Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Petition to allow Froobs into Guild City HQ

I have to work for my money and i work in that time, when the above ppl enjoy gaming for free. Work is something, where you have to do some things for anyone else and get a reward in the form of real cash.
    No offence, but I played as a froob for a year. I worked the whole time. I also had a kid in and out of hospital which ate up most of my time and money and prevented me from having a "real life". The drawback to the froob account is that I played a much smaller game than a paid player. Less features. Fewer playfields. Slower advancement. Sub-par advancement. Sub Par Equipment. Sub Par nano's. 200 was my level cap. etc etc etc.

Your only advantage over mine back then is that your RL has more free money and time than mine had. Sorry, but it's a dumb argument.

As for being OT: Lets all remember that changing all this takes time and work of Devs. Buildings would have to be unlocked and all terminals etc would also have to be locked so that froobs couldn't take advantage.

Undoubtably this could be done. I rather doubt FC are really opposed to it because it's all that stuff stiitng there luring a froob to become a paid player, and it's right there in front of them. It's probably a decent tradeoff for the "lure of the unknown" as to what's behind that door they can't get through.

However, when attaching priority to who has to do what, where does this rank? Froobs can now enter this building and have a look but otherwise the game is unchanged. The same effort could be spent coding/entering data for something that improves the overall game like pet pathing, mob AI, new items, instances, playfields and other features.

What it all comes down to probably is this: the majority of players are going to have to want this pretty darned badly in order to give it some priority amongst all the other things going on. I can't see that ever happening tbh. I'm all for it if it can be squeezed in somewhere along the line, but I don't think it will ever happen.

I actually see going back to Rubi-Ka as going home in a sense when I return there. Going back to Newland is going home after going on a long mission into the Shadowlands. Why? Because there are people and friends there that I don't see in the Shadowlands. Why? Because either they're froob, use the other sides garden, use a garden in a different playfield than me, or are doing something other than SL atm like LE.

I would like to see going back to my player city as going home. Going back to where all my org mates are.

raw_fox may be convinced of what he/she said, it's still bull****.

pay or not doesn't exclude you of nolifing or not.

be froob or extensed doesn't magically turn you from dirt to gold.

if you think so you're an ass and a wrong elitist.

if you can't get that free players are keeping this game alive as much as paying customers you're just dumber than expected.

end of it.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

then again till FC turned the ICC thing into "club ICC" you could have held you meetings in there and had about the same affect, granted your not at your org house but it looks the same.

Please consider this request.

edit-
    If this cannot be changed, could you please make it so they could enter buildings when teamed with an expansion player?
    Last edited by latradeja; Sep 1st, 2007 at 15:20:20.

raw_fox may be convinced of what he/she said, it's still bull****.
    so it is bullshet, to pay for things you wanna get ... well, true, it is, but to pay for anything, was not my idea, as it is pretty old.
    To confuse you more, i am pretty not convinced of the idea, that you can buy a live with money (i.e. a car, software, love, ..) but this is, how the world functioned and it is bad, soo bad. WTB a solution for this first...
    Out of all discussion is, if you wanna get something, you have to pay for it, even if personally i found that the worst shet happend ever on planet earth or not. All problems we got here are made by money ... suxx pretty well, doesn't it !?

pay or not doesn't exclude you of nolifing or not.
    be froob or extensed doesn't magically turn you from dirt to gold.
    if you think so you're an ass and a wrong elitist.
    Well, i am glad, not to think so and btw, i am ages away of being an elitist, as i dislike that pretty mutch, too.

God damn, since 2 days this thread wont go out of my head and belive me, i made some serious thoughts about this topic. I talked to some ppl, fr00bs, subscribers as well as half subscribers without AI expansion.

Within this, i found on the one side, that the conception by FC around AI has a bug, even if it is an emotional bug. They give us a headquarter, a superman`s fortress of solitude (love that slang), a home, as Chris already said - for ALL orgmembers - but with AI expansion
    Thats the way, to split communities

On the other side, i found, that the registration procedure needs a rework !
    Too many expansions in too many different offers with too many different conditions. Who the hell has an overview, on what times it is cheaper offered for what achievement is set to, if its a birthday offer, a release party offer or simple a cheap day !?

WTB a petition, to unit ALL expansions to a "expanded AO" or to a "classic AO". The actual expansion jungle is terrible.

Finally i came to the end, that the current conception is the main reason, that we fight here for our meanings about such peanuts. Let us cut the problems by the root please and don't fight about things, that result out of a missconception.

If we all want this game going and growing, it needs money. We can ask Michael Jackson to pay some millions to FC so we can have it all for free, but FC needs some money, so they can pay the developers, the hardware, the taxes and the flight to the USA for Sil and Phar. It is rubbish, to believe, there is any1 who will make it for us, so we have to pay !

To finalize this i came to my personal result (get your weapons on ):
    Make only 2 Forms of AO - a subscribed (get it aLL) and an unsubscribed (RK only).
    Make it cheaper ! No extra costs on subscribing to AO and reduce the monthly fee.
    And damn, rework the fr00b concept. If a player is able to join an organisation, he should pretty get all the advantages out of it, including the city boni and all other functions, a organisation has. That could mean (omg) by reversal conclusion, that fr00bs are not allowed to join an org. Ouch ...

I hope you understand the view over the edge of the plate. It is not simple "open HQ for fr00bs" for me, it is a conceptional bug what i would like to see changed.

I would like to see going back to my player city as going home. Going back to where all my org mates are.
    Thats it That is exacly, what we all want, a united community !

Well, i am glad, not to think so and btw, i am ages away of being an elitist, as i dislike that pretty mutch, too.
    We could have just misread what you were saying earlier.

Since 2 days this thread wont go out of my head and belive me, I made some serious thoughts about this topic. I talked to some ppl, fr00bs, subscribers as well as half subscribers without AI expansion.

Within this, I found on the one side that the conception by FC around AI has a bug, even if it is an emotional bug. They give us a headquarter, a superman`s fortress of solitude (love that slang), a home (as Chris already said) - for ALL orgmembers - but nerfed it by requiring the AI expansion. Thats the way to split communities.
    Exactly. And my name is Joe btw.

On the other side, I found that the registration procedure needs a rework!

Too many expansions in too many different offers with too many different conditions. Who the hell has an overview, on what times it is cheaper offered for what achievement is set to, if its a birthday offer, a release party offer or simple a cheap day !?

WTB a petition, to unit ALL expansions to a "expanded AO" or to a "classic AO". The actual expansion jungle is terrible.
    Agreed, if you buy the highest expansion, you should get all expansions that were released before that. Simple.

And rework the fr00b concept. If a player is able to join an organization, he should pretty much get all the advantages out of it, including the city bonuses and all other functions an organization has.
    I don't agree with you completely here. What I think is that they should be able to go in to the buildings. This does not make their characters stronger. It just keeps them from being separated from us in a non combat situation. The way I see to fix it is this: Make it possible to enter all AI buildings. Make all AI terminals usable to subscribers of AI only. Make them all like the GMS terminals in Borealis, Athens, Newland, etc.

That could mean (omg) by reversal conclusion, that fr00bs are not allowed to join an org. Ouch...
    I seriously doubt they would do that lol as it would divide the community even further, make even more people angry, and cause a large part of the AO community (froob and subscriber) to quit entirely. That is almost as cruel as when the Allied Countries built the wall of Berlin after WW2.
    Last edited by smokexjc; Sep 6th, 2007 at 05:44:17.

Bumpy
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

up for the froobs
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Froob love! bumpy

Wonderful idea and one you have my support on.

/signed
    -:Neut for life & damned proud:- President of RK ShadowS

Enigmatia - TS'n Advy 218/17 | Auryin - NT 145/7 | Traumatizing - Enfo 150/11
    The Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry would like to congratulate the following couples:
    Darkirmi and Enigmatia - Valentines '07

Holidays with the Shadows 08!

Bump!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

bump!signed!what ever!
    froob make this game playable (hey can get fg/ES/wrangle/rc/mocham)
    give em some lub!
    Awarded 1 pts:
    You have received a warning at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board
    Awarded 1pts:
    You have received an infraction at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board

bump

As many have stated above me ^, without the froobs program existing.. AO wouldn't be what it is now.. regardless of the lag issues or what not.. the vast majority of us at one point.. were froobs.

I know from my own stand point that it bothers me not being able to hold an org meeting inside the HQ, or a leadership meeting in the 'Board room' .. for some of my Generals and SC's are froob like. Not to mention the nightclub we rarely utilize (opting for the outside cafe) because the froob org members can't join us in there.. which sucks for lack of a better word since we decorated it real nice lol

From a RP point of view, holding org meetings outside on HQ steps can be nice when it's sunny out, but when it's raining, it kind of dampens the mood (pun intended maybe?) I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.. I'm not saying that non-paid accounts should get the benefits that paid players do, but giving them a glimpse of what they can have if they pay, call me slow.. but that's just good marketing.

/bumped x2

Yea we gots lava lamps and hanging lanterns and nice paintings and leet speakers and a party pole on the stage even a Philip Ross dartboard. I think the Philip Ross thing started as a painting too but any way.

Bumpy
    Last edited by smokexjc; Sep 8th, 2007 at 22:29:58. Reason: Pew pew wtb btw dart shooter.

lol :P /bumped again ftw

WTB bar tender for the club. PST Starting at 100 credz/day.

What giving them NW for free wasn't enough, How about welfare system for froobs that's a good suggestion >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Compulsive View Post
    What giving them NW for free wasn't enough, How about welfare system for froobs that's a good suggestion >.>

Again...
    This thred is not just for the froobs
    The way it is now, everyone loose.
    I can't use what I pay for as long as half the org can't come in.
    Bumping again.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast