Thread: Enforcer is a tank, why is it limit for pvp?

Enforcer is a tank, why is it limit for pvp?

i wonder why a pure tank profession with taunts etc for pvm cant work for pvp..

it would take allot of things into a new dimension. when you mongo players get taunted to attack you as creeps does. its very normal in mmo's except ao.
    also i see the issue that u might get unwanted aggro but why not make a 2nd mongo? it doesnt do anything but taunting players to attack you for some seconds.. and it gets a smal cooldown befoe it can be used agein.

i dont see why a tank profession only can taunt creeps in ao and not players, its extremly normal in other mmo games and it works great.
    also it would get rid of some of the redicules hideing from agent/shade wich i got endgame alts of myself, i would love the option. its just to move in hide on distance from the enf anyways if u dont want to get taunted out of sneak unless he gues where you might be
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Feb 10th, 2015 at 18:04:12.

Can you provide examples of where taunts have effects in PvP in other MMOs?

Not sure which MMorpg it was but they had big chested female characters and she kept taunting me for about 15min and I could PvP at all.. Talking about OP.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Feb 9th, 2015 at 15:00:59. Reason: Sixty percent of the time it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowforcee View Post
    Can you provide examples of where taunts have effects in PvP in other MMOs?
    sure what about the biggest mmo, world of warcraft? warrior has taunt that forces the oponent to attack you

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i wonder why a pure tank profession with taunts etc for pvm cant work for pvp..

it would take allot of things into a new dimension. when you mongo players get taunted to attack you as creeps does. its very normal in mmo's except ao.
    also i see the issue that u might get unwanted aggro but why not make a 2nd mongo? it doesnt do anything but taunting players to attack you for some seconds.. and it gets a smal cooldown befoe it can be used agein.

i dont see why a tank profession only can taunt creeps in ao and not players, its extremly normal in other mmo games and it works great.
    also it would get rid of some of the redicules hideing from agent/shade wich i got endgame alts of myself, i would love the option. its just to move in hide on distance from the enf anyways if u dont want to get taunted out of sneak unless he gues where you might be stand.
    it worked before funcom disabled the autoattack/autotarget function
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

sure what about the biggest mmo, world of warcraft? warrior has taunt that forces the oponent to attack you
    Not in PvP they don't. They have an ability that will redirect attacks to them, but it doesn't force the opponent to attack the warrior. I kind of feel like this quote comes into play here:

seriously please tell you you have a keeper and that you simply forgot to post that you dont own a keeper in the char list under your sig oy you are a freaking troll
    i am so freaking tierd of hearing peoples opinions about a profession they dont even play. becose it happens to often and mods should be allowd to delete unserious missguideing posts.
    Just replace "keeper" with "warrior"

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Not in PvP they don't. They have an ability that will redirect attacks to them, but it doesn't force the opponent to attack the warrior. I kind of feel like this quote comes into play here:

Just replace "keeper" with "warrior"
    ok well done

SWToR has similar mechanics as WoW.

I personally like redirecting the damage away from a guarded target. Even if you can't force change targets, it's a highly viable way to create value in tanks in PVP.

If mongo made your hands glow really bright and red I'm sure people would attack you in pvp. It works wonders for docs.

Jax you better start getting doc's sorted. They are nerfed as hell right now on 18.7.0.20

Warhammer did this perfectly.

Essentially the tank would taunt a player. That player would know they've been taunted. If they don't actually turn around and attack the tank who taunted them, and hit them a token number of times (was 3-5 times) then they're going to take increased (30-50%) damage from the tank until they do.

Tanks in Warhammer were fun.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Oh hey stranger. Log on more often, we have all kinds of important questions to ask you in Storm, like "how did you guys figure out how to spawn Tchu and how did you figure out that would let you get inf boots" and "has the food DW made for you run out yet" and, EH's favorite, "would you prefer 1 EH or 5 thai ladyboys"

Id love to be able to taunt people into attacking me. Would make Tara great fun. Tanks/Callers could be fun. As it is, callers sometimes avoid the big meat bars in PvP... usually hunting for doctors or other callers instead.

Anyhow, I am still waiting on re-balance to crawl back into game. Hopefully its soon. 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

.. Sometimes, before one of your endless brainless posts, you should think and/or inform yourself. Before.
    This statement is just embarassing, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Warhammer did this perfectly.

Essentially the tank would taunt a player. That player would know they've been taunted. If they don't actually turn around and attack the tank who taunted them, and hit them a token number of times (was 3-5 times) then they're going to take increased (30-50%) damage from the tank until they do.

Tanks in Warhammer were fun.
    1.) Long time no see - hi
    2.) Isnt it a nice suggestion for an enforcers pvp situation, isnt it?
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Taunting did work in WoW, but I haven't played since WOTLK so I'm not sure how it works now. It did make pets/players attack to taunter though :/
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Taunting did work in WoW, but I haven't played since WOTLK so I'm not sure how it works now. It did make pets/players attack to taunter though :/
    It never did that. You must be thinking of some other game.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Taunt

Many other sources out there will tell you it never had any effect on players. Google is your friend.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Mongo should work as a short duration aoe taunt with a long internal CD on those affected. It should be used tactically in fights to draw fire at the right time.

I've been saying this for a long while, don't know why people seem to think it's a bad idea.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!