Thread: RE optins for lvl 75 soldier.

Cool RE optins for lvl 75 soldier.

Hi,

another returning soldier here.
    I have played Atrox, Sol and Opi soliders in the past (7-8 years ago ).
    Now I have decided to bring back my lvl 73 Nanomage (yay!) solider.

Just to keep it un-orthodox, I am planing to keep her Ranged Energy. Might mix it with SMG later, but have not decided yet.

What are the best RE options at this level?

Thank you all in advance.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

I am not sure what the "best" options would be.

If you'd wanna mix it with Pistol, you could use Ai RE gun with Burst and a Jobe gun for FA

i would forget the ranged energy becose its not worth it, i hear you wanna try something diffrent but it will suck.
    we playd ao for over 10+ years many of us, and more or less evrything is tested out.
    and some stuff dont even ned to be tested becose its just not logical that it can or will be good.

so my suggestion to you is to go pistol for jobe gun and cdr or just assault rifle

But wth.. i gues i be nice for once and share some information, even thou i dislike all professional forums becose 99% of you dont know anything.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=248626&ql=200 This is a option for you. QL 160-200 what ql you want to use depends on your pocket.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Feb 5th, 2014 at 18:20:21.

Kyr RE pistol + jobe on my NM sol, I used that with decent success and fun. The jobe was primary hand for better AR from pistol though. My end game was dread rapier + envy until I decided to go xan anger. You can also swap Kyr carbine with AS for pvp or kyr carbine for straight RE also.

I would not suggest double kyr RE pistol though for lack of specials. But again you could go straight kyr carbine if you choose. Should be easy enough to get types also. Also s7 might be option for u also later.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Thank you all.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Dukatus - Choppah

I've been pushing the upgraded Sleekblaster ( fiddle with the QL bar till you get something realistic, QLs over 200 do not exist) a bunch of times, i don't know if it would be a good fit at level 75 but it has fast specials and does energy damage like the jobe pistol, making it a better off hand than the kyr-mp5 at pre-TL6 levels. This is the AO-universe guide for making them.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post

But wth.. i gues i be nice for once and share some information, even thou i dislike all professional forums becose 99% of you dont know anything.
    That's why we have a profession forum, isn't it? Why point out to a new/returning player that "he doesn't know anything", when the only thing he asked was for more experienced peoples experiences.

@Cerber

With as much +add damage as possible, I am sure RE can do great. Even more so vs Aliens.
    If you pair a Jobe City Guard Pistol with a Kyr'Ozch Energy Pistol - Type 5, you will just have to stack up Energy damage. You will have FA from Jobe gun, and Burst+Fling from Energy Pistol. With energy aruls, damage HUD 3, Damage rings and if your economy allows it Dchest/Rbp (when that lvl comes) I believe you can push your DD pretty far.

Anyways: Good luck, and remember that the most important thing is to have fun

PS: Remember that such settupps are pretty IP heavy tho, so untill you hit higher TL 5, you might not be able to max everything you want (Evades, NR comes to mind), but if you are just doing PVM in a team, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Nophex?
    I'm Batman.

The Kyr-EP5 does radiation damage, it is the KMP5 (1h SMG) that does energy damage. This is why if you want jobe pistol and RE, the Sleekblaster C05 is a better choice, not only does it have faster burst but it shares the energy damage with the jobe pistol. With good gear the KMP5 will outperform the RE by a lot ofc.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Thumbs up

Just to clarify.

I am not a new player.
    I have lvl 220 soldier atrox with cookie cutter setup.
    lvl 200 pistolero solitus Soldier
    lvl 200 SMG opifex soldier.

All were created prior to 2007. Phats wise I have most goodies. So I was not interested in the mainstream setup. I was not sure if anything have changed item wise in the last 4-5 years. Hence I have asked for your help guys.

This is just an experiment, something to play with as everything else I have already tried ("being there, done that" syndrome ).

My next two projects are going to be:
    Shotgun solider.
    Rifle solider. (To commemorate mighty 'Muzzleloader" )

Once again, thank you all very much for your inputs. I value your opinions.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Dukatus - Choppah