Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which LE perks should i be using?

which LE perks should i be using?

As far as I can see they all do much of a muchness the same thing. But I have to assume one of you bright boys and girls must have figured out which ones give the best bang for your buck. So come on... fess up which ones the magic combo?

Type 1
    Inspire Rage
    Malicious Rage
    Raging Blow
    Tear Ligaments
    Vile Rage

Type 2
    Bust Kneecaps
    Ignore Pain
    Inspire Hate
    Inspire Ire
    Shrug Off Hits
    Unruly Screen
    Violaton Buffer
    Last edited by Kissysuzuki; Dec 11th, 2007 at 15:16:02. Reason: Correcting my usual array of spelling and punctuation mistakes and compensating for my lack of a decent spacebar
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Tanking - Malicious Rage/Violation Buffer

Solo'ing - Raging Blow/Violation Buffer

DD'ing - Raging Blow/Bust Kneecap

PvP - Malicious/Shrug-Off Hits - Raging Blow/Violation Buffer
    Michael ''Noirhybrid'' Orion 220/30/70 ENFORCER [Equipment] RETIRED - GOODBYE FRIENDS! 1/8/2008

Husband IG to Rachael ''Zorinthia'' Orion.

First Atrox Enforcer on Atlantean to put in Ql300 Symbs and 290 Brain symbiant.

I usually use Malicious Rage/ Inspire Hate while tanking pande, u need the speed and the 5k taunt is nice should keep portal mobs/zods on you 100% even in 50+ raids where people are clearly farming dmg. I prefer Tear Ligaments/Bust kneecaps while soloing/dd imo bust kneecaps will add more dmg than violation buffer over time

I really swap around now, depending on what I need. But usually I use the challenger type procs or the rage type procs. Sometimes I'll use the taunt proc if fighting something where I can't mongo.

I find the Taunt Proc(Inspire Hate) a bit useless IMO. The taunt is half a Mongo and takes long before it procs :P I prefer Violation Buffer(HP and damage shield) for tanking anyday.
    Michael ''Noirhybrid'' Orion 220/30/70 ENFORCER [Equipment] RETIRED - GOODBYE FRIENDS! 1/8/2008

Husband IG to Rachael ''Zorinthia'' Orion.

First Atrox Enforcer on Atlantean to put in Ql300 Symbs and 290 Brain symbiant.

I go with bust kneecaps/rage, granted I don't have the HP one yet :|
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

Quote Originally Posted by Noirhybrid View Post
    I find the Taunt Proc(Inspire Hate) a bit useless IMO. The taunt is half a Mongo and takes long before it procs :P I prefer Violation Buffer(HP and damage shield) for tanking anyday.
    I don't know if it's that bad, maybe I'm just fooling myself but seems to help somewhat. But my normal type2 proc is bust kneecaps anyways.

The rages are pretty useless, unless you don't already hit for 1/1, which should be no problem with infernal rage regardless of def setting. Runspeed shouldn't be a problem in a raid that "requires" MuB, since fixer + rage + wolf is more than enough to keep up. Throw in team free movement and quickness if ya want

HP...for tanking? Not necessary (edit: meaning we don't need anymore). For PvP? More handicap? For soloing, that's the only benefit I see. Even still, 400ish HP? That's like, 1/5th ~ 1/10th of the damage of lots of mobs you would "want" to solo?

Absorbs? Unreliable in proc useage. Besides, if you want absorbs, just spam FI

Taunt proc? Why...currently in the game, there is nothing you need it for.

More damage and AAO? No downside there.
    Last edited by Lumifly; Dec 11th, 2007 at 23:52:59.

Extra NR and Nano.init from the rage procs are nice. However as is so often the case, they don't proc until it's too late :s

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    The rages are pretty useless, unless you don't already hit for 1/1, which should be no problem with infernal rage regardless of def setting. Runspeed shouldn't be a problem in a raid that "requires" MuB, since fixer + rage + wolf is more than enough to keep up. Throw in team free movement and quickness if ya want

HP...for tanking? Not necessary (edit: meaning we don't need anymore). For PvP? More handicap? For soloing, that's the only benefit I see. Even still, 400ish HP? That's like, 1/5th ~ 1/10th of the damage of lots of mobs you would "want" to solo?

Absorbs? Unreliable in proc useage. Besides, if you want absorbs, just spam FI

Taunt proc? Why...currently in the game, there is nothing you need it for.

More damage and AAO? No downside there.
    I must agree there...

I use Raging Blow/Bust Kneecaps almost all the time. (and I mainly pvp)
    While tanking I use Violation buffer or Inspire (hate/Ire) + Raging Blow (or rage proc if there is no fixer)
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Extra NR and Nano.init from the rage procs are nice. However as is so often the case, they don't proc until it's too late :s
    That is a *potential* point. From my experience, everything that relies on casting nanos winds up messaging me and complaining about our nano resist with just infernal rage. Can insta cast layers with infernal rage too. If you do get UBT'd, I could definitely seeing it being handy depending on which situation you are in. Even still, though, with infernal rage going with ubt, mongo is still insta and layers are still pretty fast.

Since BS on RK1 is usually a lot of evade classes or soldiers, I find the extra AR to be the best road for me, personally.

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    Pop on Ancient Speed Preservation Unit and you will hardly get UBT'd when rage is up also. Rage/Challenger procs is personal preference or depending on the situation. I do like the massive RS / NR buff though.
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

The rages are pretty useless
    I totally disagree but I think that's more a question of prefered playstyle. I like to go fast.

Can insta cast layers with infernal rage too.
    Not the new layer.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Sorta on-topic quick question: Do the absorb thing still overwrite Bio coon?

I've tried to replicate this on my enfo to test if it's a fact, but so far it haven't proced on me while having cocoon up.

Would be nice to know for sure cause it really makes soloing easier for me (as a 130ish enfo) in SL seeing as I don't have the HP or HpDelta to negate rage yet.
    Probably "Parthelius" Hungover 220/30/70 Martial Artist
    Muff "Parthelia" Diver
    220/23/70 Trader
    Oh "Snippetty" Snap 218/22/67 Enforcer

President of Transcendence

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Not the new layer.
    Not at full def, no. Close to though (or insta by not being completely full def)

Quote Originally Posted by Parthelia View Post
    Sorta on-topic quick question: Do the absorb thing still overwrite Bio coon?
    Yes, LE proc doesn't have any stacking order, and there is no such thing as "add absorb AC", only "set absorb AC" Don't use them :|
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I prefer to use the challenger procs 24/7. But then, I'm 2BH and feel I ought to do something to increase my damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Yes, LE proc doesn't have any stacking order, and there is no such thing as "add absorb AC", only "set absorb AC" Don't use them :|
    Are you sure? I don't have any example from the database, but I thought there was something that used an "add absorb" and not a "set absorb." I might be imagining things

It would be nice if certain things did do an add absorb, though. Something like the layers nano would need to be a "set absorb" since they can be spammed (or, have an add absorb up until X amount of times, then it stops adding). Cocoon and the dreadloch item would be a lot better if they were to "add absorb."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast