Thread: Question concerning FPs

Question concerning FPs

Would it really be unbalanced for agents to be able to cast one FP over another (or mimic)? NCU would be a major handicap (NCU buffs would possibly have to be removed again) so I know agents cannot cast every buff in the book as I am sure some noob would quickly point out. Seriously though, is there some sort of buff combo that would somehow make agents OP if they were able to use enough buffs to fill their NCU?

I can see some fun tactics using this, but it really may be an unbalanced situation for agents so you guys have any feedback here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Would it really be unbalanced for agents to be able to cast one FP over another (or mimic)? NCU would be a major handicap (NCU buffs would possibly have to be removed again) so I know agents cannot cast every buff in the book as I am sure some noob would quickly point out. Seriously though, is there some sort of buff combo that would somehow make agents OP if they were able to use enough buffs to fill their NCU?

I can see some fun tactics using this, but it really may be an unbalanced situation for agents so you guys have any feedback here?
    the RK nanos agents have access to (and even some of the new SL ones) are very underpowered at tl7 (apart from maybe CH).

i think kink's idea of having being able to swap mimics on the fly (with maybe a short cool down) is good. the purpose would be to be able to buff, but to also use combat nanos.

at low TL, it would be quite OP...

FP MP, buff nanoskills, switch to trader, drain, reswitch to MP, buff better nanoskill, reswitch to trader and redrain more... switch to whatever and cast bada$$ nano ... that kind of stuff
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    at low TL, it would be quite OP...

FP MP, buff nanoskills, switch to trader, drain, reswitch to MP, buff better nanoskill, reswitch to trader and redrain more... switch to whatever and cast bada$$ nano ... that kind of stuff
    Make it so that only Mimics can overwrite. Something like:

False Profession: Whatever

Self Set Visual Profession = Whatever
    Self Cast Affected By Visual Profession

Self Cast Bunch of debuffs like normal

Stacking Order = 1

Assume Profession: Whatever

Stacking Order = 1

Mimic Profession: Whatever

Stacking Order = 3

Affected By Visual Profession
    Prevents the use of lower level False Professions.

Stacking Order = 2.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Well would help but woudnt fix anything...1st we lack NCUs to buff properly(even with only 2 FPs im short on NCUs with 725 NCU) 2nd as someone said on TL 7 nanos we can use are poor and outdated.

They can do that by simply put new FP after mimic let say "zomgthisisfail profession" which can be used over another "zomgthisisfail profession" with nano skills simular to TP or maybe litle less. So tl 5 couldnt use it.

But that wont happen since FC do everything on their own and rarely listen to the players and even rarely read this forum.

"Agent is statisticly best pvp profession" ROFL at that...i will name u 5 professions right now that can kill agent in duel + other professions that agent cant kill at all.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Can't really think of any ways this will be OP.

bump this dirty

ps. tho gridpains reasoning is sorta dumb. what kickass nano you wanna cast with that? doc/fixer hots? so you wanna do all that stuff with your tiny tl2 nano pool every 3 mins? have fun! totally fine with me!

Thought about this some more and cant even think of it being really THAT useful.. UNLESS we could change mimics in sneak.. being out of recharge and trying to cast a different mimic, then TMS means we'd most likely already be dead or not in danger...

Then again being able to switch from Doctor to something like Trader on the fly and try and drain someone is always neat, which would leave an agent like a sitting duck but you know hey bump for versatility.

Imagine how much youd be asked for buffs on in BS though.. lol.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

I could see some positive uses for this. You could stack defensive buffs and buff your defensive rating, then go doc for "active defense" or soldier for TMS.

You could also stack offensive / crit / etc things.

Stacking health buffs etc. I think it'd really help agents, but make sure we can still buff NCU, because as it stands NCU is tight after just self buffing / FP / TP.

I would also like to see static bonuses based on who we FP.

If we FP enforcer, i'd like to see the FP come with a certain number of max health, heal delta, perhaps run speed and NR, or maybe AAO from the challanger perspective.

If we went doc, how about some heal efficiency, - cost, and maybe max health?

Soldier would give weapon skills and AAO. Maybe a little health too.

Just things like that, the FP bonuses would only take place with whatever you were Currently FP'd as, and we could stack more buffs which would overall help somewhat turn things around for us.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    I could see some positive uses for this. You could stack defensive buffs and buff your defensive rating, then go doc for "active defense" or soldier for TMS.

You could also stack offensive / crit / etc things.

Stacking health buffs etc. I think it'd really help agents, but make sure we can still buff NCU, because as it stands NCU is tight after just self buffing / FP / TP.

I would also like to see static bonuses based on who we FP.

If we FP enforcer, i'd like to see the FP come with a certain number of max health, heal delta, perhaps run speed and NR, or maybe AAO from the challanger perspective.

If we went doc, how about some heal efficiency, - cost, and maybe max health?

Soldier would give weapon skills and AAO. Maybe a little health too.

Just things like that, the FP bonuses would only take place with whatever you were Currently FP'd as, and we could stack more buffs which would overall help somewhat turn things around for us.
    That's actually kind of interesting...

Having built in buffs to FP, coupled with whatever buffs we could cast. We might get Agents with good def or good AR!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!