Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tying up lose ends.. AO past, present, future..

Both are interesting approaches to things.. would need a bit more refinement but could be on to something here..

Damn, was gonna make a post only to see that Keldros posted my exact same idea

Bump for a combonation of Keldros' #1 and #2!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Updated!

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    You shamelessly bump yourself in hopes that FC would listen to your wisdom and see the light. Yet, you are bashing them for doing the same thing. This leaves me with: you think only your suggestions are right for the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    You shamelessly bump yourself in hopes that FC would listen to your wisdom and see the light. Yet, you are bashing them for doing the same thing. This leaves me with: you think only your suggestions are right for the game...
    You cluelessly post in every topic in hopes that it will have some small effect on others. Yet you are not reading the actual content of posts. This leaves me with: You think you have a clue but you don't.. Had you read this topic you would find out that there are many ideas from many people in one topic with pages of bumps and you are the first to post anything against. This means me thinks you are a troll with a bruised ego..

Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    Dear Sidana,

I couldn't have agreed more with you.

Kind regards,
    -Duck.
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBamsen View Post
    bump MAJOR AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrpshooter View Post
    I want to see this one hit 100+ pages damn it!

P.S. Xaun for pres! keep up the good post. (although lengthy.....they are very constructive and fc would be foolish not to take these suggestions to heart)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    *head explodes from amount of ideas*
    If even half of these were implemented it would be a miracle, but a miracle that would make the game ten times better than it is now. Big Bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callmeburma View Post
    I bump thee.
    to show support for this thread, I have placed a link in my sig
    bump 'cause this is an awesome thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandereon View Post
    bumpage for a fixed AO
    Quote Originally Posted by drusik View Post
    bump
    Yep this thread is so /fail

lol, gotta love real time forum discussions..
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    lol, gotta love real time forum discussions..
    lol login and let's do it in real time chat foo..

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    Actually Xaun,
    Here is my perspective on the Shadow Lands.

Its supposed to be a land filled with amazingly powerful creatures. Survivors of a Metaphysical Cataclysm and Mutation of millions of years. Deathless decdendance of the Xan still walk the land. Its EPIC, its about the Path to Divinity (check one of the garden key quest chat lines)... aka godhood.

The unballancing nature of the Shadow Levels have on players power is actually fitting. If you compare the character progression from 1-200 it is reasonable.. sometimes frustrating. Everyone always says.. wait to you get the the shadowlvls then things get good... good as in massive power increases very quickly.

IMO, The Shadowlands and its OP'ed ness should be for the Shadow Levels ONLY.. the shadowlevels are your walk to Divinity, Enlightenment, and theoretical Immortality. If you follow the suppositions in the storyline. By the time you ding 220 your up there on the power scale with Roch, Enel, and the other 'Divines'. It actually works in game like that.

So the best thing to ever happen to the game would be to make the path from Nascence to Pandamonium Fortress should be from 200 to 220. RK only for 1-200. Keep RK how it was Pre-SL, reduce the OP AI armor, remove the AI weapons and make them only upgrades to RK weapons and expand the tradeskill system to what it was supposed to be. Allow NTs and Engineers to work togeather to add Nano-Procs to weapons, etc. Make it alive, complex, and exciting. Leave the OP'ed stuff for the Shadow Levels because its fitting that the walking Divinity can stomp the crap outa RK stuff.

Course that would require a dramatic rethinking of the game, keepers and shades would have to start on RK. Which is actually ok. It should be reasonable to find a way to stick spirits for shades in RK. After all the new DB quest line seems to indicate the following:

Omni-tek made all the monsters and even the human morphs from RK DNA found in the ruins. That Xan Tech is prolific on RK. That there is less seperation that we used to think. Being that the spirits were part and parcell of the Xan, they are probably burried or lurking about on RK too. AO needs a renessance. A rebirth. The complete turning from cookie cutter.

I just wont hold my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mianna View Post
    Btz, I am glad I found this post as I have never in my (not sure how many yrs now) of knowing you seen you spark on something good

As for making the game rk 1-200 Sl 200-220.... Yes this would follow the line of how the game "should be" according to everything given in story lines, but it would also create a lot of the players who don't follow the storyline to pack their bags and run to WoW or some crazy easy game. I am glad that I spent the first 1.5yrs as a froob, as it really showed me the difference in leveling. RK, in storyline basis, is a lot more beautifully constructed than most people tend to take the time to realize. However, a lot of the people who remain in this game would cry without power leveling and getting to inf at ..160 I think I have seen there now... I for one can say it is a great thought when you think of all the nostalgic attributes people would take in, but it would never work for the e-peen "zomg I got this and this done way before you" people

SL in terms of storyline, would be way too easy for one at 200 if you were to start in SL at 200... they would have to cut out Nasc, Ely, etc etc.. mobs would just be..well, grey and useless... As for Shades and Keepers on RK... Keepers I can see... shades not so much. According to the prof details, the shade wouldn't be found on RK.. SL raised the shadebabies. Idk, it is a good thought of how things "should" work... would create more people doing the classic raids and fun would be great by doing so, but that would create a downgrade and we can't even get an upgrade that works >.<

PS. BRING BACK THE SHUTTLE CRASH IN THE START UP CHARACTER CREATION I loved that part =/ (even though I must admit, the very first toon I made, very first time loading up AO, I DID freak out and somehow got lost. "WTF, I crashed already? I suck !" ) ... *dum de doo...*
    Hmmm I think both of these posts are touching on something here..

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Yep this thread is so /fail
    Show me stating this thread is a failure. Please I beg you!

I wish I could show you stating anything worth really responding too but I can't yet.

Just a little reminder for Mean's team! New Engine +relaunch == win!!

<3!

Exclamation

/bump

some of the suggestions are rather good but if people start to Grind RP like they grind everythign else it will be rather confuseing to myself.

and i woul like the see the whole museum brought back too.. maybe like as a small moon colomy cause rk does have 2 moons and then they can exit into a small newbie area or w/e thats like lvl 1-5 (thoughts pending) and then in keepign with the current game wen they take the shuttle down to RK they can get shot down and experance somethign new which is the aliens level wuld be like 5-10.. then maybe a revamp of the old back yards too insted of jsut randomly spawning on one area you can spawn in different back yards like th eold days and with the backyard revamp it could be a level 10-15 area then at that level people may start to explore do missions or w/e till 20 then they can go to ToTW and progress form there, just a thought
    Your tears evoke a taste as memorable as honey.

Rerolled: 3 220 toons.

Cool

Just a little reminder for Mean's team! New Engine +relaunch == win!!

<3!
    well i think that may be what there aiminf for and maybe some actual advertisement damn it!, but new engine for the enviromentals ya? meaning with the new engine they have the engine nessesary to revamp and/or improve charater models/mess/textures which would be one hella big boost and would draw people in i bet.. and god forbid the wow kiddies may come too but if it pays FC for this update i personally wouldnt give a second thought cause over time the wow kiddies would learn to be smarter and more socially accepted then the cry baby whiners that they are :P to quote a guildie

"you can tell whos form wow and whos form AO in AoC, the people from WoW get all whiney if they dont get the loot they want"

but as i hear there is a new booster commign out that may open up more land mass on RK which is good, dont know what that will be like yet, only heard rumor and speculation. what id like to see in the future is maybe the implimentation of the 2 moons that RK has like moon townsand maybe some new weapons that are more effective there then on rk perhaps and new hunting grounds for like level 1-150 on one moon and 150-2XX on the other so no one is left out of content <3

and a little suggestion engineers are supposted to be the masters of machinery so let them beable to reprogram the Dreadloch doom balls or something, repair AP/AV/Mech or conversly hinder them or damage them.. or like give them the ability to summon anti mech rockets.. maybe cast up to 3 nanos and combine the parts so active combat tradeskilling may be a little bit of fun rather then the usual pewpew cause ith engi blockers they can get the defence needed to get close to AP/AV/Mech to beable to actually fire 1 or 2 rockets cause i knwo people unload SA BS DIMACH burst FA on anythign tabable..

also fix poor enfs, after the coon nerf they became the pincusion for every one with a capping weapon like AS and FA.

Combiend spirits for shades so we dont have to be always hotswapping twinked in spirits :E

and give fixers something usefull other then ncubuff with 20 sec pulsing root remover.. they already have free perks to put into spacial displacement 10 as it is along with their own nanos to combat the root/snares..

and iv heard rumors of knockback and fear possably being implimented in the future..this may be interestingbut only down side i would see is it makes crats even more OP cause they can already chain stun people to death.

<end of thoughts>

Gwar
    Your tears evoke a taste as memorable as honey.

Rerolled: 3 220 toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    Entering the game - The arrival hall and ship crashing were fun, Bringing them back would be nice.
    Yes,add it back pls When i started this game i said myself in crashing ship:"wtf did i wrong?Now we all die!"I didn't know it is part of AO story.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska; Oct 22nd, 2008 at 11:27:44.

Implemented Game Suggestions
    • Fix LD Status & Player Already Logged In (Part of this is done.. the team lock out is now fixed as of 17.10 Team mates who have dropped can now rejoin a team: {Xaun}
    Updated as of 17.10

Custom Org Governing Forms: by Berael (and many others)

Bump

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast