Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Perk targeting and effect on Agents

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre
    I didn't bring up agent vs soldier

OT: Nerfs are bad, mkay.
    I know.
    And... agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by newarival View Post
    No way, Nerfing 4 year old game mechanics without warning is a sure way to build consumer confidence.

And Stuart's Law of Retroaction is what customer relations is all about!

All these agents posting in this thread are bound to stick around just to see who it's gonna be next!

It's so exciting knowing it could be one of the professions you reroll to.
    Or it might not be .....

*sits on the edge of seat*
    qft.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

i alrerady got a gimped 216 fixer i can work a lil on so it isnt too bad for me i spose

Ok, now I claim that The Shot change was a deliberate nerf.

"
    You start sneaking.
    You hit Contemplating Spirit with nanobots for 2800 points of projectile damage.
    You successfully perform Fuzz.
    You end sneaking.
    You end sneaking.
    "

If it was only db export problem, as Sil claimed, why only The Shot was got "fixed"?!
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalena View Post
    Ok, now I claim that The Shot change was a deliberate nerf.

"
    You start sneaking.
    You hit Contemplating Spirit with nanobots for 2800 points of projectile damage.
    You successfully perform Fuzz.
    You end sneaking.
    You end sneaking.
    "

If it was only db export problem, as Sil claimed, why only The Shot was got "fixed"?!
    Silent Plague got 'Fixed' as well which can be a touch annoying, but it wasn't so useful being able to use it on something other than your fighting target...
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Silent Plague got 'Fixed' as well which can be a touch annoying, but it wasn't so useful being able to use it on something other than your fighting target...
    Yes, another confirmation that the "fixes" were done only on the agent professional perk line.

So, Sil, how do you call if "fixes" affect only one single profession?
    Cuz, I think most players call this "nerf"....
    Vaalena o'Vipersting

Sill's statistics regarding agent kill power is right.

You know why?

Because 90% of agents are AS/zoning noobs that farm damage and get kill points.
    Sill is 100% correct when he says your kill counter is high,i saw 4 CRAP yesterday(and i really mean crap AS/zoning) agents,with 150+ kills.
    Thats after 2 days.

So tell me,do you think Sill is going to go up to each individual agent and go:

"Excuse me sir,but did you get that kill point by being an AS/zoning agent or did you destroy him with your powerful alpha?"

No,he won't.

So discussing that point is not even worth the time,because its there.

And duels were never balanced,so stop crying about balancing it around duels ;>

OT:

Too bad The Shot got nerfed,i will miss the perk i never got perked with(without MR that is)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Is starting The Shot during countdown in duels the reason for this nerf? I don't know if it could be done... maybe someone on test servers tried it?
    220/23 Agent // 220/19 Doc // 174/23 Shade // 170/22 Keeper// 165/21 NT // 160/14 Advy

BM of Komodo

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalena View Post
    So, Sil, how do you call if "fixes" affect only one single profession?
    Cuz, I think most players call this "nerf"....
    Yeah, is it just me that finds it to be hoax? I don't belive it for a second

I think it's more that the current team is out of touch with the professions.
    No offense with that to the devs but thats just how it looks.

Not only agents are going "huh" over this.

And we keep getting concealment, got entire perklines dedicated to stealth;
    - Yet they eliminating mechanics that supports it.

I think it's really inconciderate and disrespectful towards the fanbase of the agent profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    Sill's statistics regarding agent kill power is right.

You know why?

Because 90% of agents are AS/zoning noobs that farm damage and get kill points.
    Sill is 100% correct when he says your kill counter is high,i saw 4 CRAP yesterday(and i really mean crap AS/zoning) agents,with 150+ kills.
    Thats after 2 days.

So tell me,do you think Sill is going to go up to each individual agent and go:

"Excuse me sir,but did you get that kill point by being an AS/zoning agent or did you destroy him with your powerful alpha?"

No,he won't.

So discussing that point is not even worth the time,because its there.

And duels were never balanced,so stop crying about balancing it around duels ;>

OT:

Too bad The Shot got nerfed,i will miss the perk i never got perked with(without MR that is)
    Of course, the number is right. I am sure everyone that have been to school more than 5 times can see when there is 1000 or 10000 on a piece of paper.

However, for the interpretation you need more than just numbers. As I said - if you see that traffic accidents are caused 80% of the time by sober drivers, that does not mean that driving drunk is the way to go.

I insist that dmg farming huge and is a problem for everybody - both for the farmed (they are annoyed) and the agents (as this is the easiest but not fun way to get a kill).
    So that's what need fixing. Give other more fun options and agents will stop dmg farming. Pointing to numbers is just unreasonable and does not help anyone.
    Last edited by Vaalena; Mar 15th, 2008 at 15:02:49.
    Vaalena o'Vipersting

Well I guess there's your problem. Damage farming through whompas to get "uber" titles pre 17.8 has bit you in the ass.

GG.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonalethian View Post
    Skilled agents were able to start executing them on almost dead mob and transfer the effect to next one - no more it seems.
    I emailed FC about this issue some months ago, so to disable the transfering of perks (aimed for PvP).

The solution to our useless perks isn't to let us transfer them, but to diminish their execution time. Until then, I believe agents will take advantage of any dodgy mechanic that allows them to make use of these perks. PvM, I think that's alright, but not PvP.

To different type of agents in this thread.....

To those acknowledging it was an exploit and finding it not normal, good luck getting an more -normal- solution. Some perk cast times are abnormal.

To the other half who does find it normal, QQ MOAR!

Although I'm probably more mad about The Shot than the fact that a few of our SL perks are now mostly useless, this is still a lame situation and it'd be nice if funcom found a way to redo some of the times on our perks so they could actually be usable. The problem is that FC would never change some of our perk execution times because everyone seems to have the perception that agents have numerous 1s 30% DD perks at our disposal, when in reality we only have one, yes one 1s execution time big dd perk (although admittedly it is a really good one). Yet at the same time everyone also thinks that all agents do is AS/zone/farm. If agents did have all these big fast dd perks at their disposals who would choose to AS/zone over just killing someone.?
    Just some examples:
    Called Shot: Attack time 6s
    Assassinate: Attack time 5s
    Death Strike: Atack time 5s
    The Shot: Attack time 5s
    There are a few others that are fairly slow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromachina View Post
    To different type of agents in this thread.....

To those acknowledging it was an exploit and finding it not normal, good luck getting an more -normal- solution. Some perk cast times are abnormal.
    Yeh, as I said. Melee hitting kiting agents from 40m should have been nerfed, and it did.
    Most agent are fine with disabling perk-swap, I know I am.

But it makes it pretty clear Funcom has some decisions to make about agent perks. Something has to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromachina View Post
    good luck getting an more -normal- solution.
    A profession-unique solution. Something fit to agents please. The Shot used to be exellent
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Called Shot: Attack time 6s
    Assassinate: Attack time 5s
    Death Strike: Atack time 5s
    The Shot: Attack time 5s
    Nightkiller: Attack time 8s 6min recharge It even require 2 other slow perks to been used first
    Last edited by monique; Mar 15th, 2008 at 23:25:09.

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    Yeh, as I said. Melee hitting kiting agents from 40m should have been nerfed, and it did.
    lol!
    Nekrofiil: | Your smart ass thread got deleted. I feel sorry for you
    --- cut wrists imho :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Hi!
    The professionals program was my idea, I brought it up with Cosmik many many many years ago now as an idea to filter poor and inaccurate feedback from the playerbase. I've been a professional twice, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    all hail the invincible ma, you're just so amazing in pvp. will you teach me to be good like you?
    [Redliner]: What I write on forums is one thing, how I act ingame is another story. If you have any complaints about my ingame behaviour, feel free to send any AvR officer a tell

Quote Originally Posted by PooNaGe
    didnt i previously suggest i was retarded?
    you may now take it as a fact

WTB shorter execution time on our perks then heh. In the usual zergraid I can only use the AI perks and CS/Tranq, because mobs are DEAD before Pinpoint Strike lands (since you have to throw in SU+APS first to make it do good damage), let alone CalledShot/FTF.

Then, in pvp, we really really really don't have a ton of 1s execution time 30% capping damage perks available.. Really. Not.

{Edited by Natteravn: Removed flame/troll}
    Last edited by Natteravn; Mar 17th, 2008 at 07:44:34.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Cleaned up this thread drastically. Please stay on topic people and let's keep it civil.

Thanks!
    Coordinator Natteravn
    CR Forums Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forums Social Guidelines

Heh, 1st time i see trolls removed from agents thread... Thanks Natteravn

Actually we have only 2 really fast DD perks(i mean professional ones):
    Concussive Shot - 1s.
    Tranquilizer - 1s.
    Pinpoint Strike is 1s, but it require Soften Up and APS for normal damage, so it's actually 5s combo.
    Find the Flaw is 3s, but it's require APS to land, which is 3s, so combo is 6s.
    All other perks have 5s+ execution time and unusable in mass-raids(if you assisting a caller ofc), in missions and in mass-PvP(until you running around and trying to hunt 1 vs 1 or happy to use all perks in one target before it become a call for multiple players and drop in 1s).
    Finishing perks, like Assasination and Death Strike from this moment is unusable 90-99% of the time.

Perks is ~1/3 of our PvM damage, so in terms of teams, that have good DD amount and acting vs low-hp mobs we will become unwelcome, due to low damage.

The solution might be reduce execution times of our 5s+ perks to 1-3s, and chain them to combos, or reduce damage if target is a player, or increase recharge times.
    Last edited by Elengor; Mar 17th, 2008 at 10:37:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    just quoting this to show how you use pvp titles as basis of your argumentation.
    i enjoy this.

unfortunately in pvp they would be too powerful in this case imho..^^
    Just quoting to show that you use your inability to understand gamedesigning as a basis for your argumentation.
    I enjoy this
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast