Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat Alert pack for uber doctors (level 100+) V2

Quote Originally Posted by Cutekittens View Post
    does this only work for docs ?
    What Dockwagon said is correct. It's designed for doctors. However, as it still covers all original chat alert default configuration/sounds, I assume it is still useful for other professions to a certain degree.

For example, you can instantly learn that you are debuffed/drained/snared/rooted in BS/Alb/Alapp, DB debuff is coming, etc. Although you won't get notice for the termination of your professional specific nano, you can still get more alert than usual.
    DavidChiou 220/26 Neutral Doctor

The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self. ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Odinochka View Post
    For some reason it says "monitoring 2 log files" but doesn't plays any sound. WTH?
    "monitoring 2 log files" is a good sign as at least the program is running

Please configure AO to save the following into logs:
    System
    Me hit by nano
    Me hit by player
    You hit other with nano
    (c.f. How to Create AO Log File.html)

But as Odinochka should already enabled the logs for DD parser, this is probably not the reason.

Do you hear any sound at all? Please run two tests:
    1. Fight the bartender and wait for your FA skill to be available -> any alert like "FA skill available"?
    2. target a NPC to heal -> any alert?

The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self. ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by davidchiou View Post
    "monitoring 2 log files" is a good sign as at least the program is running

Please configure AO to save the following into logs:
    System
    Me hit by nano
    Me hit by player
    You hit other with nano
    (c.f. How to Create AO Log File.html)

But as Odinochka should already enabled the logs for DD parser, this is probably not the reason.

Do you hear any sound at all? Please run two tests:
    1. Fight the bartender and wait for your FA skill to be available -> any alert like "FA skill available"?
    2. target a NPC to heal -> any alert?
    Nothing, just silence. Maybe it's cause i got 2 audio cards and it sets output on wrong one wich i don't use(built in mainboard). Can't check cause port burned out while ago. Is there any way to adjust it's volume and set output device?
    Odinochka 220/30/70 Sol Veteran of Punk
    Linadoc 220/29/70 Doc Advisor of Punk

Nothing, just silence. Maybe it's cause i got 2 audio cards and it sets output on wrong one wich i don't use(built in mainboard). Can't check cause port burned out while ago. Is there any way to adjust it's volume and set output device?
    "Disable this device" in windows?
    Eventually disable in BIOS

Supposedly Chat Alert just uses the default audio card and cannot choose which one to use. If your audio card works for other application, I guess Chat Alert should work too.

Are you able to find out the text like "Fast Attack Skill Available" in your log file?

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    As Ober hinted at.... If you disable the one that does not work anymore, your problem is most likely solved.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

anyone has this running on vista I cant seem to get it running :/
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Quote Originally Posted by Soladoc View Post
    anyone has this running on vista I cant seem to get it running :/
    I have no first hand experience with Vista, but I've read many places that installing programs under
    "Program files" and some other place I can't remember can give problems due to user rights or something.

If programs are installed on another drive or in the root of your C drive, then that should not be a problem.

Just an idea...

well I installed it on desktop at first but than after I started it just did nothing and I had an old clien installed anarchy online (folder) and anarchy online2 (folder) due some error in patching. but still I linked it in the file to my anarchy online2 folder when it asked for it and yes I set on log.txt

Did you disable the soundcard that do not work? Either in your BIOS or in your hardware manager.

I got didn't and I got full sound and I can play those files with wmp but I think the log is where it go's wrong, I got no problem with damage dumpers btw. I tried both ways downloaded halorn version installed it it sad scanning for logs monitoring 4 logs out of 4 and no sound and with the other version (the newer it doesnt say that). but I'll give u a tell when I bump into game this evening after work to work it out

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Did you disable the soundcard that do not work? Either in your BIOS or in your hardware manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Newp, useing anologue input on it for mic so can't.
    But yet again, it's set as secondary soundcard. So if you're calling generic DirectSound driver it should work via my main soundcard and work fine(winamp,msn,trillian, skype and so on work quite fine).

Oh yah useing vista :P So i guess thats the problem.
    Last edited by Odinochka; Aug 22nd, 2007 at 06:28:15.

Newp, useing anologue input on it for mic so can't.
    But yet again, it's set as secondary soundcard. So if you're calling generic DirectSound driver it should work via my main soundcard and work fine(winamp,msn,trillian, skype and so on work quite fine).
    Yeah... It should work then...

Ahhh, that explains it....

Well, I don't have any other ideas atm on what you could try...

Hmm... Looks like Chat Alert program might have problem running on Vista...

Anyone with Vista that can run it?

Btw... Whats the install path to where you are trying to run Chat Alert from?

I just extracted the zip and placed it on the /programfiles location and also tried desktop. both no effect

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Btw... Whats the install path to where you are trying to run Chat Alert from?
    D:/Anarchy Online/Chat Alert ofc. Not system "program files". Just seems vista blocks the way ChatAlert tries to send audio to sound driver. Running it as administrator didn't help also. What most odd is, there is nothing in event viewer, no access violations errors, nothing.

D:/Anarchy Online/Chat Alert ofc. Not system "program files". Just seems vista blocks the way ChatAlert tries to send audio to sound driver. Running it as administrator didn't help also. What most odd is, there is nothing in event viewer, no access violations errors, nothing.
    wee for someone with same problems as me >.<.

Gonna try to make this work in Vista whenever I get time (and remember to) play AO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast