Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: United we stand

United we stand

Maybe it's time to have a vote about what MAs want most. (220 vote only possibly, not saying you young MAs don't count, but well...some of your priorities are flawed based on you being low level) We seem a bit divided at the moment. some people are wanting things that i find completely irrelevant before we get other things fixed.

so, priority number one for me would be a better heal with less recharge.

Maybe have a vote about endgame content, that way it would be for those of us 215+ to vote on...cause imo, lets get a priority then force that issue to FC.

So Ciggie, how about we get the top 5ish things MAs want and vote on it. I just saw engi's did an engame content sort of thing.

united we stand.
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

good idea, bump for top 5 instead of top 1001 :P

vote: 1.better heal + less recharge

1) better heal with shorter recharge
    2) improved evade buff, or shifting our SL evade/NR buffs in to a different nanoline to stack with RI.
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

I'd like a bit more BM in research, but #1 is a better heal, then an improved evade buff.

#1 Heal with less recharge (optionally better).
    #2 SL nr AND evade AND ri stacking.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

1: Less loading/more freedom of action through 984984 bars of perks and nano recharge, with items (stims, flurry, swaping off bow while running, specials etc.) We want what we press to work... now. Right now its real time pvp with turn based actions lol.

2: Better heal/survavibility in pvp.

3: Fix the out of range bug.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)
    Shibasama (lvl 5 with Feeble Gladiatorbot & Red Line)
    Achiever 66.67%, Killer 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Socializer 46.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post

the only way that would happen is if they give us 25m range on fists, otherwise, working as intended
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

1) Better Heals with shorter recharge.
    2) Improve RI or make the temp evade line to be stagable with RI and dodge range on it.
    3) Remove the recharge on MA attack and allow us to hotwarp weapon even when running.
    4) Remove the slow firing of procs when ubt or nano init debuff.
    5) Better damage fist buff or add a better melee fist damage buff.
    Hungrywolfz RK2 220/30/70
    President of WolfHound Organisation W.H.O

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    that's my #1
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

You summed it up goat: better heal with less recharge

Ah forgot:
    3: FRIGGIN ALLOW PUTTING ITEMS FROM BACKPACK INTO BARS!!!!!!
    3: Improve First Strike....we're getting more and more MA but our speed buffs stay the same, making us hit slower...Seems a bit like a paradox to me, adding items with MA in it is slowing us down ;D
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

1) Snare attack that works like Upon a Wave of Summer with longer duratation and higher Snare! Root would be nice too!
    2)Faster recharge on heals.

Geh, totally forgot: get rid of the nano recharge from MA attacks.

I'd rather have our evades pimped than our heal. On the other hand, I wouldn't wine if our heal was increased.

A Special that roots our opponents would be really nice. Make it 60s recharge and lock MA, so it wouldn't be too overpowered. Something like that to fix the 'out of range' issue.
    "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ulayah? There's a frood who really knows where her towel is."

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    #1 Heal with less recharge (optionally better).
    #2 SL nr AND evade AND ri stacking.
    Yeah, and a +2784 evades buff when we're at it, a lollypop and a kiss from Santa.

My #1 would definitely be to have a normal weapon, with a NORMAL recharge and attack time, so we don't have to be full agg to hit in 1/1 as every other prof can do. We can use a full set of CSS, every single add phys init buff and item we want, we'll never end up doing 1/1 since LE... Why?

Lots of good stuff here, nice to see what others actually think what would help us a lot and most of it seems to be the same. Here's my list of no more than 5 things that I feel would give us a good sized jump start in the right direction.

#1) A boost to evades. Like the SL evade nanos and NR nanos moved to different lines so they stack with each other and with RI; an improved RI (from Ofab shops preferably); or a boost to the evade templet that isn't going to over power us or other heavy evade professions (fixers, keepers, advys, shades)

#2) Fix our gameplay inhibiting bugs. a)Our targets are out of range when we're standing ontop of them. b)Our weapons won't equip or unequip while we're moving or recharging nanos. c)Lately I've seen in combat I'll execute a perk and it will go off and do damage but not gray out, then when I try and move on to the next perk in the chain it says I have to have the perk I just ran like 2 seconds before executed to cast so I'll re-execute the first perk and the bar will go but it won't do damage, it won't gray out and I still can't move onto the next perk. I have to break combat and re-enter combat execute the perk again which won't do any damage again but this time the perk gray's out and, I have to wait the full recharge starting at that point, not from the point in which the perk did damage.

#3) Improved healing capabilities. A better heal with a shorter recharge, or shorter recharge on our current heals. Someone mentioned in a thread somewhere about one that does a % of our total HP, I think that's an awsome idea.

#4) Get rid of nano cast time and recharge on items that aren't nanos. This includes MA attacks, perks and procs that have them. I'm not casting a nano, why should I suffer the recharge from them?

#5) A boost to our skill set. Can't think of anything better for this one. There are becoming a growing number of reasons for MAs to use SO and BowSA and there are no buffs for those skills. We have also been the original dimach users since the dawn of AO and we have no dimach buffs. What I would like to see here for buffs is a Bow and BowSA buff that we can cast on anyone (help kill the MP envy for our kyudo buffs if they could beg us for a bow buff); a small SO buff in the range of +50-60 points; and a dimach buff that's MA self only to the tune of +90-110 in skill.
    They told me to shoot straight
    Don't pull the trigger squeeze
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns
    100 decibels turns to one
    One bullet one empty head

Forget the evades guys, we of all should know that evades is the least effective defense ingame in terms of damage mitigating. So it is and so it always has been. Evades are situationally good against perk alphas and perk debuffs, and that's about it, and thats the way it should be. More of that won't solve anything.

Besides.... Silirrion, FC and a bunch of others thinks evades is (or was? ) the problem with pvp balance, so let them think that, hell i'm prepared to welcome more nerfs to evades if i only can get some proper damage mitigation, ie not mitigation based on evades. Im thinking mayhaps aborbs, special blockers, heals.

And again my main reason for this; more evades won't give you (noticable) more surviveability. A fixer survives because he runs fast, kites and is hard to catch and root, not because he evades,- if not why would he kite?
    Another thing is, giving mas more evades will only lead to the situation we had pre LE where people found evades overpowered and the source of all evil, which lead to Silirrion posting on the forums again saying "even the doommongers must agree that evaders had a noticable advantage, or else they're incredible biased becuase I'm the source of objectivity and neutrality, therefore we adde this <insert LE changes>." or something similar.

Okay folks, since i once read a book about psychology, I'm gonna come up with a grounbreaking theory, here it goes..this is THE number one reason for the evades hate:
    People don't se their damage on the screen when it's being mitigated by evades.

People gets pissed off when they see their perks just grey out without seeing 'you did 13337 damage to Evadeeerema007'. People are many times quite simpleminded, and that is why they don't get so upset when they blow their entire perkalpha into absorbs, eventhough the damage is mitigated just the same. AO players are just damagehoes, suffering from a pande zerg raid trauma.

So they whine, evades equals immunity and so on. Noone ever seems to notice that missing and evader with perks, doesn't set the perks on full cooldown as opposed to the wasted perks into cocoon. This same stuff goes for heals. people whine less because they see their damage on the screen, eventhough it is mitigated much more effectively through good heals.

If we were to compare the different defensive tools in AO systematicly
    against eachother against all thinkable offenses, evades would mitigate damage the least effective way. I know this is not the most popular statement, but then again, unlike Silirrion i don't take popularity into account when creating arguments, as seen in his post here:
    I think even the most biased of types could admit to the fact that the evades professions had a rather large advantage
    I would be the biased doom monger that he so gracefully is refering to here.
    Again: evades never ever gave any general advantage, if evades ever were involved in advantages worth mentioning it was in a combinations of defenses, IE adventurers with absorbs and evades up.

But fine, if that is the opinion of the devs and the majority, so be it .. Trying to enlighten people from this ignorance seems impossible. though this might be turned to our advantage! Let them tone evades the way they find ok and 'balanced', and we'll shut up about it, and rather ask for damage mitigation that actually is great in a general way, because we know evades never were that great.

give me a better heal. give me some sort of light CC, give me a special blocker or three. Sil you can have my evades, shave even more off them if you find it balanced, just give my favourite profession (MA) some increase in surviveability

ps hi .o/
    I'm back from a brake, my trolling has to start somewhere, had a lot of tension built up, hence the wall of text:P
    Last edited by Tzing; Aug 30th, 2007 at 21:27:36.

Yea I hear you, didn't see it this way before, combination of evades, healing and absorbs+br is a lot for anyone to counter... so we can thank advies and keepers for evade hate =(
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

1. Better heal and/or faster recharge.
    2. GET RID OF the silly recharges on every special stuff we got.
    3. An evade buff that will include evades+NR.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

1 - LESS HEAL RECHARGE
    2 - Fix the kiting bug or give us a rooting/snaring fist
    3 - SA Bloquers nano like the MP
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    In progress pew pew advy soli
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast