Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Petition to allow Froobs into Guild City HQ

I agree
    President of Perfect Storm
    http://psorg.clangrid.com/main.asp

And tomorrow Froobs want free access to SL items? No thx, debump.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

This is paid players asking for this.

*bump!*

Agree with the next post ... and ... it was not a problem to include Notum Wars in the small client.
    Last edited by Jenshai; Apr 16th, 2008 at 15:18:15.

The Problem I see is that AI was released before the advent of the froob accounts. This means at the time the Vast Majority of players had expansions since you paided the same price per month with or without AI (making it worthwhile to just pick it up.)

Now you have free players, and the existing content which was introduced using one mindset hasn't been updated to reflect the new state of the game.

Move the clinic downstairs, and make the elevators to the War Room and Lab require the player to have AI to use. So a froob can grid in and out of a city to attend Meetings in the meeting room and parties in the bar as the rooms were intended.

Since the advent of the froob account no one wants to use these rooms in their HQ because to hold a meeting a say "Sorry, no froobs allowed to the meeting" is stupid.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

bump
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

Yes what a great idea!

BUMP

hey why dont we petition to allow froobs access to other alien invasion features without actually paying for the expansion or a subscription charge!!!

they should also be able to use perks too, see'ing as shadow lands is so old now!

Quote Originally Posted by Schluups View Post
    Wanna pay for the browser you use? Wanna pay for google? etc etc etc?
    Sometimes going free is what keeps companies running and... actually making lotsa cash.

Didn't it occur to you that to be able to post here you need to be paying?
    Didn't it occur to you that plenty (most?) of us work?

Didn't it occur to you that froobs, by seing the advertisements and some upgrading to SL etc are actually keeping your game alive?

No, they aren't "entitled" to it. But most of us would still love to see froobs access sl, at least if it's good for the game... and those are suggestions, just telling fc what we find totally acceptable, desirable.

Your pesky account fee is just a drop in the ocean.. plenty of those are needed. Plenty people leave the game and plenty are needed to keep it alive.

Froob lub is also something that makes fc look good, and plenty of us enjoy supporting (by our pesky fees) such companies.
    New free offers are also a big occasion for fc to launch advertisements with a "new" sticker on them.
    Froobs dont keep the game alive. FC relies on froobs who switch to paid accounts - not staying froobs

Froobs are a drain on server bandwidth - nothing more.

Froobs should stop whining - they are getting to play an MMORPG for free - i dont see WoW, SWG, EQ or LoTR doing this... do you?

Be happy with what you get or get your wallets out - simple as.

Giving froobs AI, SL or LE features is just a slap in the face to loyal customers who have paid for the game for years.

Subscribers keep this game going - not froobs.

Yay this again.
    Let them in, let them in and let them buy from my shop to.

Quote Originally Posted by warrioro View Post
    Froobs dont keep the game alive. FC relies on froobs who switch to paid accounts - not staying froobs

Froobs should stop whining - they are getting to play an MMORPG for free - i dont see WoW, SWG, EQ or LoTR doing this... do you?

Giving froobs AI, SL or LE features is just a slap in the face to loyal customers who have paid for the game for years.

Froobs generate money for FC ...

FunCom has an advertising agreement with Massive. I'm sure they get paid based on the volume of exposure they give to the ads. More Exposure, More Money. Froobs increase exposure thus increasing FC bottom line.

Giving a Froob access to the Inside of the Building, but not any of the benefits of that building, is not taking away from any payed players 'advantage' they gain by paying.

If you give a froob the HQ city buff, Yes, problem. If you let the froob into the HQ so they can attend an Org meeting, No, no problem.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

bump, i agree froobs must be able to attend meetings inside the HQ and hang out in the bar.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by warrioro View Post

And if froobs are locked out of everything fun in the game then they won't switch and won't tell their friends.

What's wrong with just being inside the org HQ? Lock all the actual AI content in there and it's just a convenient place to hang out.

Oh, and don't you dare talk to me about loyal customers. I've been playing this game for as long as you have (forum join dates, anyone?) and I still don't have AI or LE. I'm just as loyal as you are, and I hardly find this a slap in the face. I know I don't deserve to use the plastic surgery machine and do city raids and use the city grid terminal, since I never bought the expansions, but I think I deserve to at least see the inside of the HQ. If it's cool enough I might consider getting the post-SL expansions.

*Bump*

Fr00bs are:

• Tax cuts
    • Potential paying customers
    • Advertising revenue (under used, yes)
    • Word of mouth advertising.
    • More people to talk to and play with in a shrinking game population.

*Bump*

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.

Thumbs up

/signed

I forget about the Org HQ, simply because it stays deserted all the time.
    Oh, wait: It's because we can't have org meetings inside and expect everyone to be able to come in.
    There ain't much wrong with adding a few meshes to let them come in, and actually have an org meeting in the HQ (especially in CAV or EFP or somewhere else way out in the middle of Super Middle-of-Nowhere!) without worrying about the occasional stray 130+ level mob wandering in and trying to kill our lowbies (since I usually attend most meetings with my Lv 65 or Lv 47 characters, so I won't be as distracted).

It's not like we're trying to give them free AI everything. Just let them in the door, out of the rain and ichor.

This, to FunCom, we implore.

Also, ye olde bumpe.

I just bought AI and I still support this. It'll take all of an hour to insert the expansion lock tags on all the stuff inside, and another two to slip it into 17.9

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast