Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apf?

Apf?

Since i came back i managed to get ONE, yes ONE and only sector 13 raid.And about 3 or 4 28 raids.
    All of that in 2 months...

Axp is all about arid team lf crat, good job on making one zone giving twice xp as any other AI content.

Most players don't care, got all they need from Apfs.Good for them

Those sectors are almost empty of players and getting nano parts is a 2 years planing project...

An alternative to get at least nano parts would be nice.The area is so dead you can't even buy parts on gms...

WTB LR on 28 belt and sec13 nanos parts...

First to troll

Working as intended.
    The game mechanics allow for this.
    Wadda ya espect? Someone to give it to you?
    Etc.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

dont worry trolls were expected.

Like make a team get org whatever...

FC sure make a good job at making ppl quit this game...

My crat won't go above 150 prolly cause of this, get 220 what for?
    Could take a week to 220 then 4 years to get Apf nanos and carlo...

Not because it's high raided content, not because it cost 1 billion credz.Just because noone does it and you just need that...

I signed up to the iraid bot and got all the nano parts in a week, this being lazy and only raiding every other night.

It may not be the perfect solotion and I disagree with the bots in princible, but at least it's a viable way of getting loot.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    I signed up to the iraid bot and got all the nano parts in a week, this being lazy and only raiding every other night.

It may not be the perfect solotion and I disagree with the bots in princible, but at least it's a viable way of getting loot.
    Unknown user "iraid".

Is that some RK1 sheet?

Oh well seems no one give a flying duck...FC being at top of the list....

Don't change anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Xealys View Post
    Unknown user "iraid".

Is that some RK1 sheet?
    It is a RK1 bot. Yes.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Its a population problem first and foremost I think. Back in the day apf used to run frequently up to the point where I had to turn down lots o apf.

Dunno why they don't merge RK1 and RK2 already...

Well i'm on RK2 and Apf is a big fat pain to do...

And as why FC won't merge i don't have a clue...Maybe they want more people to leave who knows?
    Seems they are quite good at it though...

At least althought it's super lame you can buy pande phatz LR...But Apf is just impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Its a population problem first and foremost I think.
    higher population = more raid ... but more people needing the loot too.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    higher population = more raid ... but more people needing the loot too.
    Any apf raid consists of 2 teams max (98% of the time) so that's an invalid point mostly... since the ppl doin the raids will obviously want stuff from there :P

Any content thats instance and not profitable has to die. APFs are just like TOTW or something; you go there only for nodrops and never come back. If only APF generals would drop ql 240+ viralbots it would be much much more easy for the people to get their nodrops. But "easy" isnt AOs speciality.

OH, btw you are going to hear: "LOLOLOOLOLO MAAAEK FRANDZ NUBBBLOLOLOLOLO!!111" soon.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Feb 1st, 2010 at 16:34:44.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

You too, you said viralbots.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

gogogo FC let it that way so i can quit for good!

see ya
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

see ya
    Thats exactly how FC did respond to our troubles for some time and now we (rk1 and rk2) look like rk3 two years ago.

We have a problem: some instanced areas are deserted as there is nothing to do there for players that have their nodrops. It really isnt so hard to throw something profitable there (viralbots for example) and pump a bit of life to those APFs. Not everyone has an org that can throw a full or even two teams of people ready to spend their time to help someone get their loot. In fact people that do are minority.

Hell if there was a chance to loot viralbots from apf generals (ofc a bit higher than 10% from city raid, 100% would be ok as with a 4 man team that seems to be a minimum to do it youd have 25% chance for a bot and it takes around 1h to finish it while solo city raid takes only 30 minutes so you have around 20% chance for a VB per 1h spend on raiding, therefore it would be same or just a bit better) id like to do them everyday.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Feb 3rd, 2010 at 10:46:42.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I m not against enticing players to do APF ...

but considering I m a casual player, that spends maybe 1/5th of my non afk ingame time on my TL7, I managed to get both APF nanos... (some via bots, some via pickup, some via org team), It's realy not that hard...

I have one thing to say to people threatening FC "I ll /ragequit if you dont spoonfeed me!!!11!!"...

it's ... "see ya"...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

see ya
    Internet tuff guy!don't be so tuff!

I never asked FCnanosGIEV...

I'm just pointing that some high level content with "must have items" is deserted 90% of time.Maybe it's ok to you that those zones are twice in a month raided, but to me it's a kind of "oh well they'll manage somehow" attitude from FC...

From what i have seen at least on RK2 most of new TL7 don't have their apf nanos nor belt and many gave up on that more or less.It's just too much of a pain...

The "see ya" attittude is very very smart, go on, soon you'll be able to do mad RP at OA grid with ramon, he's a nice guy...

What's the point of wasting your time on balancing if you have 50 players left FC?

You were lucky then but my shade dinged 220 somewhere in 2008 and he still doesnt have apf belt although that i spend some time on lft for apf from time to time and join random pickup teams and on top of that i can raid with my 220 crat that is much more desired for any raid and does even more DD than a shade. Crat has only one apf nano btw, shade has none but they seem to be totally useless to me.

APF instancing was just done in a bad way. Instanced Pande looks sweet, you can loot some yesdrops (tnh symbs) for sale or sell lootrights that are easy to loot as you can train the playfield easy and desired by almost everyone as there is a wide variety of them and on top of that you can put them as social toys, even at lower lvls. Even people with farmed phats are willing to join those raids because they can earn a bit of creds from selling loot or feed their alts .

APFs on the other hand have nothing interesting in terms of social stuff, no yesdrop stuff that can be sold (except maybe nano parts that are more or less worthless) and it is very hard to sell nodrop lootrights as it is difficult to train some of the apfs (the one with belt was the hardest as far as I remember, as I was unable to outrun respawned mobs with over 2,5k run speed). There is simply nothing interesting up there for a person who already has nodrops so those playfields just have to be dead.

Its same situation as with DB quest line that you simply need a whole active org of people willing to help you with their free time and get nothing from it to finish it. Thank God I don’t need it anymore but from what ive seen on neutnet that I keep an eye on, during the last month there was not a single info about this quest being done from start while I was logged in.

Those are very problematic things for people that aren’t blessed with active and helpful orgs and solutions are very simple (viralbots from APFs + maybe ability to repeat DB quest for some SK gains that would be worth the effort). It is FCs fault that they didn’t think about consequences of instancing some playfields even for a while so you shouldn’t blame people who get angry about that.

I never asked FCnanosGIEV...
    hum... I must be dumb ...

well, you said it yourself :
    "From what i have seen at least on RK2 most of new TL7 don't have their apf nanos nor belt"

well, what are you waiting for ? (if not spoonfeeding ?)

get those team going !

S13/S28 can be done by a team of 6 sub 220 TL7... surely with all these TL7 needing stuff, you ll be able to organise raiding...instead of whining on forum.

/edit : Ciekafsky, I agree with you about DB quest. At least in APF, people can join to help other gain their nano parts / belts and get away with some CRU and token / creds.
    DB quest is long ... harder than APF, and brings ZERO reward to people helping ... other than the warm feeling of having helped...
    Last edited by Gridpain; Feb 3rd, 2010 at 13:13:46.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast