Thread: n00b weapon vendor in Jobe Harbor

n00b weapon vendor in Jobe Harbor

When was the weapon vendor in Jobe Harbor, next to the healing kit vendor, made to sell the same QL of weapons? Was this done in 17.8?

More importantly, why?

If memory serves me, that vendor used to alternate the QL of its stock from 1 to 75... and it was convenient to use those original electronicum pistols raising only PISTOL with IP. Now my choices are QL 1x, 38 and 41. Oh, I notice the NPC has "unwavering" in its title which leads me to believe this was intentional and not bugged.

Of all the aspects of the game that need attention this far into it's existence, a noob weapon vendor was suddenly so unbalanced it needed "fixing"? Seriously?

More like, when are they going to revamp and balance both noob areas? As it stands now, Keepers and Shades are denied a number of useful shuttleport goodies, a potential 3 super-easy AI levels, and a viable start-up for new players (although FC has stated that those profs are not recommended for newbies).

You can only get 2 ai lvs on the island unless you plan on staying till lv 15 ^^

The point is, both places suck and need to be totally reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    You can only get 2 ai lvs on the island unless you plan on staying till lv 15 ^^
    You can only get 3 levels if u stay until 15. Ya cash in earned axp at 15 to get AI2, then fill the bar to prep for lvl 25...

Moot point, really - LE mishs do the job much easier and with less pain. Time spent grinding to 15 on newb isle is better used collecting bottles for refund: u should easily earn enuff to buy LE and even get spare change, using same time and effort...

On topic:
    All vendors should behave as normal...

Also:
    Regular newbie island is MUCH better now than a few years back. It wouldn't hurt if there were more items & things to do, though.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Luziciona View Post
    Also:
    Regular newbie island is MUCH better now than a few years back. It wouldn't hurt if there were more items & things to do, though.
    Compared to how it was after it was released, it's terrible.

You really honestly think revamping those areas is worth the devtime? Now let it be and move on.
    ->Moertje 220/21 - Side tokens collected 2500.
    - Real Life Yutto - of TETN :teeth: / - Atlantean //Current PVM Setup// PVP Setup//PVP swapping Setup

->Mulisch 150/4 - Side tokens collected 16 - wtf melee? (retired)
    ->Amoer 150/9 - friendly neighbourhood Trader!

Quote Originally Posted by Moertje View Post
    You really honestly think revamping those areas is worth the devtime? Now let it be and move on.
    All I really want, is the vendor to sell varying QL's like before. However if it MUST sell specific QL's to make them spaced out more evenly like 25, 50 & 75 instead of the example I saw of electronicums with ql's of 18, 38 & 41.

Quote Originally Posted by Moertje View Post
    Yes, because they are one of the largest reasons people don't stick around in AO.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    Compared to how it was after it was released, it's terrible.
    Um What?
    Terrible?
    Same place, more quests, more items/rewards...just no AI weaps.
    Let me guess, you're just miffed cause you used to farm them and sell them?
    Gurudee : 220/20 Doc - General of Pantheon. Eater of Waffulz.
    Cannon "Madblasta" Fodder : 220/24 Soldier - Pewpewpew!
    Ughh "Madmongo" Breakstuffs : 220/20 Enf - GOMANGO!
    Madvocate : 150/15 Crat - In your toolshed. Charming your daughter.