Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony has shown of playable PS3

Sony has shown of playable PS3

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149470.html

Though id show this to you here, the PS3 got lots of suprises, the biggest seems to be the controller is identical to the PS2 in apperance, but senses up/down, and movement in six difection, allowing for full flight control with pitch and yaw, and bending to one side, etc.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

The 20GB will retail for $499 in the US (59800 yen in Japan, 499 euros in Europe), and the 60GB model will retail for $549 (open price in Japan, 599 euros in Europe).
    Heh, while these are of course initial prices, then it's funny how it gets to be so much more expensive here in Europe. The Euro is already worth about 15% more than the US Dollar, so having the price be the same in the two units makes it more expensive in Europe and far more expensive for the "big" model.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yay, Sony pirated Nintendos Wii controller. How utterly lame.
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

But that controller also looks extremely simple to use (since ive used one looking like it an while now), and also FUN. The games is the games i want to play, simply. (rather follow ups of games i know, than unknown games on 360 i need to play an FEE for using on net >.<)

The way to control the full up/down tilt in all directions, and turning of the control on spot seem amazing, and an singstar game where the game tells you how you perform with singing to an latest hit on karaoke(where you just bough the song, from net), and the game can analyse your SINGING while you sings?
    It seems an game where its possible to break the limits of today.

The only drawback is the price will be gigantic in scandinavia, id assume its 5500kr up to 6500 for the biggest PS3 package, it IS expensive. If priced hard, it could bounce above 7000kr even.

I wont miss the rumble, at least. it was just annoying anyway.
    Last edited by Psyloche; May 9th, 2006 at 14:35:02.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Oh dear, think maybe we should prepare for some lawsuits.. pretty sure Nintendo has had that tech Patented for a while.... Nice to see Sony has some original ideas huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Vipr
    Oh dear, think maybe we should prepare for some lawsuits.. pretty sure Nintendo has had that tech Patented for a while.... Nice to see Sony has some original ideas huh?
    We will know how similiar it is soon, its two and an half hour until nintendo shows off their machine.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)

Nintendo have already shown there controller.. and the tech... i smell Lawsuits :P

Quote Originally Posted by Psyloche
    But that controller also looks extremely simple to use (since ive used one looking like it an while now), and also FUN. The games is the games i want to play, simply. (rather follow ups of games i know, than unknown games on 360 i need to play an FEE for using on net >.<)

The way to control the full up/down tilt in all directions, and turning of the control on spot seem amazing, and an singstar game where the game tells you how you perform with singing to an latest hit on karaoke(where you just bough the song, from net), and the game can analyse your SINGING while you sings?

The only drawback is the price will be gigantic in scandinavia, id assume its 5500kr up to 6500 for the biggest PS3 package, it IS expensive. If priced hard, it could bounce above 7000kr even.

I wont miss the rumble, at least. it was just annoying anyway.
    Is this the twilight zone or something? Sony's press-conferance was laughable at best, and the controller doesn't look easy to use compared to Nintendos, just use your eyes and look at him play, lol... besides, there is a big different between the Sony and the Nintendo controller. The Sony ones doesn't register the distance between the screen and the controller. That means you can't for example play Tennis with the controller like you can with the Nintendo one. Or use it as a crowbar to whack mobs in the head. Or as a sword like in Zelda, that will allow for any type of move you want.

I really love the good old DualShock controller, but that last hack there, adding gyro-like capabilities to the controller is a desperate attempt to try to jump on the bandwagon that Nintendo started.
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

singstar game where the game tells you how you perform with singing to an latest hit on karaoke(where you just bough the song, from net), and the game can analyse your SINGING while you sings?
    Try to boot up a recent game with lipsynch, like Oblivion. Almost flawless lipsynching and facial expressions based on algorithms that analyze the speech that is being played back. Means you can input your own voices and add them to an NPC who will then lipsynch and show facial expressions based on what and how you said something.

That's a lovely application of the ancient technology of sound analysis it's not hard for a piece of software to analyze input and match it as an approximate to a song you just downloaded
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Whats bad? the games got GOOD resolution, if you see on the still pictures. Better than Oblivion. Its not many game now, but it seems we get some ok titles to launch, and several promising ones later.

And masta, its full HD video of an artist in backround, with voice analysis compared to the real singer of the song, together with playing an karaoke song. Is that common today? Oblivion dont analyze voices and tell how it compares to an original....
    (\_/)
    (O.o)

Id give up Masta.. you aint never gonna get thro to a fanboi no matter how right you are :P

Whats bad? the games got GOOD resolution, if you see on the still pictures. Better than Oblivion. Its not many game now, but it seems we get some ok titles to launch, and several promising ones later.

And masta, its full HD video of an artist in backround, with voice analysis compared to the real singer of the song, together with playing an karaoke song. Is that common today? Oblivion dont analyze voices and tell how it compares to an original....
    Good resolution? HD on TVs isn't high res My old monitor here can handle 1600x1200, show me a TV that isn't insanely huge, both in size and price, that can do that. As for Oblivion, then the graphics were dumbed down so it could run on consoles, it's being remedied by users like Qarl here. So far I've not seen anything on a console that hasn't been done a lot better graphically on a PC. (The so-called best looking Xbox 360 game ever Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter ran smoothly in 1600x1200 with 16x AF and 4x AA on my PC at max details I had to go into an .ini file to find.)

If we're talking texture resolution and model resolution in polygons, then I guess the PC is a winner again because of the RAM available. Consoles will need to do all kinds of tricks to keep up graphically, such as render only small areas in very high resolution, like fighting games, driving games or air-sims, e.g. games where you have alot of nothingness and only few things that are in focus.

As for the voicing, then no, it's not common in mainstream media because there's only the karaoke games for PS2 that ever utilized such, adding a show of some kind is nothing special, it's just the size of the show that's been increased, not the idea or anything else in that way. (and no, of course oblivion does not compare a soundinput file you make to an original which does not exist)
    Which puts us right back to the whole "next generation" question; is next generation consoles just a higher resolution TV image? Appears so, but I guess we'll have to see what Nintendo offers us, because so far Microsoft and Sony have been hugely disappointing. I already have uber graphics on my PC...
    The Red Brotherhood

It isnt that. Some of the games cant run on any PC atm, since pc harware dont got the pure processing power (and they is probably unrefined as nuts, and is surfing on pure processor power atm, compared to later titles coming in 1-2 years).

Im not an "fanboy" of sony (maybe anti fan of ms atm, when they just trows crap anywhere), PS3 and WII looks interesting, and im equally qurious about whats happening in 2 hours, in nintendo conference

The wii console on pictures also looks interesting, its just the xbox360 who i simply dont know of any interesting games atm, i CAN be called fan of the PS1-PS2 titles who is given followups on PS3, yes. Since ive played PS1 and PS2 games for an long time.

Edit: masta, xbox360 got an "HD problem", since the EDRAM who is on the 2. chip of the gpu isnt so amazing ppl though first. Best is it to have NO Anti aliasing for performance, or have 2x AA. PS3 got maybe less bandwith internally, if im to belive hints, but enormously more shader power than 360's gpu. None is PC graphics cards, and will get passed by future products.

Both consoles should perform best without HDR used, and MS now have dropped all demand of anti aliasing in games.
    Last edited by Psyloche; May 9th, 2006 at 15:44:50.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)

It isnt that. Some of the games cant run on any PC atm, since pc harware dont got the pure processing power (and they is probably unrefined as nuts, and is surfing on pure processor power atm, compared to later titles coming in 1-2 years).

The wii console on pictures also looks interesting, its just the xbox360 who i simply dont know of any interesting games atm, i CAN be called fan of the PS1-PS2 titles who is given followups on PS3, yes. Since ive played PS1 and PS2 games for an long time.

Edit: masta, xbox360 got an "HD problem", since the EDRAM who is on the 2. chip of the gpu isnt so amazing ppl though first. Best is it to have NO Anti aliasing for performance, or have 2x AA. PS3 got maybe less bandwith internally, if im to belive hints, but enormously more shader power than 360's gpu. None is PC graphics cards, and will get passed by future products.

Both consoles should perform best without HDR used, and MS now have dropped all demand of anti aliasing in games.
    I would like to see these games that can't run on any PCs right now ... I was reading up on hardware before buying, and some folks were doing "Extreme HD" benchmarking, which means benchmarking games in 2048x1536, including Anisotropy and Anti Aliasing, HDR and the lot and the right setups were easily running the latest PC games at these settings.
    Products for new stuff is always poorly optimized. I'm just saying that my PC ran the "best looking Xbox360 game" in higher resolution, with higher graphics detail and more "look pretty" effects than the Xbox360 is capable of. And my Graphicscard was underclocked for this feat since I forgot to clock it back up after having it on overnight...

Yes, disabling HDR and AntiAliasing (which can't run at the same time anyway it would appear) increases performance by leaps and bounds, but the added visual quality of HDR is easily worth the sacrifice of frames, of course this is only something that PC users have any say in, because console games won't ever have a setup menu to tweak the games. Microsoft and Sony expecting their hardware to perform at the high resolutions and with the visual quality that was being bragged about at 60fps was naive so far. In a couple years developers will know the tricks to get the 360 working well enough, but untill then we'll keep seeing stuff being bogged down to run on it's specifics, and the same will be true for PS3. When developers figure out how to use the machines properly, hardware development for the PC platform will be far ahead yet again and we'll be seeing the same thing the PS2 has been the main guilty party of over the last couple years, the Xbox less so.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; May 9th, 2006 at 16:06:45.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Alienchild
    Yay, Sony pirated Nintendos Wii controller. How utterly lame.
    who cares

i'm still buying the system.
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

Mastablasta, does your comp cost 500$? If so, thats alot of power for the buck compared to the PS3 indeed.

PS3 got great graphics by any standard and has technology that hasnt been used in any computergames yet. Groundbreaking technology I might add.

Im not a playstation fanboi by any stretch of the imagination but PS3 will be perfect for those that dont want to buy an overpriced computer for the same kind of games/graphics and then add 100$ to it per year because of outdated components. Some just want to pay 500 bucks and then have a perfect gaming machine that will give them no grief whatsoever for years. I might be one of those people IF PS3 turns out to be good and has good games.

If you want to play games then you could either buy a 1300$ computer that you cant play multiplayer on unless you create a LAN-party or play MMORPG's, or you can pay 500$ for a PS3 and invite friends over to drink beer and play racing-games, sport-games or anything else in multiplayer and have a much better time. PC's arent really social machines.

There are many things you can do on a PC but cant do on a PS3 but there are things you can do with a PS3 that is harder to do with a PC. So dismissing a PS3 right off the bat before its even out means that the only fanboi here is you. And by "you" I mean anyone who say those who likes PS3 are fanbois and at the same time says "I will allways prefer my PC!". Think about it
    Veteran of Equilibrium

wOOt! P3's gonna rock! Sucks for nintendo about the controller 'cause Sony never said whether or not it had motion sensors onboard(least I dont remember them saying) at last years E3. Thankfully they got rid of the stupid ass boomarang controller lmao. I don't think theres any compettion between sony and nintendo, so the controller If they "stole" the motion sensor thing shouldnt be a problem. Both companies are goin further down the road they started treading in the last ten years...Nintendo for younger players and sony for older players. Not to sure about what the benefits of having a 60G HD as opposed to a 20G is gonna be. What all would you store on your console anyway? Even with all the games and music I have stored on my XBox not even close to filling it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline
    Mastablasta, does your comp cost 500$? If so, thats alot of power for the buck compared to the PS3 indeed.

PS3 got great graphics by any standard and has technology that hasnt been used in any computergames yet. Groundbreaking technology I might add.

Im not a playstation fanboi by any stretch of the imagination but PS3 will be perfect for those that dont want to buy an overpriced computer for the same kind of games/graphics and then add 100$ to it per year because of outdated components. Some just want to pay 500 bucks and then have a perfect gaming machine that will give them no grief whatsoever for years. I might be one of those people IF PS3 turns out to be good and has good games.

If you want to play games then you could either buy a 1300$ computer that you cant play multiplayer on unless you create a LAN-party or play MMORPG's, or you can pay 500$ for a PS3 and invite friends over to drink beer and play racing-games, sport-games or anything else in multiplayer and have a much better time. PC's arent really social machines.

There are many things you can do on a PC but cant do on a PS3 but there are things you can do with a PS3 that is harder to do with a PC. So dismissing a PS3 right off the bat before its even out means that the only fanboi here is you. And by "you" I mean anyone who say those who likes PS3 are fanbois and at the same time says "I will allways prefer my PC!". Think about it
    Heh prices don't compare that easily. Before danish taxes (and norwegian taxes, which appear to be higher on electronic equipment) then 599€ (for the big HD one) might look like a nice price, but seeing as how actual consumer price is in danish kroner with taxes is about 7-10 times the "recommended" price, meaning that a PS3 will cost 6-7000kr
    My PC has been rather expensive, I had a couple of unexpected expenses that added about 1500kr to it's total price, but the main reason why what I have now cost about 9,100 kr is that I chose to buy only top brand names and not save anywhere.. I could've easily saved a couple thousand by buying lesser brand names or lower model numbers, but I chose to spend a little extra.

It could be twice as expensive easily, but even then I'd still be paying less than a PS3 and a HD Ready TV because why get a PS3 if you were still stuck with your old 640x480 TV?

As for multiplayer, then there's plenty other options on PC than LAN and MMO games

Quote Originally Posted by zenwon
    wOOt! P3's gonna rock! Sucks for nintendo about the controller 'cause Sony never said whether or not it had motion sensors onboard(least I dont remember them saying) at last years E3. Thankfully they got rid of the stupid ass boomarang controller lmao. I don't think theres any compettion between sony and nintendo, so the controller If they "stole" the motion sensor thing shouldnt be a problem. Both companies are goin further down the road they started treading in the last ten years...Nintendo for younger players and sony for older players. Not to sure about what the benefits of having a 60G HD as opposed to a 20G is gonna be. What all would you store on your console anyway? Even with all the games and music I have stored on my XBox not even close to filling it up.
    Has nothing to do with market or whatever, if the technology is the same as what Nintendo patented and Sony did not pay to use it, then there's a legal problem.
    The whole "nintendo is for kiddies and playstation is for bigboys" is an even more retarded comment today than it was 10 years ago btw
    Last edited by Mastablasta; May 9th, 2006 at 17:03:29.
    The Red Brotherhood

Nintendo arent and never have been going for younger players.. they are going for gamers... and those who want to and yet have never played a game yet... Sony are going for the "in" crowd those who must have the latest bleeding edge even if it only sits there and looks pretty because its actually bloody useless

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Heh prices don't compare that easily. Before danish taxes (and norwegian taxes, which appear to be higher on electronic equipment) then 599€ (for the big HD one) might look like a nice price, but seeing as how actual consumer price is in danish kroner with taxes is about 7-10 times the "recommended" price, meaning that a PS3 will cost 6-7000kr
    My PC has been rather expensive, I had a couple of unexpected expenses that added about 1500kr to it's total price, but the main reason why what I have now cost about 9,100 kr is that I chose to buy only top brand names and not save anywhere.. I could've easily saved a couple thousand by buying lesser brand names or lower model numbers, but I chose to spend a little extra.

It could be twice as expensive easily, but even then I'd still be paying less than a PS3 and a HD Ready TV because why get a PS3 if you were still stuck with your old 640x480 TV?
    The P3 is only limited graphically by the TV the consumer has. Its got twice the video crank as two(2) GEForce 6800's. Plus its using BlueRay, AND has enough memory AND A Multi Core Processor to crunch all the data. The Blue Ray ALONE would set you way way back pricewise. Add in the processor, mem, and video cards..NO Way would you get a comparable PC pricewise. No Way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast