Thread: Forum suggestion.

Forum suggestion.

I think the forums should show how many members and guests are viewing the forums and/or sections.

And how many members are logged in.
    Last edited by juggalotus; Jun 27th, 2007 at 23:21:35.
    I agree

well I'd like to see that too on the bottom of the page like on other forums.Would be helpful.

Yeah thats whta i'm talking about it might not be very useful but i think it's nice to have.

I also like knowing how many people are viewing a certain section.
    I agree

IDK much about vbulletin board, but I used to program mods from phpBB and it's from that experience, that I know that:
    more features = more SQL server queries = server lag = slower page loads
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    IDK much about vbulletin board, but I used to program mods from phpBB and it's from that experience, that I know that:
    more features = more SQL server queries = server lag = slower page loads
    I don't think thats true.

More features doesn't have to bring server lag and slower page loads or at least not noticeably slower page loads.

Since there is no member/guest counter on the forums i don't know how many people are viewing/using the forums at any given moment but i'm sure that it's alot less then some forums out there that are more feature intense and yet still very stable and quick.
    Last edited by juggalotus; Jul 2nd, 2007 at 15:07:45.
    I agree