Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Newb OCC

Side note: the greeters dont go out and bother the fr00bs to the game..so lack of seeing them isnt becasue they are overworked from working on fr00bs.

Allthough something to note...greeters dont stay as a greeter terribbly long. typically after a short time..you either wash out.or you have promise..and you get bumped up in the hierchy. You still need to greet..but its not as hardcore..nor ..well frankly nor is is something anyone gets paid (all greeters are voulunteers anyways...to my knowledge...nearly no greeters are funcom employees..tey are managed by such.but anyone youd see appear is someon with some scripts who is trying to help.

Based on that, and the current....fluxuation of people who powerlevel, speak leet speak..and generally rude...might be the laxity upon seeing few greeters anymore.
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

The channel switching would be automated upon chosing a side or warping to the main cities. There is the problem of those that start in the Shadow Lands though.

I knew a guy that nobody knew was an ARK until one day he hit his greeter script macro by accident. I thought I'd share that useless bit of information with you.

Anyway, I'll have to agree with what some people have said. It's nice in theory, but bad in practice. There are too many idiots out there that would ruin it for everyone else. Helping people is nice, sometimes I even do it, but for the most part.. you have jackasses who'd end up telling players that NTs should max the NR perk line or that 2hb is a really good choice for soldiers.

This may or may not be a good enough reason to put it in game... but that's my theory.
    Waiting for a cure.

Is it possible to make a bot listen to a public channel like the current newbie channel, so that high levels toons can guest? This would also make it easier for us to moderate it and keep the losers off it.

I haven't heard of it being done before, just a long shot possible work around for this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12