Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Petition to allow Froobs into Guild City HQ

froobs dont need anymore then what they have access to right now.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Bump to let the froobs into the HQ.

Just add a "Must have Alien Invasion" req on the tskill machine and the Clinique Plastique (if not already there), and "Must have Lost Eden" on the OS machines (although I think that's already there).

If I were a froob again, being able to see the org hq would definately entice me to buy the expansions (seeing it for the first time is such a "Whoa... " experience).
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

I am not impressed. The hallway is tacky and if you turn around it looks the same from either end only the grid point gives you a clue.

The conference room is basically in ICC but not secure.

The HQ stands empty because we can't all use it.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Bumped!
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ the Fixer
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Hit me once, Shame on you.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Hit me twice, Shame on me.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQHit me thrice, aww crud *meep*
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Qwayke

Bumped and signed by our entire Org
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

Question

I think this is long and involves enough people that we should be hearing some reasons on why it is not being implemented.

Is this being read by anyone from Funcom?
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide

(Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Quote Originally Posted by Compulsive View Post
    They can play for free if they want just not in Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, Lost Eden since WE PAY FOR IT.

If funcom gives them paid content for free hell i want it for free as well.

If certain ppl want froobs to have paid content then they can go pay their accounts for them, but again i don't see anyone rushing to do that, now do i?

Thanks
    All your bitterness about your beliefs on a welfare system shine through nicely, but your argument is way off base. We want this not as a benefit to froobs, but as a benefit to all orgs who have any kind of rp and/or social activity. The HQ as an org meeting place are USELESS until we can get all our guildmates access. and again, it's something thats more likely to act as a nice advertisement for froobs to upgrade and get the paid content. Pull your conservative head out of your arse, no ones trying to take your tiny , hard earned paycheck, Ebaneezer Scrooge.

Bump.

I'm tired of having to sit on the grass or benches for an org meeting so that anyone who's froob can join in... If you don't want them to have AI/LE content thats fine lock down the good toys in the HQ. However, denying them access to a building belonging to an org that they are a member of, and possibly pay upkeep credits to, is wrong. They should have access to the grid and the bar and the dancing leets, just like everyone else. Besides, it might convince them to pay that lil wage.

o.O What... you don't have dancing leets in your org HQ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond
    Many hamsters died to bring you this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    (Yes, it is scary when walking into a mish and knowing where the item is - and then realising it's a restaurant, it's RL and you'll get in trouble for whacking that waiter over the head with a hammer.. )

I pay 50 million credits a month for a building most of my members cannot use ...

Make the Plastic Surgery Clinic require AI to use
    Make the Trade Skill Machine require AI to use...
    DON'T make a door require AI to use...

This is a RP / Meeting Fix. This change will be like anything else in AO. After the update froobs will flock there to oogle the building, soak it in, then realize there is nothing there for them and likely never return unless they are asked to.

Omni-Trans Approves This Post
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

signed
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Bump on priniciple.

Do I hear protest marches? >;P
    Role Playing guide

i think a reason why they can't do this is because those froobs with the small client would crash loop upon trying to enter, were they allowed to do so.

true enough but the answer to that is simple. add the meshes for these places to the small client.

the textures and meshes for the meeting room are already there (club ICC formerly ICC meeting hall)

I completely agree with this idea.

Organization cities are often empty and under used since at least part of their population is froobs and some would rather not treat them socially are second class gamers simply because they cannot or will not pay for the game. Instead, we have to avoid using the better facilities offered by our AI cities and have meetings on the steps or in some secluded backyard.

Allowing Free Account players to access the interior of these buildings without giving them the benefit of the content of the buildings (plastic surgery, lab, attack terminals) would be an excellent way to increase the usage of the cities and allow froobs to feel more included in the org.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

bizzzzump
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

*bump* and with it...

Make the player cities part of the game as static items that update every, week or two weeks to reduce that infernal lag.
    Role Playing guide

/signed
    Dr. "Camatrid" Brotzler ----> 183/18/36 Doctor -- Atlantean

*bump*

AO / FC... do you look at this forum anymore?
    Role Playing guide

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast