Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Petition to allow Froobs into Guild City HQ

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    btw, did they told you already, that all fr00b accounts are closed at 1.1.2oo8 ?
    I doubt it. The froob program is one year at the time. It was suposed to close 1.1.07, 1.1.06, and so on.
    I doubt that they will close it this time.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

/signed this great idea

i am sorry, i am not with you here, i am against that idea.
    Keep out fr00bs from any payed content, too many kids here already.
    Too many ppl here already, who can not loose anything, but get much fun in troubleing others.
    This Game is allowed to be played from 18 years on, in some cases allowed (and payed) by the parents.

Its not nice, to make a meeting inside and let your fr00b org mate outside, thats true, but open more payed content for fr00bs is a bad way in my eyes.

A solution can be by making the AI expansion cheaper on a monthly base, maybe by being an AI-Subscriber (3.-$/month?) so you get people into this game, who can handle a real world contract and not that much 8-16 yrs old "can i have this and gimme that" folk. Ya i know, not everyone is like that ^^

Whats the problem in getting an expansion ?.. the "must pay every month with no return" option ?.. well, there are lots of games arround, that are totally free and AO Classics, what is also totally free, is perfect, to give the ppl a good view of the game so everyone is free to subscribe or not.

btw, did they told you already, that all fr00b accounts are closed at 1.1.2oo8 ?
    Actually, in my experience, froobs are usually much more mature and enjoy the game much more than paying subscribers.

And how is this bad for payers? "Oh no they get access to a location in which they can do nothing but hang around" Maybe they even get a look at the lab and think "oooh, me wants".

Mainly this is an RP suggestion, and as such will probably not be even listened to.. When there is a meeting room inside the HQ RP orgs would, I guess, love to use it.. But as many of us RP orgs have froob members they can not access it and can therefore not, naturally, have the meeting inside. Would it be so bad if they are allowed inside the HQ and Swimming Pool for social and RPing occasions? Would this be giving froobs too much?

I could understand the problem if someone suggested that they get to use the lab and the orbital strikes and such.. but this is simply a request that they can be able to -enter- the building and not be able to use any of the nifty items inside.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

I second the proposal (and I always supported similat ones).

The Org HQ is the House of ALL org members!
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

bump again, allow the froobs to see the superman's fortress of solitude

bump!!! but can't sign

signed
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

NO! Against.

A similar Suggestion was also made in the German Forums.

Here the link just in case u r interested: http://forums-de.anarchy-online.com/...ad.php?t=51548

Why?
    This idea would make it so that us anoying rp'ers would use the city instead of having our meetings in places like outside Neuters. It's win, win. Good for pvp'ers and good for rp'ers.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Why?
    Nothing against ppl, that have no live.
    Nothing against ppl, that have no income.
    Nothing against ppl, that have no job.

BUT

I have to work for my money and i work in that time, when the above ppl enjoy gaming for free. Work is something, where you have to do some things for anyone else and get a reward in the form of real cash.

Why dont ask in the supermarket, to pull and push the shopping carts together for a little reward ?
    Why dont ask around the neighbours for washing theire cars for a little reward ?
    Why dont ask arround for cleaning windows or cutting the grass in the garden for a reward ?

WHY DONT MOVE YOUR BACKYARD FOR MONEY ?

With money you can do all the nice things, this (real-)world gives you, but with no live, no job, no clue, sorry, there is no way in the HQ then.

What a big deal is that, to monthly pay some dollars for a game, where ppl spend hours and hours on, where ppl drink liters of beer or smoking the shet ouf of the head ?!

The biggest bumpers doesnt seem to be able, to get a very little minimal job to get the credz together for this game but they waste time and time and time on Rubi-Ka, canceling RL completely (whats also a nice idea sometimes ) and take this onlineworld that kinda serious, but not being able to pay 13.-$ a month.

pff... kids are like that, and some retards are too.

Ofcause i wanna see everyone in the org being at a meeting, but hey, why ?
    Only to feel as a part of the completeness, feel to be taken serious with your org ?
    So if anyone is not able, to make these minimal system requirements possible by getting some ridiculously money for the complete fun, do i really have to take that serious ?

I really dont wanna blame anyone here, but the rules are clear - no arms, no cookies.

Yes i know, there are lots of dirty problems in real life and unique ppl get unique problems, but to give up in rl and bump here for "we wanna go inside the HQ" have to clear some things outside of RK tho.. at least thats it, what i found in my book.
    The message is MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

I`m sorry Chris, the org HQ is the House of ALL members with AI expansion and yes, im very tired of meetings outside the HQ.

First off, I know alot of these "bumpers" and most of them are paying subscribers which means they probably have jobs.

We just want to be able to have a meeting with ALL the members of our orgs inside the player cities which we pay credits to have but can't use because having meetings inside would be searating us from our froob friends and giving them no say in the activities we partake in thus isolating them and making them not want to play the game.

Making them not want to play the game would guarantee that they won't want to become paying subscribers. lol That should be obvious.

BTW why are you trolling slinging out insults and trying to start a flame war? Do you not have a life? You don't have anything better to do with your time? Go play the game for crying out loud if you don't want to help us do something constructive. If you disagree give us some valid reasons why because you haven't given us any valid reasons why this would really be a bad thing. And please stop talking gibberish so I can actually understand everything you are saying.

It actually sounds to me like the reason you disagree is because you are prejudice against the froobs and want them gone completely. I'm don't like eliteist people that hate froobs and that would be you. Without froobs, all of this team based game that requires full teams to do alot of things would have its population dropped to 1/4 of what it is now and that would truely make this game suck. The people including the froobs are what make this game so fun most of the time.

BUT

I have to work for my money and i work in that time, when the above ppl enjoy gaming for free. Work is something, where you have to do some things for anyone else and get a reward in the form of real cash.

Why dont ask in the supermarket, to pull and push the shopping carts together for a little reward ?
    Why dont ask around the neighbours for washing theire cars for a little reward ?
    Why dont ask arround for cleaning windows or cutting the grass in the garden for a reward ?

With money you can do all the nice things, this (real-)world gives you, but with no live, no job, no clue, sorry, there is no way in the HQ then.

What a big deal is that, to monthly pay some dollars for a game, where ppl spend hours and hours on, where ppl drink liters of beer or smoking the shet ouf of the head ?!

The biggest bumpers doesnt seem to be able, to get a very little minimal job to get the credz together for this game but they waste time and time and time on Rubi-Ka, canceling RL completely (whats also a nice idea sometimes ) and take this onlineworld that kinda serious, but not being able to pay 13.-$ a month.

Only to feel as a part of the completeness, feel to be taken serious with your org ?
    So if anyone is not able, to make these minimal system requirements possible by getting some ridiculously money for the complete fun, do i really have to take that serious ?

I really dont wanna blame anyone here, but the rules are clear - no arms, no cookies.

Yes i know, there are lots of dirty problems in real life and unique ppl get unique problems, but to give up in rl and bump here for "we wanna go inside the HQ" have to clear some things outside of RK tho.. at least thats it, what i found in my book.

I`m sorry Chris, the org HQ is the House of ALL members with AI expansion and yes, im very tired of meetings outside the HQ.

But your argument is null and void, because we are paid players, and the froobs being not allowed into the guild hq ruins our gaming experience.

I really dont want to flame or insult anyone here !!! Keep that in mind please and try to be worthfree.

I have my point of view and i will stand for, until i hear any arguments, what are worth in my mind, to open payed content to fr00b accounts.

BTW why are you trolling slinging out insults and trying to start a flame war? Do you not have a life? You don't have anything better to do with your time? Go play the game for crying out loud if you don't want to help us do something constructive. If you disagree give us some valid reasons why because you haven't given us any valid reasons why this would really be a bad thing. And please stop talking gibberish so I can actually understand everything you are saying.
    Calm down, it is nothing personal, not between you or me or any1 else.
    What you do is flaming me, because i have a point of view against the mass.
    You want see something constructive ?... just open your eyes:
    A solution can be by making the AI expansion cheaper on a monthly base, maybe by being an AI-Subscriber (3.-$/month?)
    ... instead of being that bad and attaking me personally:
    It actually sounds to me like the reason you disagree is because you are prejudice against the froobs and want them gone completely. I'm don't like eliteist people that hate froobs and that would be you.
    You are this kind of people i dislike in this game because you are not mature enough, to discuss on a neutral base around the topic, people like you like flaming and insulting others, who are not in the same meaning as you are. So calm down and give me anything that i change my meaning instead of being not nice to me.

We all know, that FC will never close the fr00b accounts because we all have our mules on them

But your argument is null and void, because we are paid players, and the froobs being not allowed into the guild hq ruins our gaming experience.
    lol... something to discuss, if a fr00b gets my BS slot or if i have to take part in the outside org meetings so who ruins who`s gaming experience ?
    Actually, in my experience, froobs are usually much more mature and enjoy the game much more than paying subscribers.
    smiled on that too

In general, the subscribtion mechanism is very bad and needs to be reworked. People are confused how to subscribe what expansion on what conditions and if you think about the paying SL subscribers, who are also not able to get into the HQ, then you will see, there has some more work to be done.
    I do not understand, what is so problematic, to subscribe into this game ?! Whats the deal ? This is a roleplaying game, where you have to pay for, and they are right, to take our money because there is no better mmorpg out there !

fr00bs coming and fr00bs going. The serious players will sign up, to get it all and the "gimme all for free" players will move anywhere else. That is, what i see, since the fr00b accounts are open. Exceptions confirm the rule.

it has been said in other "froob love" threads ( though some of those were rather silly to begin with) that fr00bs were originally ment as background players. how can giving them access to the org buildings detract from that? they would just be filling up those seats in the org HQ. making it look more lively when you run up to nuke some poor tower sight.

the only opposing argument here seems to be, i pay for it, they don't screw them. ( took a logic class, so this kind of distilling of arguments is pretty easy for me) isn't that a little childish? didn't your momma ever teach you to share? if my understanding of your argument is wrong please tell me and enlighten me to your true meaning, until then...

/signed

BUT

you realize that:
    1) your rant has nothing to do with the OP
    2) everyone posting here is either a paying player or was once a paying player
    And
    3) there are not only logical flaws but completely incoherent sections in your writing
    Right?

I'm sorry if English is not your first language, that could be a contributer to the third but it seems you just typed a stream of thought down. in which case you may want to try and reread your own work, connecting ideas as you go.
    Last edited by mrpokeydelta; Aug 31st, 2007 at 03:38:11.

You have to have a upgraded account to be able to post on the forum. I guess that means that all the biggest bumpers here are able to pay for the game.
    We just want to use the things we pay for. But we can't as long as half the org must stand on the outside. This has nothing to do with "froob love". We are not asking that they get any benefits at all. We just want to use our city.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    You have to have a upgraded account to be able to post on the forum. I guess that means that all the biggest bumpers here are able to pay for the game.
    We just want to use the things we pay for. But we can't as long as half the org must stand on the outside. This has nothing to do with "froob love". We are not asking that they get any benefits at all. We just want to use our city.
    Even as a job-owning, paying player I support the OP; simply by forced to hold org meeting on the HQs stairs in pouring rain reduces MY gaming experience and I would like it to be changed, so I can finally USE my PAID comfy seat INSIDE my paid HQ during meetings.

No other (functional) parts of the city should be usable for froobs.

(Although I don't mind them hanging around in the bar or pool.)

Bump for this.

Allowing froobs into Org HQ would not give them any benefits what so ever except the ability to join their friends for a chat and dance in some nice and private surroundings.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Today's fr00b is tomorrow's subscriber.

This game would have been dust if the fr00b program wasn't started.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast