Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Soldiertech - Soldier Skin For Anarchy Online

Week or 2, haha yeah... anyway school is slowing down abit so i will be working on this over the week :3
    (Lets just say i was on FC time the past months )

So yeah it will be new texture for the clean GUI, not as fun or awesome but it will mean you wont have patching problems..

So theres 2 things i want to know:

1: Do you want bigger HP/nano bars?
    2: Do you want a high rezz version? (Basically everything will be abit bigger, but look better)
    3: Is there any icon you want changed?

Random ideas are welcome!
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Can you make the button that selects which hotbar is active closer to the bar?
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Hmmm il look in to that, i could make it red also -.^

Not sure i can move it tho ^.-
    Messiah has spoken.

Ok so the forest version is starting to get done, now i just need to convert the new files over to the desert and urban (red and blue) versions and then it will be done, i will drop a post here and afew screenshots in the first post etc when its ready and up =)

Oh it will take awhile tho because i pretty much have to redo the entire urban version from scratch... Because it never existed to begin with :P

And then i think il have me and spart mess around with those 2 versions awhile in-game to make sure i haven't missed anything
    Last edited by Rktim; Oct 30th, 2010 at 10:37:21.
    Messiah has spoken.

Nice look man really looking forward to the forest version

you got a website for these things mate ?
    Last edited by Pusipose; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 13:03:21. Reason: extra stuff
    Kakadoodoo 220 Opifex MMA (Main)
    Pusipose 220 Opifex Trader (Retired)
    Robosack 216 Opifex Engineer (Retired)
    Chinpokomon2 164 Opifex Trader (Retired Twink)
    Lolnoimamp 150 NM NT (Work in Progress)

New version is finally here and out!

No website (yet ) tho..

I have noticed afew odd things but il fix em as i find them (its really hard to find 1 pixle thats wrong in one of 300+ pics)

DL link in OP

Screens:
    Desert
    Forrest
    Urban
    Messiah has spoken.

:O

Must download urban. :P
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    :O

Must download urban. :P
    qft
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Thanks! The skins work beautifully, I'm using the urban one now. Nice work!
    Pinkeltje

Your friendly little garden gnome, with red pointy hat, a pot belly and an assault rifle.

Confirm? Does this skin still work?
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Does this gui still work and if yes, how di I install it? Somehow I can't change anythin in the gui tab.
    You just got one shot, make it count.

I do not believe it still works as there has been changes to the gui such as the addition of the Funcom market, I am going to unsticky this thread for now
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

I make skins for the Default and ndGUI GUI's, and besides renaming GUIGFX.UVGA and GUIGFX.UVGI to Graphics.UVGA and Graphics.UVGI, no images seem have been removed or re-positioned, if it is 'just' a skin, with no .xml to go with it then it should still work just fine after putting it into the new directory.

It will be missing anything added after it was made like shop buttons, research sliders and depending how old the raid frames, but that won't break it per say, it'll just call those textures from the originals and break the theme in those elements until replaced/updated.

I use a Vanilla/ndGUI skin atm I made about a year ago, all I had to do was rename the files, change directories and launch, so it couldn't hurt to test it if you Soldiers wanna keep it!

Edit: To install it, on the GUI tab click the 'Open' button on the Skins line, then put the skin into the folder AO's launcher has just opened, You may need to rename the skin itself's folder to something like Soldskin (this is the folder that cotains the gfx folder and any xml files to go with it).

Back in the launcher, GUI tab, top most line, Skin...

Type in the name of the folder for the skin (For this case, Soldskin, making sure it contains the gfx folder, and it in turn contains the texture archives) Hit ok and see how you go!

I'd try it, but the link seems dead to me, I may even have a copy of it on an old hard drive, I do remember trying it out at least once.

Second edit: Found the files on an old drive and 2 of the themes work with a full default set as 'skins'. The wing textures look like it's based on an ndGUI clone though as they display out of place and as a bar that should be across the bottom, but they do work and can be fixed easily.

If anyone is still in touch with Rktim you could ask him to update it, or if you can get the files youself, install ndGUI, replace Graphics.uvga and .uvgi with the ones in the themes included only.

On a vanilla GUI you'll still get it working with a copy of the "Default" folder, but you will have to disable Wings in f10 for it to display correctly.
    Last edited by westyfu; Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:05:30. Reason: Install stuffs...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345