Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: MP pets

Well, I'm understandably biased about that, being a calm prof myself

I would like to see pets zoning with you into the decom room after being mezzed/calmed/rooted and that hostile effects are wipen from their NCU. Exiting decom room and finding your pets calmed outside, having to recast them sucks hard as you'll spend too much time recasting/rebuffing them.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Well, I'm understandably biased about that, being a calm prof myself

I would like to see pets zoning with you into the decom room after being mezzed/calmed/rooted and that hostile effects are wipen from their NCU. Exiting decom room and finding your pets calmed outside, having to recast them sucks hard as you'll spend too much time recasting/rebuffing them.
    Hehe, really, so you spend too much time having to recast pets? Well, glad you saw what this thread is about.

Recasting pets sucks, it is a waste of time. If you can self-cast it, you don't have any advantage of longer pet time, except that you have more time to actually play this game, and not just wait. The pet won't survive longer, won't hit harder, even if its time has run out in a fight, it doesn't despawn anyway. It is not an OSB, having 8h GSF/Behe/Reflects so that everyone can take them for granted any time would for sure be a factor to game balance, but having a 2h pet won't, other pet users have that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Camar View Post
    Hehe, really, so you spend too much time having to recast pets? Well, glad you saw what this thread is about.

Recasting pets sucks, it is a waste of time. If you can self-cast it, you don't have any advantage of longer pet time, except that you have more time to actually play this game, and not just wait. The pet won't survive longer, won't hit harder, even if its time has run out in a fight, it doesn't despawn anyway. It is not an OSB, having 8h GSF/Behe/Reflects so that everyone can take them for granted any time would for sure be a factor to game balance, but having a 2h pet won't, other pet users have that for years.
    I will say it again, cuz you guys just ignore it

The nanocloud briefly takes on a semi-physical manifestation of the caster's anger

30 minutes is not a brief time, its too long as it is.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post

The nanocloud briefly takes on a semi-physical manifestation of the caster's anger

Dude, this is a copy and paste from the first MP pet. All descriptions of all MP pets are the same. This is the description for the pets that don't have individual names, but names like Embodiment, Personification, etc. This description makes sense for those.
    It changes for demons, nothing about "briefly" there, yet they have the same duration as the pets before, and like the SL-demons. Just a simple mistake of the coders, copied the wrong phrase.

Quit grasping at ridiculous straws, you are making a fool of yourself. Anyone who actually reads the non-troll arguments can see that.

And BTW: Description on Healpets is copy-paste too, but the duration is changed for Morti.
    Last edited by Camar; May 24th, 2007 at 13:12:47.

Well, "brief" is a relative term. It can represent only a few seconds in duration, but it can extend over a few days or even more as well.

Keep it up, please.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Keep it up, please.
    Glad that someone agrees with me here and not just use stupid flames and answers like "No u dont kn3w anything, u n00b".
    ?

Glad that someone agrees with me here and not just use stupid flames and answers like "No u dont kn3w anything, u n00b".
    Sarcasm detector failed I guess.

Anyway, where did I call you stupid or a noob? I never insulted you or anyone else in this thread and in general in this forums. If you do feel I insulted you, my apologies, although I don't know where you get that from.

I have no problem discussing, I have no problem admitting mistakes. But what I do have a problem with people who don't read the arguments given, or just ignore them and post things that have nothing to do with the problem at hand. An obviously mistaken nano-description as an argument against prolonging the nano's duration just has no merit, I stated that, that's it. It is not in any way an argument against the things that were said before.

All other arguments you have stated have been countered. It is in no way exploitable (even the second thing that came up in the discussion, reduced cast-times isn't). It won't give the MPs any more combat capabilities. It won't give MPs pets they cannot self-cast for a longer time, all is level-locked and easy to cast anyway.

I will say it again

The dev that changes the pet duration can remove the word briefly from the description.

(bump for 2h pets)
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Jonalethian View Post
    I will say it again

The dev that changes the pet duration can remove the word briefly from the description.

(bump for 2h pets)
    A very reasonable and logical solution.

bump

Since there have been several people opposed to this, then I am no longer buffing anyone who is level 200-220.

If you are a 220 fixer, and you want the CM to cast your shadowweb, then screw you, you're not getting it from me.

If you are a 220 keeper, you are not getting CM to cast your top auras.

If you are a 220 advy.. then you don't need my CM because you can probably cast a 220 buff at level 100!

Give us longer pets since other professions are desperate for our buffs.. no longer duration, no buffs from this MP.
    Guild: Spartans

Pwoz00 - 220/19 Sol MP
    Pwoz - 173/11 Trox Soldier
    Pwoz01 132/7 Sol Doc
    Thepraxis - 105/3 Trox Advy

Quote Originally Posted by GoDofUSA View Post
    Since there have been several people opposed to this, then I am no longer buffing anyone who is level 200-220.

If you are a 220 fixer, and you want the CM to cast your shadowweb, then screw you, you're not getting it from me.

If you are a 220 keeper, you are not getting CM to cast your top auras.

If you are a 220 advy.. then you don't need my CM because you can probably cast a 220 buff at level 100!

Give us longer pets since other professions are desperate for our buffs.. no longer duration, no buffs from this MP.
    lol, the AO comunity is already used to your blackmailing tactics...every time you guys need some new toy to make your profession more uber than others you bring out the "no buffs for j00" stuff, like a little kid saying he hates his parents till they buy the stuff he wants.

Grow up ffs.
    ?

lol, the AO comunity is already used to your blackmailing tactics...every time you guys need some new toy to make your profession more uber than others you bring out the "no buffs for j00" stuff, like a little kid saying he hates his parents till they buy the stuff he wants.

Grow up ffs.
    Um...... Hold on, let my brain start working again...

Ok, there it goes.

HOW is extending the duration of an MP's demon making MP "more uber than others"? I would like to know. Compare the MP to both other pet profs:

Engi: Pets don't have a timer

Crat: Last time I checked, their droid (poor CG ) lasted roughly 2 hours. Carlo lasts 30 minutes. Hell, bump for Carlo lasting longer (some will argue he's a replacement for the charm line but hey, the crat is "paying" carlo! Listen to what he says in Other's Pets. Quite funny).

MP: Demon: 30 minutes, Mezz pet: 34ish minutes, Heal pet: 2 hours

So..... If our heal pet lasts 2 hours, how does making our demon last 2 hours make MP any more uber then the rest? I'm still grasping for a reason. Our heal pet is 2 hours long... How does that make us extra uber? Oh yeah! We only have to cast it once every 2 hours. I'm still failing to see the uberness...

I will eagerly await your defense.
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

Quote Originally Posted by Norbal View Post
    ...blabla...BIG LETTERS....shiny colors...
    You already have 3 pets it is necesery to have some drawback on that power.

The pets duration fits perfectly into the MP storyline too, you summon him by focusing your anger and turning it into a form, i dont see why 30 min is so short to you...some self nanos in game last even shorter and ppl do not complain about them...

Combined with 100% capping AS and your new dot you already kill ppl without the need of your pet, when we add MPs 2.4kish evades in play i dont rly see why you guys even need a dmg pet.

If casting 1 nano every 30 minutes is so hard for you, just dont do it i guess, noone forces you to have a pet.
    ?

Please come back to "Take the bullet thread".
    I see you kinda miss MPs in "your" thread.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

I see you kinda miss MPs in "your" thread.
    Please stay on toppic, i dont really see what this thread has to do with some crats thread...
    ?

The pets duration fits perfectly into the MP storyline too, you summon him by focusing your anger and turning it into a form, i dont see why 30 min is so short to you...some self nanos in game last even shorter and ppl do not complain about them...
    "Summons a powerful creature of energy which will attack the enemies of the caster."

That is the correct description for any pet with a demon form. All other is just a copy-paste mistake. I don't know why you are still using this "argument".

The description you keep quoting ad nauseum is the description for meat-balls, which all "coincidentally" have names like Personification or even Manifestation. The SL demons have individual names, nothing about manifesting anger, nothing about brief.

Just grow up, admit you are grasping at straws out of pure envy, your last post is nothing but "waaah MPs are more uber than me".

"Summons a powerful creature of energy which will attack the enemies of the caster."

That is the correct description for any pet with a demon form.
    Not realy.

Summon Cacodemon
    NaCost: 535NCU cost: 58
    Duration: 00:00:10
    Range: 5m
    Speed:
    Attack 6.00s
    Recharge 3.10s
    Attack skills: Matter Crea 50% Time&Space 50%
    Requirements:
    Use:

Time&Space from 874
    Matter Crea from 874
    Meta-Physicist
    Must have no other regular pet.

Description:
    The nanocloud briefly takes on a semi-physical manifestation of the caster's anger.

But, as I stated before, "brief" is a relative term.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Well, check out the three demons before. Again, copy and paste-mistake, this is also an incorrect description. Why should Caco be any different from Lemur/Demon/Fiend?

But I guess you jsut wanted to feed the troll?
    Well, he does make a fool of himself, and keeps bumping this thread at the same
    Last edited by Camar; May 25th, 2007 at 09:32:33.

I don't know why you are still using this "argument".
    Because he is a forumtroll who is to much chicken to post under his ingame name and has no other arguments

Bump for 2h MP Pets
    127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

*** Defence of Liberty ***
    welcome to the neutrals

Quote Originally Posted by stormranger View Post
    Because he is a forumtroll who is to much chicken to post under his ingame name and has no other arguments

Bump for 2h MP Pets
    Cant post my ingame name cuz MPs will not buff me then "aite?"
    ?

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast