Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Petition to allow Froobs into Guild City HQ

I'm a bit iffy about this idea because I've been a froob most of my time in AO, paying up just recently when I came back.

I paid good money to be able to enjoy the inside of Org buildings and their benefits, and part of me says "thats just bloody unfair, and is the fault of orgs recruiting moochers" but I understand perhaps this is not a very rational stance to take, so as long as the little freeloaders are locked out of the lab/control room, locked out of all benefits and terminals, and locked out of every other org building, I can just about stomach the fact the little bums are getting into the 5 star level of luxury the Org house interior provides for free while I had to dig into my wallet and pony up.

I'm still not entirely sold, something about providing even part of expansion content I paid for to froobs smacks of BS, but I can agree that org HQ's could probably stand to be more used.

But the notion it will make froobs pay up is a daft one. I was recently a froob and I can testify that not being able to use org city structures and facilities did more to make me pay up then anything. If I could have joined an org and got into the HQ theres a good chance I would have kept my money, I don't pay for sub based games on a whim after all.

It was the fact org cities were these mysterious wastes of space with apparent uses and interiors that was partly why I decided to pay.

So yeah, it might be a good idea, might be bad, as far as this suggestion goes I think I'll remain in Borealis (AKA neutral).

Frankly theres no real benefits for froobs to be allowed into buildings - if machines are locked to expansions, it's just a benefit to the org - I doubt you're paying for the game for the interiors

Would just make City's more usefull for orgs, and many orgs do have froobs - most ppl I know started as froobs, me included, and I would'nt feel cheated in any way if we could actually use the HQ for a party or a meeting.

We often invite froobs in org to join a city raid - does'nt benefit them either, exept from a litlle xp - but it's fun for them, doing something else - and alot of them actually at some point starts to pay.

The benefits from paying is phatz - not interiors

and bump

If fr00bs are such free loaders; why do orgs have them?

This is purely a social request, for meetings and parties; not for buffs.

Darn boulder, you will stay at the top of that hill!

Quote Originally Posted by onkelolsen View Post
    The benefits from paying is phatz - not interiors

wow I can't believe all of the gripping at the beginning of this thread over such a small RP point. I feel the above quote says it all. I usta be in a large org with many froobs, and it was sad that meetings/parties could never be held in the hq or pool or else we would be leaving 1/2 the org out.

bump and sign.

Kinda mixed on this idea. It really would be nice to let froobs into a couple buildings for meetings, but not use anything inside. However, froobs can always enter the skybar, since it's not actually in a building. And there's also other party places all over rubi-ka.

Quote Originally Posted by sugaholic View Post
    Kinda mixed on this idea. It really would be nice to let froobs into a couple buildings for meetings, but not use anything inside. However, froobs can always enter the skybar, since it's not actually in a building. And there's also other party places all over rubi-ka.
    I think the problem there is that not all froobs have an air vehicle.

Wouldn't hurt. Restrict the two machines (Tradeskills/Cosmetics) to paid users so the froobs can get a taste of what they're missing out on.

This would also see the end of org meetings taking place on the steps.

But rather a few of the bigger more formal orgs using the rooms designed for just such a purpose.

Edit: since this is a long old thread (And one I haven't read), my post regards the opening topic. Not whatever's being talked about now.

/signed, bumped
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Bump Bump Bump.
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Signed

Adding a surgery clinic and bank terminal for paid users would also be nice, all you need in a place to hang out, its the reason why my org currently hangs out in a backyard.

If it is passed then it could also allow gridding to the city to put you out inside the HQ. (altho still needing the grid building to retain the ammount of space on city plots)
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast