Thread: Evades on engineers

Evades on engineers

Ok, so I may be out in left field on this one, but When I made my engi I maxed evades.

Right, and then I played for a whie and that was fine.

And then some time later I did full IPR and decided I would try some stuff and play with no evades.

yah, so I did that, and I never re-IP'd them.

not much difference. Not many crits, not really taking much more damage...

Ok, I only PVP, but I just realized if I got say 2300 evades+AAD, and I teamed a advy+GSF+a crat is it possible that I might dodge FA or something?

Or is evades just 100% borked on engi and it's not even worth thinking about?

In general, my setup is mix of HP gears like Ejathos/leo boot/engy gloves/ERBP rest CC, plus troaler and using IDEP atm offhand because fling is shiesty, and I also was in different setup till recently with AMEP mainhand+onehander offhand.

Engie's in full alpha+280ish EOE. I got about 18000 hp selfed and in general I haven't had much problems in PVP. I get called first because I'm a engi, and sometiems I live and most times I take damage and will continue to do so until the last omlet is exterminated. So I understand they want me dead.

So my question is: I been relying on refelct+absorb+HP+heals to live, not evades. Am I right in assuming evades not goin to do squat?

2nd question, I seen some NT's with real hard core AAD+evades gear, and I've looked at NT perks/buffs and they got just as crap evades as engies in general, but, I've been in fights where NT's are dodging stuff (on my MA, enforcer, and advy) and i'm wondering if engi went all out and say, went for a http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267261 setup for support instead of offense, and went all out for evades, is it possible that an engi could get somewhere near what was required to actually dodge something during an onslaught?

I'm soli so I could also use sphere for extra 100 aad.

Are we talking 100% PvP setup? Also, if yes, do you intend to duel?

Well, I don't play much anymore, but i only recently got a troa'ler, so a lot of my setup was based around using AMEP+onehander.

AMEP is nice because I got an easy 3200 AR setup with a fair amount of HP items due to 25% extra AR based on ME I think.

So, I was rolling with a lot of add damage items like 5 gem arul and ERBP and even a purple hud instead of scope, because the add damage was really stacking nicely on normals and making the AS's OK but not great on the onehander.

So thats the setup I WAS using, and I was mostly mass PVPing (use scope for mass PVP for +WR), and a few duels here and there.

As for the setup I'm talking about, it's 99% mass PVP, and maybe a duel if I'm bored just to try something out or whatever, but certainly I play for mass PVP and not the duels.

One thing to note is my engi is missing ACDC, and with my current schedule it's highly unlikely I'll get one.

edit, ffs, sorry mis-read, ya, I don't do any PVM, Engi is PVP 100% of the time except for PVT.

Yeah, max dodge and evade close then, duck as IP allows, but make sure you have enough not to be put into negative by remod.

The whole thing with increased crit rate on low evades is basically urban myth, but evades are still handy for 3 things: evading Carlo in a duel, evading (blinded) Rhiwen in a duel, and occasionaly in mass PvP with 79 from GSF, 200 from Adv, 1050 from Crat, you might avoid being perked by Doctors or maybe even some gimp Agents.

Otherwise don't have any items specifically for evades, its a futile. Maybe keep evade ncu for swaping when doing pet prof duels.

Engineer problem with evades is not due to lack of perks or items but IP template. Stripped naked unbuffed 220 Keeper in full perk reset still has like 500 more evade close.

Never rely on def as engi in pvp no matter how many buffs you got, HP is your friend. The more you have the better. With AMEP+OH you can get a lot more then the 18k you have. I currently got 20k self with no towers using troa+pew, so you definitely could squeeze more.
    But if you are only using engi in mass pvp, the way to go is ofab tiger for the 30% AS cap.
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    The whole thing with increased crit rate on low evades is basically urban myth
    I think it is low or negative AAD that does the increased crit rate.
    When i pop Medallion ( AAD debuff) i go from critting once in a while to chaining them ( even with only +1 crit from DB skirt) and my pets do the same.
    hmm... might as well add that my observations are from PvM and nothing else, have not spent time in PvP since the tower inspection mission went live.
    Last edited by Dogtrauma; Jul 25th, 2012 at 22:07:42.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

ok thanks. ya definitly worth having enough to not go into negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    I think it is low or negative AAD that does the increased crit rate.
    Both evades and AAD do , actually. 100% crit PvM/PvP crit when negative.

Low will still increase crits in PvM, but will not in PvP, at least not on the "low" 220 Engineer will have.