Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tying up lose ends.. AO past, present, future..

Updated:
    • Save Pets for Pet Professions "Dramatic Rethinking of Pet Professions (PVE/PVP) Fixes & Balancing Regarding All MMOs" by Xaun
    • Increase the AC Cap. Again.. by Xaun

bump MAJOR AWESOME!

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

Talking Back to the top....

I want to see this one hit 100+ pages damn it!

P.S. Xaun for pres! keep up the good post. (although lengthy.....they are very constructive and fc would be foolish not to take these suggestions to heart)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrpshooter View Post
    I want to see this one hit 100+ pages damn it!

P.S. Xaun for pres! keep up the good post. (although lengthy.....they are very constructive and fc would be foolish not to take these suggestions to heart)
    ^_^ <3! I swear if it were a vote.. I probably would be lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Player-targeted fear effects have been under development recently for hopefull inclusion in a future update. Unfortunately that surprise has been spoiled by a sneaky code issue creeping into the 17.9 update.

There is future intention for fear mechanics being introduced into pvp...but not until considerable testing and tweaking has taken place. Neither of which has happened.

We will be removing this little glitch at the first available oppourtunity...but a polished version of it will be back in the near future.
    Progress in the working CC department!! Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Progress in the working CC department!! Woot!
    Nice, I got hopes for calms and taunts, charms are too annoying (except traders as they are short term and specific).

I suggested a "clone" nano that long ago makes a copy of the enemy player for the crat to command. Working with carlo of course.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

BTW ao needs more explosions and stuff,

Spiffy particles doesn't seem to work too well, need Rk-shattering booms when Guardian of time goes sploot.

And walls that break in missions when a lvl 220 MA lands a critical roundhouse kick on a mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Nice, I got hopes for calms and taunts, charms are too annoying (except traders as they are short term and specific).

I suggested a "clone" nano that long ago makes a copy of the enemy player for the crat to command. Working with carlo of course.
    Actually I know both myself and Fixietrox have been thinking of ways of putting player charms in and I think your idea might be the best angle.. some of the ideas might actually form in to something that could be balanced and I will post it for now it is still running around in my head gathering shape..

Bump!
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

*head explodes from amount of ideas*
    If even half of these were implemented it would be a miracle, but a miracle that would make the game ten times better than it is now. Big Bump.

I bump thee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

/me tries to put Scabadus's head back together!

to show support for this thread, I have placed a link in my sig
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

bump 'cause this is an awesome thread.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeburma View Post
    to show support for this thread, I have placed a link in my sig
    awesome! Thanks! ^_^

bumpage for a fixed AO

Keep thinking of things like working CC and for charms I am kinda wondering if getting a clone of the "charmed" player in PVP would be good enough.. even if the charmed clone of the player had nothing more than basic "attack" took on a generic pet name and or was semi transparent it would still give a Crat their tool kit without enraging players whom would be able to be charmed.. My suggestion to augment the loss of perks and such that the charmed clone would maybe have say.. double the HP of the avatar that was charmed to begin with and maybe 1.5x the AR.. small boost in effectiveness that way should make it still useful depending on what is charmed.. Also each profession could have say a default special type regardless of what is being used by the player if making it have a copy of the same weapon and use the specials is too overkill in any way.

The player charmed then could have a small (not sure of type) debuff put on them until their clone was killed and have the clone have a rather short duration by comparison to most charms as a tradeoff since the crat would most likely be able to use this once every few minutes and leave a hostile nano in the persons NCU not letting them be charmed again for a duration 2-3x the recharge time of the ability at least if not more to limit the griefing value of it. (note spamming it would be utterly useless because every time you charmed a new person you would break the debuff of the charm on the last and lose the last clone as well.)

I can think of a two-part alternative for charms.
    1. the target receives a "charm" flag, which makes suppression gas of 25% or less the same as 0% for that character, as well as disabling the /assist command.
    2. Fix TAB and CTRL-TAB so they check for whether targets are legitimate combat targets, as opposed to simple alignment checks.

Charming opponents then drops hostile combatants into a free-for-all combat mode, and prevents them (and their former allies) from ignoring the new situation with a simple TAB-Q, or /assist-Q.

As a bonus, it fixes the alignment issues with pets at multifaction raids and battlestations.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jul 19th, 2008 at 21:46:18.

I didnt check all of the sugestions and stuff. But i have an ide, what about some sort of system where new players can become an aprentice of a high lvl char. and when the aprentice reach say, lvl 20, he will be asked if he satisfied with the help provided by his guardian. And if he is his guardian will be rewarded with some sort of points that can be spent on special items like for example social outfits.

Ive seen aprentice programs in other games, i just built on a bit more from those ive encounterd where you gained nothing from being the guardian and therefor made it less interesting for ppl.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast