bump
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

Quote Originally Posted by Compulsive View Post
    What giving them NW for free wasn't enough, How about welfare system for froobs that's a good suggestion >.>

um what? what does that possibly have to do with giving froobs access to the HQ for meeting perpuses? not the machines in side just the building.

Bump...even allow them into the sl... just not team with sl toons, nor equip most of the stuff.

That way:

- they can see lots of the stuff out there (and maybe buy the addon).
    - they will have to fight harder for their xp since not teamed with the ubah or high level toons... and will be using second category stuff... so we can enjoy bragging.
    - lots of regions are lowly populated... froobs could help fill teams.
    - they can come help... currently most of difficult tasks are in the sl, meaning froobs don't get a huge sense of belonging to the orgs coze they can't come help.
    - we will be able to have fun inside the sl with our froob toons... wanna see stuff such as: "first froob doc to solo ado heck" etc .

Maybe a foolish idee... mostly trying to point that, as for companies working on the internet, scales economies are such that, giving can earn you... allowing for more investments.

Anyway, gogo froobs!!
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

yes, you can make them enter SL but not get xp in it
    just something to make them see what they are missing.

Just spawn a full set of ql300 nodrop AI armour in their inventory. My bet is half of them will order SL+AI

Quote Originally Posted by SF_MileWorf View Post
    yes, you can make them enter SL but not get xp in it
    just something to make them see what they are missing.
    Or that ^^

I don't think froobs are entitled to a goddamn thing other then what fc already welfared them.

Let them in sl to look around rofl..Send me the drugs your on please.

How about get a f**kin job and pay for it, that sounds good to me.

I don't think froobs are entitled to a goddamn thing other then what fc already welfared them.

Let them in sl to look around rofl..Send me the drugs your on please.

How about get a f**kin job and pay for it, that sounds good to me.
    Wanna pay for the browser you use? Wanna pay for google? etc etc etc?
    Sometimes going free is what keeps companies running and... actually making lotsa cash.

Didn't it occur to you that to be able to post here you need to be paying?
    Didn't it occur to you that plenty (most?) of us work?

Didn't it occur to you that froobs, by seing the advertisements and some upgrading to SL etc are actually keeping your game alive?

No, they aren't "entitled" to it. But most of us would still love to see froobs access sl, at least if it's good for the game... and those are suggestions, just telling fc what we find totally acceptable, desirable.

Your pesky account fee is just a drop in the ocean.. plenty of those are needed. Plenty people leave the game and plenty are needed to keep it alive.

Froob lub is also something that makes fc look good, and plenty of us enjoy supporting (by our pesky fees) such companies.
    New free offers are also a big occasion for fc to launch advertisements with a "new" sticker on them.

Why the hell shouldn't someone play this game for free if they can? It's not like the servers can't handle the amount of players. I wouldn't dare to think how empty the cities would be if there weren't any froobs. And Tara wouldn't be the same without dfens stealing all my loot!

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Why the hell shouldn't someone play this game for free if they can? It's not like the servers can't handle the amount of players. I wouldn't dare to think how empty the cities would be if there weren't any froobs. And Tara wouldn't be the same without dfens stealing all my loot!
    They can play for free if they want just not in Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, Lost Eden since WE PAY FOR IT.

If funcom gives them paid content for free hell i want it for free as well.

If certain ppl want froobs to have paid content then they can go pay their accounts for them, but again i don't see anyone rushing to do that, now do i?

Thanks

Whoa people you are completely derailing this thread. The topic was not give them SL or any of this other crap. It's let them go inside the org headquarters with us. It's a completely social thing and has no affect on actual game play. What does it hurt? No one uses them and most of the time they are empty any way except for people going in to do air strikes. Froobs wouldn't be able to do airstrikes btw because that is one of the terminals which would be disabled.

SL is an entirely different story and if you want to open SL to everyone then start another thread. That discussion is off topic in this thread.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Bump for lettin em inside hq

They can play for free if they want just not in Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, Lost Eden since WE PAY FOR IT.

If funcom gives them paid content for free hell i want it for free as well.

If certain ppl want froobs to have paid content then they can go pay their accounts for them, but again i don't see anyone rushing to do that, now do i?

Thanks
    You're acting as it somehow it will disadvantage you if froobs get allowed into org HQs, what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    You're acting as it somehow it will disadvantage you if froobs get allowed into org HQs, what this thread is about.

Won't disadvantage me one bit i don't have froobs in my org nor do i want them, If they want to go in they can pay for AI like everyone else did.

This is a pretty ridiculous suggestion. Froobs don't need access to org city buildings nor do they need access to SL. You seem to forget that people pay money for this content. Froobs get access to classic AO content and a lot of new things that were added since the froob program started... for free. They don't pay a dime. Froobs have access to more, better, and free content than veteran players paid for 5 years ago. Why should they get more for free?

I also don't see the point in giving them access to SL/city buildings. Do you have a lvl 200 froob that you'd like to farm pearls on? Or do you want to let your froob friends experience the fury and excitement of ely heck kiting and spending 30 minutes of their lives in yet another inferno mission?

Using it as an advertisement gimmick is also pretty lame. You'd think that seeing all the 220s running around loaded down with phatz would be a good enough reason to make them want expansions. I also don't see how access to AI buildings is going to make them want to pay for it. They already know about shops, tradeskill buff, OS, etc. Showing froobs these devices won't change a damned thing.

A bit more on topic; giving froobs the ability to enter AI buildings just to have people in them is like inviting homeless people to a house party so your lame kegger doesn't seem so empty.

In closing, if froobs want access to expansion content, they can get a visa card and make payments for the game. And believe me, if they do want that content they will.
    Last edited by Mostadio; Sep 14th, 2007 at 03:29:57.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by smokexjc View Post
    Whoa people you are completely derailing this thread. The topic was not give them SL or any of this other crap. It's let them go inside the org headquarters with us. It's a completely social thing and has no affect on actual game play. What does it hurt? No one uses them and most of the time they are empty any way except for people going in to do air strikes. Froobs wouldn't be able to do airstrikes btw because that is one of the terminals which would be disabled.

SL is an entirely different story and if you want to open SL to everyone then start another thread. That discussion is off topic in this thread.
    True, my wrong.

Anyway, bump for whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    This is a pretty ridiculous suggestion. Froobs don't need access to org city buildings nor do they need access to SL. You seem to forget that people pay money for this content. Froobs get access to classic AO content and a lot of new things that were added since the froob program started... for free. They don't pay a dime. Froobs have access to more, better, and free content than veteran players paid for 5 years ago. Why should they get more for free?

I also don't see the point in giving them access to SL/city buildings. Do you have a lvl 200 froob that you'd like to farm pearls on? Or do you want to let your froob friends experience the fury and excitement of ely heck kiting and spending 30 minutes of their lives in yet another inferno mission?

Using it as an advertisement gimmick is also pretty lame. You'd think that seeing all the 220s running around loaded down with phatz would be a good enough reason to make them want expansions. I also don't see how access to AI buildings is going to make them want to pay for it. They already know about shops, tradeskill buff, OS, etc. Showing froobs these devices won't change a damned thing.

A bit more on topic; giving froobs the ability to enter AI buildings just to have people in them is like inviting homeless people to a house party so your lame kegger doesn't seem so empty.

In closing, if froobs want access to expansion content, they can get a visa card and make payments for the game. And believe me, if they do want that content they will.
    the SL thing is just ill thought out, and i personaly would not agree with it.

as for org citys, come on man your analogy is just bad. these people have been invited to the kegger they just cant get through the bouncer at the door. all we're asking is the bouncer let them in so the kegger does not have to move to the parking lot of your building.
    Last edited by mrpokeydelta; Sep 14th, 2007 at 23:56:46.

/signed

I pay for the game and I would like fr00b in the HQ.

I would like to be able to do things socially in there that involves ALL the members of my organisation and anyone else we want to invite in.

As I said, otherwise, it is a waste of space.

My signature has more, I made those posts before Mega directed me here.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

One of my toons is a president of small (but growing) org. wtb froob HQ access.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

Quote Originally Posted by Elsix View Post
    wtb froob HQ access.
    Have your destitute org mates give you their login and go buy their expansions, then they can go in

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast