Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tying up lose ends.. AO past, present, future..

Hmm I guess since this is one of the few flame free posts in the forums I guess another bump is in order!

Bump for great justice!
    I miss the arrival hall and the old new island

didnt ao have an intro movie? was about some chick building sand warriors then running off with a gun i think.. i lost it a couple years ago tho i think with new ao install

as for character creation imo the original one where you go from level to level clicking on stuff and finally 3 whompas was teh best

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    didnt ao have an intro movie? was about some chick building sand warriors then running off with a gun i think.. i lost it a couple years ago tho i think with new ao install

as for character creation imo the original one where you go from level to level clicking on stuff and finally 3 whompas was teh best
    Yes it did have a movie once.. I really wish they would update it

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Yes it did have a movie once.. I really wish they would update it
    There was a movie? Wish I could see it Why does it seem as if FC doesn't want any new players coming in?
    I recommended AO to quite a few friends. All of them quit before leaving noob island because it just lacked that first impression.

Yeah if you check the "Movie" link in my first post you will see a player made remix of some of the footage from both that intro and the mini-series which followed in the early days of AO.

PS: I've not been trolling this forum that much anyone found any other great "IMPARTIAL TO ANY PROFESSION" type suggestions worth adding to this thread?

PS: Updated with new Suggestion.

Newest Additions:

{Addition:Galilei
    {Wild wild west and terraforming!}

{Addition:Chrys
    {Alien Forward Assault Base/Task Force}

{Addition:Chrys
    {Level lock decay}

{Addition:Theonora
    {default settings for stuff}

{Addition: {Xaun}
    {PvP Taunting & Functional CC - Maaaaango! }

{Addition:Devictus
    {The "Tab"! ~ Customizable tabbing}

New Section Added: Implemented Game Suggestions:

{The Chicken or the Egg Syndrome ~ PVP Titles, Nerfs, Boosts, Balancing and beyond} Status: Implemented & WIP!

{A simple fix for titles...} Status: Implemented & WIP!

Updated.

I'm slowly returning to the game after a number of years and I feel that I must commend both the OP and the contributors to this post.

Excellent ideas. I haven't read through it all myself, but AO has proven to have a good enough foundation which could be utilised to relaunch the game with a facelift in terms of both gameplay and graphics.

Seriously, Funcom would be fools not to use the engine update as a plynth to ellevate AO to become a direct competitor, and if possible winner over other sci-fi land based games such as SWG.

Lastly Funcom, get that Ragnar Tornquist off his butt contemplating about The Secret World, and get him writing more of the lore in Anarchy Online! That book was awesome! hehehe.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Outdoor RP
    RP "Locations" like tower zones which can be "captured" by a RPer for 48 hrs.
    In these locations similar mob/bosses can be spawned but the "Dungeon Master" is the only one who is able to dish-out a NCU program which enables access to the area while it is owned by them. Anyone else just gets warped-out.<<<<<<

what would stop people from constantly camping these areas just so their friends could farm an item(s)? probably lock the site for a 24 hour period, that might work

also, yea, there was a movie, a long time ago, check youtube, might have a version there.

also, bonk.
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes is up to us.

Means, Game Director (2008-2011)

As long as we're on the subject of fixing long standing issues, isn't it about time the Casting System had a complete overhaul so things like Procs, Team Nanos, Auras, Environmental Effects and such didn't interfere with casting? As they add more and more systems, they cramp more and more in the way of casting and it's getting a little out of hand at this point.
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    As long as we're on the subject of fixing long standing issues, isn't it about time the Casting System had a complete overhaul so things like Procs, Team Nanos, Auras, Environmental Effects and such didn't interfere with casting? As they add more and more systems, they cramp more and more in the way of casting and it's getting a little out of hand at this point.
    Bug Fixes:

Already gotcha covered big guy!

Already gotcha covered big guy!
    Thanks, such a fundamental system to game-play really shouldn't have been overlooked the way it has been for so long :/
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....

great thing at least someone read our thread
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    I HELPED!!!!!

Bump
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....

• Upgrades for old RK items such as Edge of Tarasque.. these things could so use an upgrade.. in case you haven't noticed.. We <3 RK tech!
    Added in 17.9 Enhanced Camelot / Tarasque loot tables! More RK <3!

Thank you FC!

Wink

kewl, at least, some movement on this feild
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    I HELPED!!!!!

Bump!
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....

BUMP!
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast