Thread: MA dmg increase

MA dmg increase

Hi fellow MA`s,

im building an MA twink..first for subway then TOTW.

hes lvl 24 now.what im stumped about is how to increse his dmg? i mean MA dont use weapons normally..so what should i do to up hes dmg to insane amounts?

thx

im not talking only about stats i should concentrate on but also unique MA items

that buff dmg for lowbi MA`s.(somthing like the braclet that drops from BANE in coh)

i have all expensions so feel free to elabrate in that direction too...special buffs armor weapons etc for lowbies..i guss with his abilitis i can up to 400-500 max(ip)
    Last edited by Lorddarcek; Aug 30th, 2007 at 12:49:22.

Raising MA skill not only increases your attack rating, which makes you miss less, it raises the QL of your "weapon", so anything that raises MA is going to raise your dmg. See AOMainframe's MA calculator

The MA "weapon" has decent crit bonus, and we have very nice crit buffs; however, pre 60 you're probably not going to find much to raise crit chance besides your own buffs. Anything you can get to raise crit chance will raise your damage dramatically, even 1% is significant. If you can get into the Vulnerability Seeker crit buff for totw that will help a lot.

The last thing is damage type. Watch what the crits are when you have Iron Fist on, then Corrosive Fists, then Fists of Shocking Touch. Whichever one does the most damage from a crit is the most effective vs that mob (crits always do (max dmg - ac reduction)+crit bonus)(I think that's the formula), so if a mob has lower ac vs one of those damage types then you'll have much greater overall damage with that buff on. If the ac is the same for all those damage types on the mob, then the higher damage will just be the one that has the higher +dmg in the buff (Fists of Shocking Touch in this example) and will only be a couple points more.
    Perk Planner: A great look at perks to help you choose for your character!
    Clicksaver: Roll missions to find items you need!
    MishBuddy: An alternative mission roller with some nice features.
    AO Pet Scripter A pet script maker for naming pets (in color)/making custom scripts.
    Atlas of Rubi-Ka: Must-have in-game planet map!
    IP planner: plan how to spend those valuable improvement points, and see how breed affects your profession.
    AO Crafter: OMG! This thing rocks!! Know what you need for tradeskills before bugging the engi or trader!! Or if you are the engi...
    Shadowlands Atlas: see where mobs/dungeons are and their levels.

on low mobs, difference is slim to none though.. however i prefer energy damage at lower levels simply because of totw items. 2 notum rings = +20 energy/melee/proj damage. and since your fist buff is higher on energy, with 2 rings , + 15 from touch of gripper (?), + 15 barrow strength, possibly even rockcrusher gauntlets for + 9 , + 6 from energized fist, and +28 from lotus on water , you have +93 energy damage... very good and easy for ma at this level. fire can also be just as effective if you use the coh bracer , but you cant self any fire fist at this level so you would be ob dependent on other ma's. you can add a few extra add damage im sure from other armor or such , but you get the idea =P
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Thanks for the indepth answer friend that was really great.

i heared that ma weapon is calcolated on zone.
    so make sure u use all your ma buffs befor u zone to tottow.
    get as much ma as possible .
    only armor(no AI) that i didn't find anything that addes to ma is boots (head has crit )

the cheap way:
    servents body
    rihno legs /ofab
    COH gloves (Brother's Brass Knuckles)
    Gamboling Master's Wear
    Predator's Circlet

this way u will have as much ma as possible but will be weak at evades

p.s after searching auno :

French Maid Sleeves of Xtronica Entertainment x2 FTW
    caz spirit focus is lvl 71 locked

p.s 2 Lya's Sangi Slippers isn't ingame

thx buka for the additional info )