Thread: 280 Brain Troubles

280 Brain Troubles

I'm not incredibly good at twinking, so the thought of trying to do the 280 brain repulsed me before. But now that there are so many new items and people on the forum constantly say things like "300 symbs are sooo easy now, and you don't even need a burden" I thought I would see if it's a possibility for me.

Here's the setup I put together. It comes up short, but I don't know how to fix it.

Couple of things about it:
    - I only have the penumbra sanctuary key. The inferno one seems like a lot of questing for 4 points of treatment. I would like that to be a last resort.
    -There's no burden in the setup because I'm still working on getting the blue belt and other pandemonium items listed, so a burden would be months and months away. Besides, everyone says you don't need it.
    -I'm an atrox.
    -Omni on RK2 only has research health level 2 at the moment and medical level 1, so I went with health level 2.

Anyway, please be nice to me. I'm not that good at this so something you might think is a "no-brainer" may not occur to me.

Setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=86877

Quote Originally Posted by Rockempire View Post
    It comes up short, but I don't know how to fix it.
    In what area?

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=244993 Can use these in empty Util slots for 6 treatment each. Drop from randomly from regular pande mobs.

To the no BoC comments - Ignore them. Maybe for some prof/breed/symb slot combos BoC isn't needed for 300 symbs, but to many it is still very useful and needed.

You can use a Masterpiece ancient bracer instead of alien one if you wanna farm or buy it. Can also farm a spirit shroud for a better treatment back item, though I don't reccomend it.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

What are you short on and by how much? I am not a twinker myself but there is a number of things you can use to raise the skills. Really, once you get end game. They key to twinking is the little things. Those 4 points will have a big impact. Especially if you swap out a few other items.

Those pande hud items would be helpful.

http://aomainframe.com/showitem.aspx?AOID=244993

If you can get + 14 treatment, you could swap for different sleeve like Miy's Nano armor sleeve.

The higher garden key means you only need 10. The added intel will prolly drop that to 9. Those pande huds will easily make the differance. And allow you to get rid of a + treatment sleeve. Which might allow you to swap another item out. Or just be the extra treatment you need.

Don't forget all trickle down items. That trader made item for + 2 abilities, and Improved cut red tape. That will give you + 5 abilities. Don't forget Neural Stim for + 20. The trickle down along with the added wiggle room might be just what you need.

Intel

Armor http://aomainframe.com/search.asp?It...ce&Search=True

Utility http://aomainframe.com/search.asp?It...ce&Search=True

Treatment

Utility http://aomainframe.com/search.asp?It...nt&Search=True

Armor http://aomainframe.com/search.asp?It...nt&Search=True
    Last edited by Wantsumore; Nov 10th, 2007 at 23:14:31.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    You could camp a Spirit Shroud for +10 treatment. Would be easier to chuck on some ql240 ish Miy sleeves for intel/psy buffing. I got a pair of ql240s if you need to borrow sometime unless you can find some higher hehe. +12 psy/intel /ea

Also you can put in a ql300 AI bracer instead of ql250 for +2 intel.

p.s Inf keys are relatively cheap now, at 70m on market forums.
    Last edited by tradalotrox; Nov 11th, 2007 at 01:38:33.
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

Quote Originally Posted by tradalotrox View Post
    You could camp a Spirit Shroud for +10 treatment.
    +20.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Swapping out his current back item would lower the actual gained amount of treatment is what Trox meant.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

towers? org contracts?
    "Hey Chucko, that doesn't smell like mud!"

Proud General of Athen Paladins

Daddyrabbit 220/30/68 ENF (Thongmaster) Stuff

A fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.

Fill up with agi/sense stuff where you can also since that trickles to treatment, thinking mainly implant locations. You already seem to have an overflow of treatment but not enough intel, so have a look where you can swap one for another.

Bellum cloak/chest, aquarius gloves instead of capricorn and masterpiece ability instead of treatment bracer is worth looking into.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=82024 that setup works for me, I don't remember really if there was any org contracts involved though
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I was away for a few days, but thanks for the comments. I will explore the suggestions to see if I can make them work for me. Unfortunately towers and org contracts are not a possibility.

Also, I forgot to mention that I could easily find the required intelligence or treatment. Just not both at once. When I get the time to look at the suggestions I will see what I can do with it.

If I go after a spirit shroud I hope it doesn't take months like it did for my doc. My wife found one for her advy in about 45 minutes. Nerf.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Turnyourhead "Rockempire" Andcough - 220/29 Doctor Equipment - General of The Leviathan Movement
    Top "Etrier" Stepper - 220/26 Enforcer Equipment - President of Whale Tail

I spent months camping for a shroud. Then one day me and a friend decided to test the "high team lvl" thing. I went there and got a shroud after maybe 20 minutes of killing. My friend had gone afk so I left. He came back 30 minutes later. So I went back and killed a Scourge....first kill dropped a second shroud 8p lol (At team lvl 5 I think it was)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Here's how I put on the 280 brain:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=86458

Before that I had already put on the L-arm, Feet, R-arm, L-hand, R-hand and Eye (in that order). Hope that helps.
    Riczorz 220/30 Enforcer (Troxxorz/RK2)
    Riczor 220/30 Bureaucrat
    Ricmd 220/30 Doctor
    Ricmeister 220/30 Engineer
    Ricz 220/30 Keeper (Riverarc/RK2)

Expert Leveling [youtube.com]

https://www.twitch.tv/riczorz

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    I spent months camping for a shroud. Then one day me and a friend decided to test the "high team lvl" thing. I went there and got a shroud after maybe 20 minutes of killing. My friend had gone afk so I left. He came back 30 minutes later. So I went back and killed a Scourge....first kill dropped a second shroud 8p lol (At team lvl 5 I think it was)
    me and herk pwn

I'll post the setup I'm going to use to equip the brain after work*
    enforcer.

I really don't understand why everyone wants to equip a 280 brain? It's not like we will use it 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

I will use it

25 AR vs 133 NR is personal preference, they both have their uses. Extra nanoskills on the regular symb might also come in handy next patch.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    I will use it

25 AR vs 133 NR is personal preference, they both have their uses. Extra nanoskills on the regular symb might also come in handy next patch.
    It can be the difference next patch between using a scope or the nano skills attunement.

Then it becomes 25ar vs 100+NR and 15 crit (or AS scope as some prefer)
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

I will use it 8) Was just a sarcastic remark. I like my nano skills and NR as well 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu