Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

../\..
    ./..\.
    /_._\
    ..||..
    ..||..
    ..--..

For a purely economic and selfish viewpoint, expanding a market, like including froobs in the player shops, is good for everyone in the market. Simple capitalism 101.

I say open up all org buildings and functions to froobs. To do otherwise is to defeat the purpose of orgs.

Nope..they want expansion material, buy the expansion.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Nope..they want expansion material, buy the expansion.
    Agreed, actually.
    I upgraded because I wanted to see all that cool stuff. Seeing it given away for free would cheapen the fact that my 6-month plan costs me near a days pay.
    8 hours of hard labour, plus gas, lunches, etc for that day, so I can play a game.
    I'm already paying taxes to support people that just don't feel like working.
    If they can afford the internet connection required, they can afford to pay the damn subscription if they want to see the Org HQ's.
    I was a froob for a long time, but I'm sick of hearing froobs in-game bitch about all the cool stuff "they're not allowed to have".
    Proud to be a froob and wear the t-shirt? Well, proud to be left out, then.
    Kataklyzm
    Level 162/7 Clan NT
    THE AGP

I agree.. to disagree. I only got expansions because as org leader, in order to get the org a city (and at the time tower fields before NW became free) I needed expansions I was told. I'm not big on the expansion playfields, had them for 4 months before I even went over to SL.. now I utilize them here and there, but again, I'd probably still be a froob or near froob, if it hadn't been for my original reason, AND as a org leader, with some RP'rs in our org, it's nice to be able to hold meetings indoors like inside the HQ main room, or a org only party without outside interference in our HQ club area. I'm not saying allow the people who don't pay to utilize the org shops or anything else with a benefit paid players get, but buildings on rubi-ka should be accessible by froobs and paid players alike.. it offers nor takes from anything other than adds to the atmosphere. They don't get city buffs, they aren't able to host AI raids, they can't use symbiants or other SL/AI/LE tagged enhancing items.. it's just a danged building inside of their orgs city. My 2 tin cents.
    -:Neut for life & damned proud:- President of RK ShadowS

Enigmatia - TS'n Advy 218/17 | Auryin - NT 145/7 | Traumatizing - Enfo 150/11
    The Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry would like to congratulate the following couples:
    Darkirmi and Enigmatia - Valentines '07

Holidays with the Shadows 08!

Let them see exactly what they are missing

I think froobs need to see what they are missing. For example, let them into the city shops, but don't let them purchase. Let them use GMS, but again, don't let them purchase. This will make them want expansions more and will have the added benefit of keeping the prices closer of they can compare to the going prices on GMS.

Instead of LE machines telling froobs that they must have LE to use the machine, let them look and see what they are missing. But make them have LE to buy.

But I'd like to see froobs allowed into city HQs just so we could actually use the HQs. As it stands, if you have one froob in your org, you can't use the ballroom for any org function, because you are excluding someone. Let them in, but don't let them use the TS machine, the orbital strike machinery or the plastic surgery clinic. Let them see exactly what they are missing.

If you want to add something else to limit them, make them team with a paid player to enter. There is no way a froob can even comprehend how nice the HQs are until they see them.

An org president should be able to access the CC to do all the presidential only things even if its a froob toon. They should not be able to build, destroy, add CRU or raise/lower the cloak. But just because you had some personal disaster that kept you from paying you account one month, you shouldn't have to pass your org leadership.

I'll see your 2 cents Enigmatia and raise you 10...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirmi View Post
    An org president should be able to access the CC to do all the presidential only things even if its a froob toon. They should not be able to build, destroy, add CRU or raise/lower the cloak. But just because you had some personal disaster that kept you from paying you account one month, you shouldn't have to pass your org leadership.

I'll see your 2 cents Enigmatia and raise you 10...
    I'll take that 10 anytime.

For some time our org has had to deal with lowbies being run down during meetings, even parties - by the 150+ lvl mobs from the swamps in SAV. It's terribly annoying and disheartening to not be together as a whole inside the org HQ.. I agree with Dark's post 100%, but most of all, above all. I would like to have all my org mates able to sit down inside HQ and have a meeting for once.. I wait for that day, and till FC gives in and realizes this is for a purely aesthetic and social aspect, not to take away from revenue or a paid players experience.. I'll keep bumping this thread.

And yes, it is quite bothersome to worry about where and what will happen when my time to pay each year comes up and I am org leader, sure I could hand over leadership temporarily to a general while I fix my account but then that brings up the 'once you go paid, you can never go back' issue..
    Last edited by enigmatic; Sep 20th, 2008 at 02:16:24. Reason: hitting submit prematurely :p
    -:Neut for life & damned proud:- President of RK ShadowS

Enigmatia - TS'n Advy 218/17 | Auryin - NT 145/7 | Traumatizing - Enfo 150/11
    The Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry would like to congratulate the following couples:
    Darkirmi and Enigmatia - Valentines '07

Holidays with the Shadows 08!

So when is this going to be done?

bump!

allow froobs get into the HQ but giving them city bonuses or allowing them to use the ts buffer / orbital strike etc is not neccessary but welcome
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I think I need to add myself to the list of supporters too.

The doors shouldn't check for expansions, the individual features inside like the TS machine should do the check. Some Dev got lazy and chose the easy route of just locking all non-expansion folks out requiring just one check at the door.

back to top!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

signed
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

no!!

Death to all freeloaders!!

you want the silverspoon? pay for it

/boot

The more they get the better.. bump.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

*Good bye bump.*

(For now.)
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Signed by Windguaerd/Windkeeper/Noticiero.

Make it so.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Signed by Windguaerd/Windkeeper/Noticiero.

Make it so.
    It is already so next patch.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Instanced Cities:

Macrosun has taken it upon himself to create the instanced cities that have been long requested by the player base. This will be difficult...but he feels he is making good progress. The instanced nature of these playfields will make it impossible to have player owned shops...but the city bonuses and alien attacks should now be available to everyone. This is a long way from completion but at least work has begun on this issue that has been with us for a long time. "Normal" cities will still retain value due to their size and their player shops...but more AI content will now be available to all. I'm hoping we can also grant fr00b access to the org HQ's at the same time.
    Coming soon.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast