NT whether I'm kiting for myself or a few org-mates or just solo hunting.. I never much liked kiting to often in Ely cause it isn't my thing but on occasion I'll go out there to see how I stand up.. getting off-track though from the OP.. hopefully you have a fair idea on your options from all the good ideas mentioned

Ahhh almost forgot some of my favorite new armor from recent patches.. Miy's Nano Armor ftw! If you are lucky enough to find some low ql pieces it's great froob/non-froob alike armor IMO.. again anything that buffs Int/Psy and random nano skills = gold in my eyes, I still use a piece here and there and it's great for buff armor as well.

Currently at 145 I am wearing 2x ql230'ish Miys nano sleeves, a ql198(?) Combined Officers chest & pants, ql230'ish Miys nano gloves, my HOWI, bathrobe, and a ql200 Notum Metaplast boots.. not exactly the most uber set up, or the prettiest, but it works just fine for me (and thank you FC for social tab). I hope at 150 to get my SoDN and Maidens Gloves on. Considering maybe a piece or 2 of OFAB but BS just isn't for me.. did do BS for my enfo's but only for a few particular pieces since he's 1hb.

/end_ramble
    Last edited by enigmatic; Jul 23rd, 2008 at 06:57:07. Reason: sleepy
    -:Neut for life & damned proud:- President of RK ShadowS

Enigmatia - TS'n Advy 218/17 | Auryin - NT 145/7 | Traumatizing - Enfo 150/11
    The Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry would like to congratulate the following couples:
    Darkirmi and Enigmatia - Valentines '07

Holidays with the Shadows 08!

SoDN at 150? if you arent opi it will be a BIG pain if its possible
    btw if you go maxed evades and evade-aad imp/symb setup i would recommend Vagabond Cloak until you can get a lets say SoDN on. It gives +35 aad and its free. worked me fine at lvl 150

Devil Inside

lol I'm Opi, trying to build her some sense/agi imps cause my symbs aren't all quite up to date and could probably squeeze more agi/sense out of higher ql imps then what symbs give currently.. trying to find any sense/agi hud/util toys/rings/bracers/armor .. she's my little take my time and enjoy, char.. have rather enjoyed playing NT, and not just for kiting but to experience a whole different level of playing, compared to my advy & enfo. So it's not a huge rush, I know I won't be able to do it even as an opi till 150 (I'm not into the hard core twinking lol.. it drives me nuts when I unequip something requiring ait2/3 so I usually keep those perked ) but I didn't think about Vagabond cloak, not a bad idea.. I wasn't thinking to much on AAD but more the evades from the SoDN, but when I start doing some high ql imps I am planning on an aad cluster or 2.. now I'm gonna have to check my subway chars and steal a Vagabond cloak from them though cause that's a good idea imo lol, thank ya.

if ur opi and fully (both ai perks and normal perks) perked to ability, and with such items like Advanced Scent Sensor (now its much cheaper) you should be able to equip SoDN and ofc its much better than anything else (xcept notucomm) at that level

Devil Inside

I actually got my hands on a Adv. Scent Sensor just for my NT to put on this coat lol.. and totally forgot perks.. thank you again.. I'm sposed to be getting my advy to 220 first before my NT goes to 150 x.x lol